Zach Ertz Traded

Dablitzkrieg

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Been saying this since last season, but the comparison between Knox and Ertz is a joke. Ertz basically just runs out over the middle and catches balls as a steady TE. Knox’s athleticism is in another tier. 

Before this season I would not have agreed w u.....seeing what I am seeing and heffing down some seriously huge crow....I am happy to see Fort Knox taking names!!!!

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I wanted Ertz for the 2 TE sets and a no drop off backup to Knox for a playoff run. 

Sweeney and Gilliam are better blockers in a 2 TE set which we rarely use.  I also worry about an injury to Knox but that's also a lot of money for a backup who may not be happy serving that role.  Hopefully Quintin Morris will step up if he does have to miss a few games for whatever reason.

15 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

19 hours ago, Billyboy said:

Watch out what you wish for.  The Cardinals GM has added a bunch of super stars since that hail Mary game.  Jordon Phillips, JJ Watt, and Ertz to name a few.  Brandon has not.  Just one, (Emmanuel Sanders).  They surprised you with the Hail Mary don't be surprised if they surprise you AGAIN!

For comparison, Boogie Basham has 5 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 2 games this year. 

Yeah, right they added superstars and we didn’t 🙄.

JJ Watt stats this year so far: 10 tackles 2 assisted tackles 0 sacks

Gregory Rousseau stats this year so far: 18 tackles 3 assisted tackles 3 sacks 1 interception.

Jordan Phillips has yet to play a game but  only had 10 tackles and 2 sacks last year. 

For comparison, Boogie Basham has 5 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 2 games this year. 

Yeah, right they added superstars and we didn’t 🙄.

Face!

18 hours ago, vincec said:

Right now Tampa Bay is the top dog. They have the talent and have proven that they can win it all. But it's a long way to the end of the year. Things may shift in Arizona's or even Dallas's favor before the playoffs.

So many of those better NFC teams are stacked with aging vets and lack depth due to roster construction. A few injuries could derail most of them. Just look at the Rams and Packers last year with Donald and Bakhtiari. By contrast most of the top AFC teams appear to have better depth and/ fewer injury prone guys at critical positions. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out over a 17 game season. 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:22 AM, unbillievable said:

Ertz's value kept dropping since the draft. They should have traded him months ago.

I was wondering the same, thank God they were asking too much so the beane said no. Seems like there was a ton of drama all off season to settle for a 5th. For the amount of draft capital they already have, a 5th doesn't seem to matter that much.