Emmanuel Sanders Embracement Thread

BigDingus

But he is like 90 years old in football player years ;) 

J/K I knew he was going to be a huge upgrade over Smoke..

Poor Smoke was never going to be a #1 or 2 he was and is a gadget guy who played way above expectations for one year.

Sanders is damn good,  he knows what he’s doing, and he knows why he’s doing it, and as an aside, the same goes for Beane for pursuing him as long as he did to get him signed, 👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Loved Sanders and Thomas when they were with the Broncos. Was really happy Sanders signed here and am pleasantly surprised about Sanders ability to get deep. I don’t think he did much of that with the Saints but it may have been more a function of Brees not being able to go deep because of injury. Anyway, he brings a total package at wideout with great experience. The Bills took the WR room up a notch. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure if many recall this, but we targeted Manny first, I wonder if he was decisive if we still get Diggs? Now we have them both. Beane clearly never forgot about Manny and I laugh when they call him old. He one of those age isn't relevant players. Just as smooth as it gets in his routes and can play anywhere. The riches we have at WR is just not fair. You could make two teams have a fairly decent group out of all of them. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/4/1/21202749/the-buffalo-bills-had-interest-in-wr-emmanuel-sanders-stefon-diggs-trade

Edited by KzooMike

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Sanders is damn good,  he knows what he’s doing, and he knows why he’s doing it, and as an aside, the same goes for Beane for pursuing him as long as he did to get him signed, 👍

Go Bills!!!

maybe one of the forgotten pints of getting Sanders in Buffalo ? Beane was pursuing him for quite awhile . years

Color me delighted. and surprised !
When the coverage balances out , Diggs will come free more often

1A and 1A
win win here

heck yeahs

1 hour ago, Putin said:

You didn’t tell me 

he did not tell me either
:(

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I told everyone here that Manny Sands was DIggs light and a better WR then Smoke

He is

I loved Smoke. But ... he was always the classic speedburner receiver, and that speed seemed to be in decline last year. He did a great job transforming himself into a possession receive in the first half of last season. But I'm not sure he ever broke free long all season. So Beane did his homework - Sanders is 3 years older, but he's got more left in the tank than Brown. And he was an overall better receiver throughout his career. Bottom line: Brown is still looking for a job.

15 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

I was all in. I had to explain to doubter I know that he is a route technician like Bease and Diggs, and been to the Bowl a few times.

Clutch hands, speed and chemistry with #17  is all there. Do your thing Emmanuel we are blessed to have you in a Bills uniform!

m

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Difference between Sanders and Brown:

Sanders can get off the LOS against physical CBs. We saw it time and time again last year where Brown was abused at the line, ESPECIALLY in the AFCCG. Sanders can stretch the field and also beat zone with his savvy.

One of the most underrated things that I've seen from Sanders: his blocking has been RIDICULOUS. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/11/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I really liked Smoke and was hoping they would reach agreement on a lower contract number, but Sanders is just flat out better.  Really nice move by Beane.  

Is Smoke still on the street, or did someone pick him up?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.