I thought KC's defense played well.... For them

Billsfan1972

They were facing a high powered offense.  They kept the WR's in check (7 completions).  Allen threw for <60% and they brought significant pressure.  

The Bills punted 4 times, were forced a few 3 & outs and db's broke up passes too.  Allen had trouble at times too with reads.  

The only penalty they got on Defense was that Roughing the passer.

Allen threw lasers to Sanders, Knox & Diggs.

The Bills offense should throw for a minimum of 300/gm and they have weapons everywhere.

I know the Chiefs D is not good, but they've played a tough schedule and looked not bad yesterday against a top 5 offense in the league.

• Agree 1

They probably played their best game of the season but obviously it wasn't anywhere close to good enough to win the game against a team of the Bills caliber.

Still think they were figure things out and even with marginal improvement they'll be right back in the playoff/championship picture by end of season because Mahomes is too good to completely let this team fade, at least I think.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He ran away from pressure, multiple looks, wr's we're blanketed.  No penalties on their defense outside roughing the passer.  He also had to make some quick throws.

I disagree. And I think the stats will show that Allen was well protected. There was a single QB hit on him and that's all. Yes, there was a little pressure, but far less than the average game, in my opinion.

The arrogance of cheifs fans is unbearable. Read many tweets today's saying how the roughing the passer call on Allen was bs (debatable) and how kc would've won had it not been called 🙄 regardless of how successful the bills ever become, I hope we as a fan base are never as ridiculous as they are. 

Having said that, I thought the kc defense was good in the 2nd half. They pretty much shut down the bills offense for most of the 2nd half. 

Just to juxtapose, here is Justin Herbert vs. Cleveland.  The Browns' defence made KC's look great.  Herbert played great, but the highlight reel doesn't show one difficult pass, catch or any defense by the Browns.  Particularly note the two long TD's....

Edited by Billsfan1972

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They were facing a high powered offense.  They kept the WR's in check (7 completions).  Allen threw for <60% and they brought significant pressure.  

The Bills punted 4 times, were forced a few 3 & outs and db's broke up passes too.  Allen had trouble at times too with reads.  

The Bills offense should throw for a minimum of 300/gm and they have weapons everywhere.

I know the Chiefs D is not good, but they've played a tough schedule and looked not bad yesterday against a top 5 offense in the league.

Dude...they allowed 8.1 yards per play and over 20 yards a completion, are you kidding me?

In no way, shape or form was that anything close to a good performance no matter how you want to characterize it.

Edited by Big Turk

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

FTFY.

Their defensive backs still get away with murder apparently...i don't want to be one of those conspiracy theory people but I think their ragtag defense wouldve gotten smoked every week for the last 2 years if the refs were a little closer to the rulebook definition of a hold lol and that would certainly hurt the patrick mahomes brand by association.  it does seem like we learned and made a more concerted effort to hold also but we went a bit overboard at times lol

Again if KC's defense was so bad against a top five offense, then assess Indianapolis or the Ravens last night or LAC's, the Browns, Miami's???  How about LAR vs. Arizona or anyone's vs. Dallas.

As said they only had one penalty on defense and Allen completed <60% of his passes. 

Allen made great passes (and runs).....

Edited by Billsfan1972

14 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Chiefs gave up 8.1 yards per play.   And they had several blown coverages that resulted in big completions for the Bills.   That is not the definition of a defense playing well .

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

The arrogance of cheifs fans is unbearable. Read many tweets today's saying how the roughing the passer call on Allen was bs (debatable) and how kc would've won had it not been called 🙄 regardless of how successful the bills ever become, I hope we as a fan base are never as ridiculous as they are. 

Having said that, I thought the kc defense was good in the 2nd half. They pretty much shut down the bills offense for most of the 2nd half. 

let’s assume that the interception stood. It was actually the equivalent of a punt. KC with the ball on their own 40 and down 11 with like 8 minutes left in the game.

They really were that confident that they would score at least a TD, 2-point conversion, and FG, and also prevent the Bills from scoring again? 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

The Chiefs gave up 8.1 yards per play.   And they had several blown coverages that resulted in big completions for the Bills.   That is not the definition of a defense playing well .

Again there are blown coverages every game. 

Want blown coverages, see Herbert's long TD passes Sunday (above).  That is blown coverages and no one within 15 yards.

Are we calling Diggs turning Sorenson around blown?  Dawson working himself free after Allen evades coverage, extends a play and throws a perfect pass blown?  The other pass to Knox for 35 where he was covered?  The TD frozn rope to Sander s again blown coverage?  Allen completed 15 passes and all were on the money (Moss & Singletary dropped passes and a few uncalled DPI's too). 

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

OFC they don't bother to mention the phantom holding call the play right before where Allen ran for a first own that would have made the ensuing 3rd down play unnecessary...

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

OFC they don't bother to mention the phantom holding call the play right before where Allen ran for a first own that would have made the ensuing 3rd down play unnecessary...

Just saw the replay and how that was called a hold is beyond me (and agreed would have made the call the next play moot). The Mahomes RTP would have given the Bills first down at the KC 32 (as it was 4th down).

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Their D is historically bad right now. They had no chance.

They are currently allowing the most yards per play in NFL history by over a half a yard...the current full season worst defense was Rob Ryan's New Orleans Saints D several years ago...that's hard to be worse than.

13 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Just to juxtapose, here is Justin Herbert vs. Cleveland.  The Browns' defence made KC's look great.  Herbert played great, but the highlight reel doesn't show one difficult pass, catch or any defense by the Browns.  Particularly note the two long TD's....

The Browns are a strange one...they "should" have a good defense based on the talent and number of high draft picks on that side of the ball but they give up yards and points in bunches many games.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They are currently allowing the most yards per play in NFL history by over a half a yard...the current full season worst defense was Rob Ryan's New Orleans Saints D several years ago...that's hard to be worse than.

The Browns are a strange one...they "should" have a good defense based on the talent and number of high draft picks on that side of the ball but they give up yards and points in bunches many games.

Again look at who the Chiefs have played too.  Chargers, Ravens, Bills, Browns & Philly.....  I'd say 4 of them are well above average offenses (and Philly isn't bad either). 

34 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again look at who the Chiefs have played too.  Chargers, Ravens, Bills, Browns & Philly.....  I'd say 4 of them are well above average offenses (and Philly isn't bad either). 

That's true but they are still pretty terrible as was seen during our game...

I mean we averaged 8.1 yards per play and 20 yards a completion. Those are ridiculous numbers like you'd see on Madden in rookie mode 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That's true but they are still pretty terrible as was seen during our game...

I mean we averaged 8.1 yards per play and 20 yards a completion. Those are ridiculous numbers like you'd see on Madden in rookie mode 

Again look at the completions.  Knox made one contested catch and another was a rope by Allen after extending a play.  Diggs turned Sorenson around, Sanders too on another TD dart, and I think a nice Moss catch & run well set up. 

BTW Mahomes missed a wide open Kelce on a pass that would have gone for 40+ too.

Can't blame Allen for making great downfield passes.

If it was 22 completions for 440, that would have been impressive!!!!!!😜  

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again there are blown coverages every game. 

Want blown coverages, see Herbert's long TD passes Sunday (above).  That is blown coverages and no one within 15 yards.

Are we calling Diggs turning Sorenson around blown?  Dawson working himself free after Allen evades coverage, extends a play and throws a perfect pass blown?  The other pass to Knox for 35 where he was covered?  The TD frozn rope to Sander s again blown coverage?  Allen completed 15 passes and all were on the money (Moss & Singletary dropped passes and a few uncalled DPI's too). 

You really aren't a good listener are you?    And you have a tendency to try to distort stuff in your favor.  Dirty Dan Sorensen alone below coverage on both Know and Diggs that resulted in some of the biggest plays in game.  That wasn't because of pin point passing from Allen.   But keep trying.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.