[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Huh ...what? He cut the head off his his wife...the mother of his kids....and killed an innocent bystander. 

Shame on Bills for keeping his name up there

In the eyes of the court he was found innocent. Yes I agree with you he did it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And Antonio Brown still plays on their team.

Yeah, theres a lot of bad going on here.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Someone within league circles had it out for him...why are only the emails from Gruden the ones released from over 650K emails?  Nobody else said anything bad?  I'm not buying it.

First shoe to drop?

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

First shoe to drop?

The stories about this made it seem like the NFL would continue to leak more emails until Gruden was fired or resigned and that they wanted him out.  Perhaps his inflammatory comments about Goodell?

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

First shoe to drop?

Intimidation. The instigating act was the vote to recall DeMaurice Smith, the owner-friendly NFLPA head. This is basically waking up with a horse head in bed with you.

Edited by pocoboy
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yep. I still believe actions speak louder than words.

Embarrassing your employer is an action, in a sense.  Gruden needed to go.

But the NFL has learned nothing. Deshaun Watson is collecting $40M without a peep from the league.  Too bad one of the girls didn't have a security camera on their bag, could have forced Goodell's hand Ray Rice style.  Evidently that's what it takes.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Huh ...what? He cut the head off his his wife...the mother of his kids....and killed an innocent bystander. 

I hate to be that guy, but...acquitted.  Sorry, I lean towards the legal aspect of things...and yes I 100% believe he did it.

HOWEVER, taking him down because he is a for sure wife beater, even going back to his Buffalo days?!   Yes.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Intimidation. The instigating act was the vote to recall DeMaurice Smith, the owner-friendly NFLPA head. This is basically waking up with a horse head in bed with you.

Calling Goodell a "spineless p***y" probably didn't help him either...just saying.

Just now, Bangarang said:

All the Bucs had to do was nothing. How they can do this but still keep AB is laughable. 

If the league decides to draw this line then a lot of players should get cancelled as well. 

#12 likes AB, #12 gets what he wants.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Calling Goodell a "spineless p***y" probably didn't help him either...just saying.

I think this is what got him ousted from the league more than anything else. The Office could live with the bigotry, but not the shot at Goodell, and this was all a show of power.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think this is what got him ousted from the league more than anything else. The Office could live with the bigotry, but not the shot at Goodell, and this was all a show of power.

Ding ding ding.

This is why the league is rife with glorified criminals and general scumbags.  So long as they kiss The Shield™️ they'll be just fine.  Just ask the statue of a murderer outside of M&T Stadium.

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

CRAZY that removing OJ has 1000% been assessed by the Bills and determined that removal of his name would receive PR backlash... The world we live in todaySMH

Curious to see what happens when the Bills move into their new stadium. Will the Pegula's put OJ's name up there in the new Ring of Honor or will they just leave his name off. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ralph Wilson should have been ashamed of himself and the Pegulas should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to glorify, recognize and celebrate a murderer.

It's disgusting.

If his name goes up in the new stadium it will be disgusting. Personally I don't think it will.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

The country was a totally different place back then.   He was charged, went on trail and was found not guilty.   When the jury found him not guilty the majority of the black community celebrated.  This should not be surprising given the decades (centuries) of racial inequality they experienced from the justice system.  

The innocent bystander, well he was neither innocent or a bystander.   He was there, he played a role, having an affair with another mans wife does not make you an innocent bystander.  

That all said, OJ should have been found guilty and his named removed from our WoF.  Maybe his name will be removed  once the new stadium is completed?  

What is interesting is how justice is viewed at various points in our history.    

Edited by Bob in STL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.