[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

Oh good. Now Feliciano is chirping about it on Twitter. 

in response to Schefter tweet about Gruden resignation:

“Is he gonna return the money like he said he would?” 

and then: 

“never been about the raiders. It was always about gruden. I was there. He’s a pos.”

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

This extreme would be to cancel life, and no, no one wants to do that.  Because of this is the solution, you and I are getting cancelled too.

We need  some tolerance.  We need to allow people to make mistakes and grow, learn and develop from them. 

Speak for yourself. I am not getting canceled. Not ever worried about it either.

Another paradox/fallacy to read up on! Youre really nailing them today. Paradox of Tolerance

Just now, Pokebball said:

For me, it's simple.

The NFL needs to decide if they're going to "woke" or not.

Or else what?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

So many inaccuracies here - the investigation that uncovered these Gruden emails was an internal league probe into WFT’s workplace culture, let’s say “issues.” It has nothing to do with the federal criminal investigation into WFT’s trainer. FOIL would not apply, at all. FOIL would not work for the criminal investigation either at this point, since that investigation is still active.

You’re conflating things here. Read the thread you’ll get a clearer picture.

And how do you think the papers got them? My goodness

Speaking of inaccuracies, I believe you mean FOIA?

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The NFL didn't "leak" the emails.   Two newspapers, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, reported the content of the emails.

Leaked to them by the people that work out of 345 Park Ave, New York, NY

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You mean Bruce Allen? May want to do some of your own research on Allen and what an upstanding individual he is. Or isnt.

Keep in mind, the NFL was investigating the disgusting office culture of the WFT which was lead by Snyder and Allen when they stumbled across these emails.

Gruden's emails arent even the main event.

No investigation needed.  I knew that BA was a DB.  The question still remains.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBud said:

No investigation needed.  I knew that BA was a DB.  The question still remains.

Which question?

BA was the one who received these emails. Of course he wasnt going to report him because he's a scumbag too. He's already been ousted tho, so not much left to do.

35 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You see, I don't want to cancel anyone.  I don't want to rationalize selective cancellation.  Free speech is going to be offensive.  

What Gruden did was stupid and inappropriate.  How these entertainers live their lives and what they say in their songs is even more so stupid and inappropriate.  How the NFL can hire one and not the other is them being inconsistently selective in their management and social and cultural images they want to portray.

Well, you happily omit one pretty key distinction in your little exercise in whataboutism - one party was a prominent NFL employee in a leadership role, the other parties are entertainers who work for themselves being contracted for one day of work. Pretty sure the league is on solid ground applying different standards to the two.

points for squeezing “free speech” into this, when it has nothing to do with free speech.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

Was Bruce Allen the only one that was on these emails?

No. The Times named a few other recipients- one was the founder of Hooters, another ran some bowl game in Tampa, another was an owner of a fried chicken joint.

edit: fun fact - the bowl game guy is Jim McVay, uncle to Sean. He makes a mil a year to put on the Outback bowl.

Edited by JoPoy88

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

Was Bruce Allen the only one that was on these emails?

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

No. The Times named a few other recipients- one was the founder of Hooters, another ran some bowl game in Tampa, another was an owner of a fried chicken joint.

Yes, Allen was the only one from the WFT/NFL.

• Agree 1

What strikes me as funny about this whole thing is the constant line up of shows on ESPN etc, with the likes of Skip Bayless and Max Kellerman, as they sit there talking in sober, judgmental tones, acting like none of them have any negative views about women, LGBT community or anything else. 

Maybe none of them do, but I'd like them to take a little advice from Michael Wilbon who, for me, spoke the most sense on this subject yesterday when he said his biggest issue with Gruden (this was following the original email) was that he insisted he didn't have a racist bone in his body. Wilbon said he hates it when people say this stuff because everyone has prejudice in them to some degree, himself included.

Instead of everyone waving the finger of judgement and acting like their ***** doesn't stink, I'd really love it if they all had an open conversation where they admitted some of the stuff they themselves have said in the past, stuff that might have even been a joke with friends but that other people would find offensive. I know I'm living in a fantasy land here, kind of like asking a politician to be honest, but that would be much healthier and much more beneficial to everyone in the long run than being self righteous for a few days and then moving onto the next hot topic.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He can also buy some sensitivity training .. a find a kindler gentler way of communicating….

fat chance. Guys like he make mistakes and its like teflon deflect Deflect DEFLECT. If he actually mans up and grows I want to see Proof not just lip service

• Agree 1

Between the unknown nature of whatever else the investigation into the WFT has found -- what's in the rest of these Bruce Allen e-mails? -- and the ongoing St Louis relocation lawsuit, the league potentially is about to have some very public, very ugly things to answer for. Little bit of a scary time for those in the league office.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.