TNF Game Thread: Rams @ Seahawks

PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Geno Smith is proof positive that what we think is true about a young player is not necessarily a lifetime curse.  It may also be evidence of the mishandling of Geno Smith when he was a young QB.  I am convinced that a significant number of QBs' careers have been ruined by teams that didn't understand how to handle them.

If I recall correctly, Geno Smith mishandled himself.

People can change.

Friday morning reflections:

- The NFC West has some very basic formula to its seeming randomness: the Rams own the Seahawks (7-3 since 2017), the 49ers own the Rams (9ers have won 4 straight), but the Seahawks own the 49ers (7-2 since 2017). Arizona might be the team that sneaks in and takes the spoils while those 3 beat each other up again. 

- the Rams defense has been slow out of the blocks this season and they are definitely missing their two departed defensive backs now residing in Cleveland. One way to get around that is to be even more active up front and they were all over Wilson at times last night even before they knocked him out of the game. 

- I was sceptical when the Rams decided to pay both Kupp and Woods. I thought they were both very good but too similar, neither was a real burner who took the top off, they didn't do enough big play wise....... yea, I was wrong about that. I've said it before but the McVay offense at its heart is the Shanahan stretch zone off of the west coast offense and that WCO has always valued precise route runners. They have two of the best. 

- Geno Smith sighting! Fair play to Geno who last took an NFL snap 4 years ago, firstly for hanging around this long and secondly for putting a nice drive together. Geno's problem was never his throwing ability. He throws the ball beautifully and always has, the touchdown pass was close to perfection. His issue was always decision making, but maybe he has matured in his time as a backup and the INT was not on him, his receiver fell over. 

- The Seahawks now have very little room to manoeuvre in the playoff race. They have 8 non-divisional games remaining. One of those is Green Bay but the other are all very winnable. I think they have to take at least 7 of 8 to have a shot at the post season. 

EDIT: sorry one thing I meant to add and forgot when I wrote this up was I thought the Rams were really clever in their use of empty formations to force Jamal Adams to cover. Adams is a great player but if you can isolate him in 1 on 1 coverage you can expose him and the Rams did that a couple of times for big plays - including the deep bomb to Jackson. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the Seahags were 7-0 when they wore those retina burning colors.

I like how Lockett bailed on G-No when he threw that last pick....there was barely any contact.

Maybe Lockett was looking for a PI call and pulled a soccer move.

G- No walked over to him on the bench and they had words and G-No did not look too happy as he walked away.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I think the Seahags were 7-0 when they wore those retina burning colors.

I like how Lockett bailed on G-No when he threw that last pick....there was barely any contact.

Maybe Lockett was looking for a PI call and pulled a soccer move.

G- No walked over to him on the bench and they had words and G-No did not look too happy as he walked away.

What stood out to me was that Lockett is seriously losing his hair! How old is that guy? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.