Raiders vs Chargers MNF Game thread

Just now, Mango said:

I haven’t watched any of the Chargers this year, but Herbert is basically a carbon copy of Allen. 

herbert is better at throwing the 50/50 balls. back shoulder fades - but he has big bodied targets

i think allen is better at making his line look competant, better runner, and better pure arm talent (makes throws from all kinds of platforms)

its close tho

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Okay so again I see a great QB overthrow a wide open receiver on a deep ball.  Why is it when Allen does it some folks melt down and call it a big problem?  Those are low percentage plays under the best of circumstances.  Very few QB's, even among the best of them.can have Russel Wilson's deep ball placement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, balln said:

herbert is better at throwing the 50/50 balls. back shoulder fades - but he has big bodied targets

i think allen is better at making his line look competant, better runner, and better pure arm talent (makes throws from all kinds of platforms)

its close tho

I think Allen is definitely a better runner. I was just talking about as a passer. I agree with you, there are some things they do different. I think largely Herbert came in more polished. And might still be in some ways. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Okay so again I see a great QB overthrow a wide open receiver on a deep ball.  Why is it when Allen does it some folks melt down and call it a big problem?  Those are low percentage plays under the best of circumstances.  Very few QB's, even among the best of them.can have Russel Wilson's deep ball placement.

Shhhh.  You'll wake up Scott.

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, balln said:

its close tho

Allen has more escapability, more ability to make plays out of structure.

You see this when you compare their rushing numbers. Despite Herbert running a 4.68 and Allen running a 4.75, Allen is more dependable.

But Herbert is a more efficient QB, probably a bit more naturally accurate. More of a consistent, mechanical delivery.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You said it!! An occasional overthrow too

He most definitely has a tough time controlling his velocity and trajectory. He’s at times a little late to the read. 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You said it!! An occasional overthrow too

This is their biggest difference in skill set. 

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

i must be a homer i think Allen is better than Herbert, Herbert real good tho but JA next level baby

All three seem really good. Though I will say with Josh sometimes he does things that just seem broken, like they shouldn't be allowed in fair play. I'm sure the others have those moments too I just don't really notice them as much.

• Agree 1