Zero's Chiefs VS Bills breakdown

Zerovoltz

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Indeed.  It is notable that while the Bills only punted once today, they had a TOD, a pick, and FG from 33, 26, 23, and 21 yds.  While those are all "outside the red zone", they show that the Bills are still allowing long drives to stall out, and whatever the problem is, that's got to be corrected and fast.  We should have had at least 8 more points today

and yes, I'm greedy.

Hapless...KC has been absolutely dreadful as a red zone D (they are dreadful no matter where on the field)  ...but if KC holds your drives to FG's a couple times...that will be bad...and vice versa...if you hold KC to field goals...all the better for you all.

To those of you recalling the Chiefs DB's being a hard problem to solve last year.....take my word for it....it's very different this year.  No Bashaud Breeland, who was a perfect fit in the Spagnuollo system...Charvarious Ward is the other starting Corner.....he's been hurt and didn't play today...Honey Badger has lost a step.  Dan Sorenson was slow last year...he still is and still can't cover well or tackle half the time.  Sneed still on the team and was great as a rookie...he's still playing OK, but right now, as the soccer guys say...he's not in top form at the momment.  The tother DB's are first round washouts from other teams and they are showing so far why they washed out.  this is NOT the same secondary you saw before....not close...they play a ton of soft zone now too instead of man.  

I am freaking terrified the Bills can and will throw a 50 up on the scoreboard.  IT's that bad here.  Mahomes will have to be perfect and put up 51 to win...that's where this team is.  

This is going to be a different kind of season in KC...unlike the last 3....we aren't getting the 1 seed.  We are going to lose some games where we just can't score enough....the idea is to just get to the playoffs, hopefully getting hot and healthy at the right time and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Appreciate the insight and agree with pretty much all points. KC Defense isn't very good, and I feel like they've lost a small step on offense. Which doesn't make a ton of sense to me so it's probably just wishful thinking - they only really lost Watkins and have always went with Hill/Kelce and a random supporting cast. It just feels like the supporting cast is more beatable this year and their stars are more isolated? Again wishful thinking as Hill proved once again today what he's capable of, and if it isn't him it's Kelce. But hey if you can take away those two? The running game hasn't really shown up yet.

Gonna be a dogfight. I'm taking next Monday off.

27 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I appreciate the insight but I don't believe for one second you think the Chiefs are losing.  You'll be here next Monday saying geez my team is more dominant than I thought.

Doc....I'd LOVE to be here right now telling you how this was going KC's way...like I was in here doing prior to the AFCCG....

Of course I want KC to win...I want the D to look better than it has and the O to put up 40 etc...and then come in here and say...I was right.

I called the AFCCG like I saw it.  I thought KC was a little better, and I laid it out there why I thought so.  I am calling this like I see it.  The Bills have the better team.  The Chiefs defense is really bad.  That doesn't mean KC can't win....when you have the QB, it is possible to win games where your team isn't that good.  I watched John Elway do that to many many very good Chiefs "teams" over the years.  If KC does win...I'll be here...but it won't be to gloat...this isn't the kind of KC team to be bragging on...and if they lose I'll be here too...to congratulate you all and hopeful to see you again in the playoffs.

On a side note....do take a look on Trey Smith...who I've bragged on since training camp...he's looking really good.  So there is that.

• Like (+1) 3

Ya I think the Bills defense is just on another level, especially compared to KC.

I have their D in a high end fantasy league so been paying attention. 

Compared to what the Cowboys D did to Philly, KCs looked very bad. 

I still forsee a slugfest

But

I think the Bills rush game is the X factor.

Allen, Motor and Moss have been phenomenal on the ground for the 3rd straight week.

50 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I appreciate the insight but I don't believe for one second you think the Chiefs are losing.  You'll be here next Monday saying geez my team is more dominant than I thought.

I am kind of with Doc on this one.. Seriously as a bills fan with a great QB I would never think that we are going to loose. I would be optimistic and positive for my team saying "we took them twice last year, we can take them again" KC is a dangerous team and If were my team I would not be going on my opponents board acting all doom and gloom.  This almost has a troll feel to it.

Just saying.

My question is why does KC feel the need to play Chris Jones at DE full-time. Is it because Frank Clark has missed time. Seems like what makes Chris Jones special is his quickness/power combo vs guards and centers. Also is the plan to keep him at DE for the rest of season.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

My question is why does KC feel the need to play Chris Jones at DE full-time. Is it because Frank Clark has missed time. Seems like what makes Chris Jones special is his quickness/power combo vs guards and centers. Also is the plan to keep him at DE for the rest of season.

Agree. He is a 3 tech, not a defensive end. Can you move him about the line sometimes to create mismatches? Sure, but using him predominantly on the edge is just putting one of your best players out of position by choice. Bad move IMO. 

As for this game it would be a huge get for the Bills. To go two games up on KC and with the H2H..... look at the rest of our schedule and tell me where they are making that ground (basically a 3 game lead) back? It would effectively knock them out of the #1 seed discussion in week 5. This was always a big game, but with the way it now sets up it is a massive game. It is a must win for Kansas City, and while it isn't a must win for Buffalo the reward for winning is huge. It almost feels like a playoff game.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Doc....I'd LOVE to be here right now telling you how this was going KC's way...like I was in here doing prior to the AFCCG....

Of course I want KC to win...I want the D to look better than it has and the O to put up 40 etc...and then come in here and say...I was right.

I called the AFCCG like I saw it.  I thought KC was a little better, and I laid it out there why I thought so.  I am calling this like I see it.  The Bills have the better team.  The Chiefs defense is really bad.  That doesn't mean KC can't win....when you have the QB, it is possible to win games where your team isn't that good.  I watched John Elway do that to many many very good Chiefs "teams" over the years.  If KC does win...I'll be here...but it won't be to gloat...this isn't the kind of KC team to be bragging on...and if they lose I'll be here too...to congratulate you all and hopeful to see you again in the playoffs.

On a side note....do take a look on Trey Smith...who I've bragged on since training camp...he's looking really good.  So there is that.

That's just my gut feeling as I don't think my team would ever lose if I had Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill firing at all cylinders.  Here's some other factors to consider....

-Steve Spagnola has Josh Allen and the Bills offense number thus far.  Combine that with a home primetime game with our offense in a hostile environment and your defense will be better.  They have a chip on their shoulder and may be getting some starters back this week from injury.

-Your offensive line continues to improve each week and CEH is heating up.

-The Chiefs tend to play to the level of their competition and I fully expect their A game like last year's AFC Championship game.

-Milano is probably out and Mahomes should be able to feast with Kelce in the middle and/or gash us with the running game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's just my gut feeling as I don't think my team would ever lose if I had Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill firing at all cylinders.  Here's some other factors to consider....

-Steve Spagnola has Josh Allen and the Bills offense number thus far.  Combine that with a home primetime game with our offense in a hostile environment and your defense will be better.  They have a chip on their shoulder and may be getting some starters back this week from injury.

-The Chiefs tend to play to the level of their competition and I fully expect their A game like last year's AFC Championship game.

-Milano is probably out and Mahomes should be able to feast with Kelce in the middle and/or gash us with the running game.

I wish I was this optimistic about my own team!

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. He is a 3 tech, not a defensive end. Can you move him about the line sometimes to create mismatches? Sure, but using him predominantly on the edge is just putting one of your best players out of position by choice. Bad move IMO. 

As for this game it would be a huge get for the Bills. To go two games up on KC and with the H2H..... look at the rest of our schedule and tell me where they are making that ground (basically a 3 game lead) back? It would effectively knock them out of the #1 seed discussion in week 5. This was always a big game, but with the way it now sets up it is a massive game. It is a must win for Kansas City, and while it isn't a must win for Buffalo the reward for winning is huge. It almost feels like a playoff game.

Totally agree on your points as well.

58 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I forgot where I heard it might have been PFF but it made sense. They said in order to beat the chiefs you have to be able to run the ball because Steve Spagnola calls a lot of coverages that can confuse even the best QB's so by being able to run the ball you limit the amount of times you have to face those exotic coverages. Im paraphrasing but that was the main point and I agree. 

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am kind of with Doc on this one.. Seriously as a bills fan with a great QB I would never think that we are going to loose. I would be optimistic and positive for my team saying "we took them twice last year, we can take them again" KC is a dangerous team and If were my team I would not be going on my opponents board acting all doom and gloom.  This almost has a troll feel to it.

Just saying.

Your take on the OP says more about your worldview than the OP. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Just saying.

Of course he is trolling…he is just very subtle about it.

He will say otherwise, but who goes on another teams boards to do anything but troll.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

it’s an old cliche but this is really a must win game for the Bills. I say this not because losing will keep them out of the playoffs. Instead, it’s a psychology thing. The Bills need to lift the monster off their backs. KC is clearly the monster for the Bills in the AFC.  If the Bills lose and then see KC again in the offseason the Bills will have their heads a little off. Go Bills - this is a winnable game.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Indeed.  It is notable that while the Bills only punted once today, they had a TOD, a pick, and FG from 33, 26, 23, and 21 yds.  While those are all "outside the red zone", they show that the Bills are still allowing long drives to stall out, and whatever the problem is, that's got to be corrected and fast.  We should have had at least 8 more points today

and yes, I'm greedy.

Actually, on all 4 FG, the ball was snapped from inside the red zone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.