10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs. Texans Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, eball said:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait…didn’t McD and Beane force Ford into the lineup today because he’s a 2nd round pick?  Paging @ScottLaw…cleanup on aisle 6.

You’re naive if you think McDermott will sit Ford because he was a 2nd round pick.  Never will happen….not even for one game.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You’re naive if you think McDermott will sit Ford because he was a 2nd round pick.  Never will happen.

he played/forced him as a tackle for so long it was obvious wasnt working. then he moved into guard. and i think injuries prolonged the definitive answer on how good he was.

i think today was HUGE that they benched him. beginning of the end for him finally

1 minute ago, balln said:

he played/forced him as a tackle for so long it was obvious wasnt working. then he moved into guard. and i think injuries prolonged the definitive answer on how good he was.

i think today was HUGE that they benched him. beginning of the end for him finally

They’ll trade him for late pick and he’ll become the next Wyatt Teller.  Sorry, I’ll see myself out😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

They’ll trade him for late pick and he’ll become the next Wyatt Teller.  Sorry, I’ll see myself out😜

I wish they had given Teller as much of a chance to develop as they gave Ford.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Today wasn’t huge anything.  McD has always played the players who earn it during the week.  Just because YOU don’t see what goes on during the week doesn’t mean you know jack schitttt.  Ford struggled mightily last week.  They made a change.  It’s nothing out of the ordinary and nothing we shouldn’t expect.

I’m pretty sick and tired of the armchair know-it-alls who really know NOTHING about what happens each week and base all of their opinions on the 3 hours they spend drooling in front of the TV each Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

*Looks at KC putting up 40 points as well vs the Eagles*

We are about to find out

I fully expect the Bills to come out of KC with a win. Yes, KC's offense is marginally better than ours (maybe).

Our defense is LIGHT YEARS ahead of theirs. We may score 50 on their defense.

Just now, CLTbills said:

I fully expect the Bills to come out of KC with a win. Yes, KC's offense is marginally better than ours (maybe).

Our defense is LIGHT YEARS ahead of theirs. We may score 50 on their defense.

I just hope the coaching staff doesn't over think this game. I feel like the 1st cheifs game last year, they way over thought the game plan, and in the afc championship game, I'm not exactly sure what there plan was. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I just hope the coaching staff doesn't over think this game. I feel like the 1st cheifs game last year, they way over thought the game plan, and in the afc championship game, I'm not exactly sure what there plan was. 

Yeah, for sure. Don't go in there and play scared. I truly think we are the favorite going in. I'm not "scared" like I was in years past going against them. I truly feel like right now, the Bills are the best team in the AFC hands down. 

We will know for sure one week from now.

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

True... just like the defense.

But having Spencer at RT and moving Williams inside looked better than what we have been seeing to date from other combinations.

Pretty sure Bean will find some more talent to plug in over the offseason, but you have to dance with the one you brought.

...and I liked what I saw with guys stepping in and stepping up.

Also can upgrade via FA, I'd expect top FA have buffalo high on their list of where they'd sign if they are after a ring above anything.  That's the reason why I'm glad beane has a quality staff of talent evaluators.  They get the right players with the right mindsets to fit right in.  Not all pan out but they seem to move on from players at right time as well as stick with those that just needed a lil more time to develop as in Knox.  Dunno if Cody Ford will get better but I do trust the coaches to know whether he needs to be replaced once they feel he's reached his ceiling and how it measures up to what they need at his position.