10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs. Texans Postgame Thread

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i hear what you are saying, but when I saw that play, I thought it was smart. Rodgers is a 38-year old QB. He tries to Be very cautious now with the hits and using his legs.  I think 10 Years ago, it would probably be a different story. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

The guy’s pushing 40, and he’s broken his collarbone twice like that. Dude knows they have a playoff team if he’s healthy…. No need to risk a super bowl run for an out of conference game that won’t influence playoff standing much when you’re in a division with the Bears, Lions, and Vikings. Particularly when you’re up two scores against a pigeon armed QB that’s turned the ball over twice. 

We’d all be livid as heck right now if Allen had suffered a season ending injury against an NFC opponent running for a first down while up two scores. Additionally, when J Allen is 38 would you rather have him playing like Rodgers & Brady…. or Roethlisberger? All those hits and tough man play adds up over the years. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I get it.  What maybe amazed me the most about that play was Rodgers wasn't known for taking the slide, but as you said, he's getting up there.  Plus while he always did run around alot (both on and off the football field), he was never a really big strong built guy like Allen or even Cam.

• Agree 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah I get it.  What maybe amazed me the most about that play was Rodgers wasn't known for taking the slide, but as you said, he's getting up there.  Plus while he always did run around alot (both on and off the football field), he was never a really big strong built guy like Allen or even Cam.

Plus he got to see what old man Favre looked like on Monday mornings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The afterglow:

1.  Glad I went to the game last weekend, weatherwise.

2. Get the feeling these last two weeks were a KC tune-up.  Working on running the ball.

3. Singletary had a monster run called back on holding on Williams.  He and Moss had great days.

4. I can't remember a game, to include this year's Miami game, where the DL was so utterly dominant. Play after play after play.

5. Nice to see Lewis, Johnson and Klein fill in and requite themselves admirably.

6. Allen threw some pretty, deep balls yesterday in miserable conditions.

7. Knox got game.

8. Loved seeing the stadium packed and loud on a sus weather day.

9. Allen made one pass yesterday to Samuels (I think) that was unbelievable.  His pocket collapsed.  He back pedaled and threw what looked like a sidearm on one foot and feathered a 20 yard completion to Samuels near the goal line.

10.  It was interesting to listen to the CBS crew call the game. They were definitely more fan boy than professional announcers.  They were all in on Allen and the Bills defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I couldnt prep for or watch yesterday's game, so can someone help me here? What is up with Gabriel Davis? 43% of snap count, 1 target, 0 receptions? If he is hurt, he shouldnt have played so much. If he is not hurt, why the lack of targets?

I’ve been wondering the same thing and I believe he may not be 100%. I think he has missed a game already but it’s like he’s not even playing. The other thing it could be is Sanders is getting targeted a lot so between he, Diggs ,Beasley, Knox and emergence of the running game there might not be enough balls to go around. 

Edited by Iverwig

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I work for a company that is owned by Canadians.  They come down here all the time and all say Tim Hortons taste like cat piss when I ask them why they got coffee somewhere else.  Yes, I know Tim Hortons started in Canada.

Can confirm: actual Canadians get their coffee at McD’s, one of them was telling me the story of how they bought out Tim’s coffee contract/supplier or something, so the original Tim’s coffee is now at the McD franchises in Canada.

Note: No, not Sean’s house. The other McD.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing and I believe he may not be 100%. I think he has missed a game already but it’s like he’s not even playing. The other thing it could be is Sanders is getting targeted a lot so between he, Diggs ,Beasley, Knox and emergence of the running game there might not be enough balls to go around. 

The narrative going into the season (which i didnt agree with) was that Davis would compete with Sanders for the medium targets and push Sanders down on the depth chart. Given Sanders' smarts, ability to get open and have sure hands, imo, he has a different role in this offense which he is performing fantastically. 

Yet, Davis is extremely good at contested and tip toe catches so I am partly curious and partly concerned about him not being a larger part of the offense. So far this season, he has been virtually non existent. If the injury is bothering him, he shouldnt be getting 43% of the snap count. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Not a good sign for Jeff Driskel

I think Driskel was an emergency signing when Taylor was put on the IR.  As I think about it, probably the Texans just haven't bothered to update their depth chart.  I wouldn't be surprised if when Taylor comes back, Driskel either heads to the PS or is cut outright.

Edited by BigAl2526

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They ran the ball for 200 yards. It only showed 199 because of Trubisky’s kneel downs. I would rather have this balanced version of the offense than josh throwing for 450. Defenses now have to account for Josh’s arm, Josh’s legs, the running game, the WRs, and a legit TE. And now that Spencer brown is starting, he’s a 6’8 red zone threat In the passing game 

If Spencer Brown solidifies his role on the OL, as a rookie 3rd round pick, hats off to McBeane. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If Spencer Brown solidifies his role on the OL, as a rookie 3rd round pick, hats off to McBeane. 

Would be real nice if he pans out. Have both Tackle spots locked up with young players. Move the focus to Center and Guard next offseason. Shore up the OL for a long time.

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Love the hat Post Game!  (represent the state of Wyoming)

Allen Hat.JPG

It's nice how that lines up.

Also saw a news clip that Bills fans were interested in the hoodie so his High School is probably going to sell out of them as soon as they start selling them this year.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Wacka said:

As long as the Bills don't record a video of the Super Bowl Shuffle II.

Don't you mean Tubisky's kneel downs?

The Super Bowl shuffle. Ahh, the memories. You are right, though. PLEASE NO!!