Coming for Colts Game - Need Help with Hotel Recommendations

cbatl32

Hey everyone, taking my fiance to her first Bills game.  Coming in from Atlanta for the Colts game.  Anyone have any good hotel recommendations for us?

Also, I have our tickets, but what's the best thing to do for parking on game day?  Do I need to buy anything ahead of time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, cbatl32 said:

Hey everyone, taking my fiance to her first Bills game.  Coming in from Atlanta for the Colts game.  Anyone have any good hotel recommendations for us?

Also, I have our tickets, but what's the best thing to do for parking on game day?  Do I need to buy anything ahead of time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Better do it right. No pressure.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Hotel Henry on Elmwood Avenue, is a bit removed from the Stadium. (25-45 minutes away) if you want to see a slice of Buffalo, that is where I would stay, since there is a lot going on within walking distance.

The historic Roycroft Inn, in East Aurora, would be another good choice, and would be within walking distance (10 min.) of Bar Bill. (best wings) The Stadium is very close to E. Aurora. (10-15 min.)

Wherever you decide to stay, book your hotel reservation, NOW. It is tougher to find a room, the closer that you get, to game day.

For parking, the private lots are your best bet, and will usually be cheaper. It's 40 bucks to park in the Stadium lots, and not worth it, in my opinion. There are a few side streets on Abbott Rd., as you enter from Rt. 20a, (If you are coming from East Aurora) and you'll find private parking, that is very, very  close to the stadium.

Hotel Henry is closed unfortunately.   Someone bought it but hasn’t reopened it as of present time.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Hotel Henry on Elmwood Avenue, is a bit removed from the Stadium. (25-45 minutes away) if you want to see a slice of Buffalo, that is where I would stay, since there is a lot going on within walking distance.

The historic Roycroft Inn, in East Aurora, would be another good choice, and would be within walking distance (10 min.) of Bar Bill. (best wings) The Stadium is very close to E. Aurora. (10-15 min.)

Wherever you decide to stay, book your hotel reservation, NOW. It is tougher to find a room, the closer that you get, to game day.

For parking, the private lots are your best bet, and will usually be cheaper. It's 40 bucks to park in the Stadium lots, and not worth it, in my opinion. There are a few side streets on Abbott Rd., as you enter from Rt. 20a, (If you are coming from East Aurora) and you'll find private parking, that is very, very  close to the stadium.

I thought the Hotel Henry closed up in March due to Pandemic issues and revenue.  Would be cool if it stayed open was a funky place for sure 

20 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I thought the Hotel Henry closed up in March due to Pandemic issues and revenue.  Would be cool if it stayed open was a funky place for sure 

Staying there on Halloween for the dolphins game could be interesting….

14 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

The King Edward Hotel in Fort Erie is pretty good. About a half hour drive to the stadium. 😁

Did you really just recommend a Canadian hotel?

Have you been paying no attention to current events over the past 1 1/2 years?

Interesting recommendations so far, I'm not surprised...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, eee1776 said:

I always stay at the Buffalo Airport inn.(Formaly the Holiday INN.  Really Great rates, clean room and Resturant and bar attached. Great food also nearby eg. Buffalo brew pub.

Lol.  Thats a shabby low end hotel.   Not the place you would bring your fiance to for their first  Buffalo football experience

• Agree 3

I would recommend an AirBnB. You can get a whole house to yourself, and you can cook a nice meal for your fiancee after the Bills victory. She may want to drive down to City Hall Monday morning and not want to wait. All depends on what you cook for her. Pro tip: Stay away from grilled cheese sandwiches. 

But seriously, look into an AirBnb. 

The price for hotels is through the roof right now. I can tell you where not to go, the Red Roof Inn in Hamburg. I didn’t want to pay over 300 for a hotel room so I booked this place for “cheap” last Saturday (was still almost 200 bucks). This place is ghetto as *****. The room smelled like stale cigarettes, hair in the shower, walls were super thin so I could hear everything going on in the next room, etc. First time I’ve left a bad review for a hotel in my life 

2 hours ago, stosh64 said:

You've obviously never been there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You've obviously never been there. 

Are people even allowed to cross the border yet?

That was my point Sherlock.

Involving border crossings may not make for the best game day experience this Sun...

15 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Are people even allowed to cross the border yet?

That was my point Sherlock.

Involving border crossings may not make for the best game day experience this Sun...

Sherlock?  Maybe if you knew what you were talking about, you'd see the humor - hence, the OPs laughing emoji.

For those of a certain age , it was a popular strip joint in Fort Erie. I put a few strippers through college I think.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Sherlock?  Maybe if you knew what you were talking about, you'd see the humor - hence, the OPs laughing emoji.

For those of a certain age , it was a popular strip joint in Fort Erie. I put a few strippers through college I think.

I didn’t get it either. But now that you’ve mentioned a strip club, did McCoy and his friends ever get into a fight with off duty O.P.P.s there?

Edited by chris heff

Spend the xtra piastre and upgrade to the king jacuzzi suite.... It worked for @Gugny. 😏 

But... Anyway,  I'd still heed the Mann Act if strolling over interstate border! A king jacuzzi is the epitome of "debauchery"... 😏 

4 hours ago, stosh64 said:

The border I thought was open for vaxxed Americans.  ??

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The border I thought was open for vaxxed Americans.  ??

Sure is. I've been twice in September. The only issue is getting a Covid Test from Walgreens where I don't have to pay upwards of $150 and hope insurance reimburses me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You still need a test even being vaxxed?

Yep. You have to jump through a few hoops. 

1 - Need a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours before entry. Has to be a Rapid test only. 

2 - Have to register on the ArriveCAN app. That includes an address where you would be quarantining if needed, although you say you have no where to quarantine. An address is still required. I have used restaurant addresses both times I've entered.

3 - Although you take a picture of your vaccination card, you still need it at the border, because according to some border patrol agents, "cards can be forged". One time the border officer saw the picture and had no issues. The other time the officer wanted to see the actual card. My wife and I presented our Excelsior Pass, and to him that wasn't good enough. Needed the actual card. 

4 - Even with all this, you still may be pulled over on a random basis for another Covid test. That hasn't happened to me thus far but the possibility exists. 

I wonder what the border officer will say when I go in the next couple of weeks and my destination will be the Duty Free for Alexander Keiths...

• Shocked 1

I'm making the leap if you're taking you're fian'ce it is a fun, and kinda romantic weekend, not a drink fest.  You're best off downtown at one of the nicer places as you can find nice places to eat.  You'll eat enough pizza, mighties, and so on game day.

Have fun with you're special girl.  she'll see what great people are like from Buffalo.  Live away from there for years, and you really appreciate Buffalo people.

35 minutes ago, cbatl32 said:

Thank you all!  I ultimately decided on an AirBnB in the Columbus district downtown. It says that a bunch of restaurants and bars are within walking distance.  Great reviews. 

If you were going to go the AirBnB route I would have voted Elmwood. Really cute and walkable. Your gf probably would have loved it.

8 hours ago, cbatl32 said:

Thank you all!  I ultimately decided on an AirBnB in the Columbus district downtown. It says that a bunch of restaurants and bars are within walking distance.  Great reviews. 

I’ve lived in Buffalo my entire life and have never heard of a Columbus district. 

Edited by BTB

I like the Hampton Inn on Main Street in Williamsville.  great neighborhood, plenty of parking. and walking distance to great restaurants and a fantastic brewery.  

Hampton Inns are part of the Hilton chain and they now have a double Hilton Points promotion. You can even spend $20 or so more per night and get triple points. It sounds flimsy but this summer I got 4 free nights in North Carolina using Hilton Points.

• Like (+1) 1