Texans vs Bills Thread - Realism abounds

foreboding

You are correct OP. I live now in Houston and I can tell you the city went from rabid Texans fans selling out every game to them having to offer specials to get people in the stadium.  The overall feeling on the Texans and its owner and organization is one of disgust and distrust.  The level of apathy here, imo, especially for the ownership,  is 10x worse than it ever was for ralph Wilson.  That transition took about 1 1/2years.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You are correct OP. I live now in Houston and I can tell you the city went from rabid Texans fans selling out every game to them having to offer specials to get people in the stadium.  The overall feeling on the Texans and its owner and organization is one of disgust and distrust.  The level of apathy here, imo, especially for the ownership,  is 10x worse than it ever was for ralph Wilson.  That transition took about 1 1/2years.

To be fair to Houston, there were a ton of naive Bills fans in the fanbase during the Drought Era.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

They fully deserve the misery.  We've seen some dysfunctional mis-management of our local teams over the last 60 years, but the disintegration of that organization over the last two years is amazing.  

Yeah I agree. It's like they are going through a rebuild when they didn't really have to. 

• Agree 3

Must be tough for Houston fans knowing they have a couple absolute nut jobs running the franchise and it’s a bad situation when the coaches and players have to circle the wagons against that. Initially, I think that can galvanize a team but it wears real thin real quickly. 

If it's any comfort to embarrassed Texans fans, I don't think the Bills will cover the spread.  I think they could do so, easily, but why keep starters in just to run up the score?  I think the Bills will be ahead 21-7 or so at halftime, with the lead growing in the third quarter, and in the fourth quarter Trubisky and a parade of backups will be on the field getting some game experience and letting the starters stay ready for KC.  When that happens, the Texans will come back, a little, and the score differential will shrink.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

Thought you guys might enjoy reading through this, posted here for convenience.
Our dumpster years, we were just good enough to think we had a chance. Texans fans, for the most part, are not the least bit delusional.

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/week-4-at-buffalo.116211/

Not too realistic.  If it was being more realistic they would be talking about NFL taking away team to mismanagement (forcing owner to sell) and moving somewhere else.  I hear Austin has no interest but San Antonio might.

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If it's any comfort to embarrassed Texans fans, I don't think the Bills will cover the spread.  I think they could do so, easily, but why keep starters in just to run up the score?  I think the Bills will be ahead 21-7 or so at halftime, with the lead growing in the third quarter, and in the fourth quarter Trubisky and a parade of backups will be on the field getting some game experience and letting the starters stay ready for KC.  When that happens, the Texans will come back, a little, and the score differential will shrink.  

Hopefully the 2nd string will be in game 2nd half not 4th quarter.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Not too realistic.  If it was being more realistic they would be talking about NFL taking away team to mismanagement (forcing owner to sell) and moving somewhere else.  I hear Austin has no interest but San Antonio might.

Hopefully the 2nd string will be in game 2nd half not 4th quarter.

on that note, I thought McDermott waited too long to pull Allen against the Skins.

• Agree 1

The Bills last season had a penchant for playing down to the level of the teams they were "supposed" to beat.

I am with McD on his comments about having the right mindset or you get your asses kicked.

Belicheat's stock is down right now, but he always talked up opposing teams even when the fanbases knew they were going to get torched again.

He was fighting the complacency that comes with success on the field.

If the Bills play responsibly, tough, and play the game with a take care of business approach there is no reason we lose against this team or fail to cover the spread.

That being said, my gut feel is that we jump out to an early comfy lead, find some bone-headed ways to give up a few scores, or the zebras start guarding the spread to keep things close (my paranoia kicking in), then we light it up to coast to a win.