Old and Fast - Sanders

foreboding

4 minutes ago, Cash said:

Did I miss it, or did the post not say who was #1 to Sanders' #2?  That's very upsetting to bring that up without telling us who won.  My guess is either McKenzie or Micah Hyde.

Stevenson probably.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Stevenson probably.

Is he back practicing already?  I thought about him, but discounted him b/c I didn't think he was practicing yet.

Not sure what the temp rules are this year - does that mean we have to activate him in the next couple weeks?  I know IR return used to have like a 3-week window to practice before either activating or shutting down for the year.

23 minutes ago, Cash said:

Did I miss it, or did the post not say who was #1 to Sanders' #2?  That's very upsetting to bring that up without telling us who won.  My guess is either McKenzie or Micah Hyde.

Davis Webb

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Cash said:

Is he back practicing already?  I thought about him, but discounted him b/c I didn't think he was practicing yet.

Not sure what the temp rules are this year - does that mean we have to activate him in the next couple weeks?  I know IR return used to have like a 3-week window to practice before either activating or shutting down for the year.

Maybe not.

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I did and was thrilled he signed with the Bills… if you watched him just the last two years he was arguably the 49ers best receiver in their Super Bowl run two years ago and he was the Saints best receiver last year.

He has very few holes in his game even at 34 and I know John Brown was a fan favorite but man Sanders is just a way better overall football player. 

John Brown is great if Bills need a practice player.  Availability is one of the important stats and he does not have it.

It would be great to have someone like that they could escalate for a game or two.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dubenion/Bass/Rutkowski, Lofton/Reed/Beebe & JD Hill/Amhad Rashad/BobbyChandler#81 all say ‘Hi!’ in unison.

Rutkowski?  You been drinking again?  Beebe was fast, but nowhere near what is on the roster now, IMO.  Hill, Rashad and Chandler were all legit though, I'll give you that.

Sanders is the definition of a consummate pro. He's done and seen it all in this league. He knows how to set up DBs and make himself available for his QB. I figured it would take a couple games for him and Allen to find their chemistry. Now that they have it I expect this offense to be even better than they were last year.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Sanders can take the top off the defense and  work the slot.  That's something we didn't have with John Brown.  Sanders can run the entire route tree just like Diggs. He's another versatile weapon Daboll can put on the field to make defenses sweat.  He is going to feast all year against team's #2 CB.

Another great signing from Beane.

Exactly.  A big upgrade from J Brown and more durable.  We gots loads of options this season.