Old and Fast - Sanders

foreboding

On 9/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hey I’m 33 and fast too!

Game day fast. Or run like hell from the police fast?
Both are viable traits btw

Sanders last week was Josh bringing him into the fold with passes.
Now we fans know. Sanders is all of that. and yes
This is the most complete Receivers room we have had in decades

and ONE of the best QBs chucking the ball, etc
not bad folks . Not bad at all.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:39 PM, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Only 88 speed rating in Madden 

oh well.

i suppose we are still doomed then.
 But we already saw Sanders find his way over the top in man coverage.

Could Madden be wrong ??

On 9/30/2021 at 7:16 AM, foreboding said:

Great article.
Last week in practice Emmanuel Sanders was the second fastest player on the team, at 34!
I doubt any of us thought we would see such an early season breakout from Sanders. I think we have our James Lofton and it's looking good!

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/36408/the-old-mans-still-got-it-bills-have-put-emmanuel-sanders-surprising-speed-to-use

Great thought, bro, about him being a Lofton for us.

I was talking to a buddy of mine today that’s a Broncos fan. He told me that he really liked Sanders a lot when he was on his team.

I really like Sanders a lot as well. I hope we can keep him for a year or two more.

Edited by BillsFan619

On 9/30/2021 at 6:24 PM, The Dean said:

Rutkowski?  You been drinking again?  Beebe was fast, but nowhere near what is on the roster now, IMO.  Hill, Rashad and Chandler were all legit though, I'll give you that.

Beebe ran a 4.3 40. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, ToBillsFan said:

If you really think about it 34 is considered older for professional sports but generally outside of sports a 34 year old is a spring chicken. It’s not shocking that someone who takes care of their body and trains well can still play at a high level into their 30’s. He’s also very driven as he knows he’s on his last year(s) so he’s giving it all he’s got.

Sure, but I think most people would say they were a lot more active and better at sports and physical things when they were in their 20's vs their 30's. I know I was.

Part of it is just lifestyle. I was a lot more active then and had a more active job. Once I got a desk job I went downhill and was a lot less active. And I had kids so I was not as free to just leave and go play sports with friends or even work out as much.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Beebe ran a 4.3 40. 

People have some recency bias. Beebe is one of the fastest in NFL history.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Beebe ran a 4.3 40. 

Yes, as I said, he was fast. But he wasn't the quality of WR that is on the team now, for the most part. IMO of course.

• Agree 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:29 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Dubenion/Bass/Rutkowski, Lofton/Reed/Beebe & JD Hill/Amhad Rashad/BobbyChandler#81 all say ‘Hi!’ in unison.

Butler/Lewis/Cribbs* would like to send drinks to your table.  * for Cribbs as he was not technically a WR (even if he was most dangerous of the trio).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/30/2021 at 2:30 PM, billsfan89 said:

Sanders thus far has been what John Brown was last year when healthy. Hopefully Sanders unlike Brown will stay healthy and continue to provide that speed and field stretching ability that complements Diggs as the number one and Beasley as the slot machine. 

Brwon is healthy and out of the NFL.

Sanders is and always was a far better receiver than Brown.  

Sanders has been quite the revelation and unlike John Brown he also brings a wealth of playoff and championship experience to the lockerroom.

I'm sure we can probably get him back next year as well assuming he's still productive and wants to be here again at a reasonable cost.