Long but excellent Cover 1 tape breakdown of WFT game

CorkScrewHill

30 minutes ago, Beach said:

has Sanders always been known as "Manny Sans"?

No anthony has been trying to make it happen all offseason.  I'm on board as a way to make him part of our team and not just a journey man.  (think its sands but it sorta fades at the end.)

12 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Other than Allen’s performance, one main thing I take away from these all-22 breakdowns that Cover 1 shows is that Cody Ford really struggled last Sunday.

12 pressures is a lot.  Allen had elite pocket mobility this week which prevented sacks.  Allen was hitting off platform throws like last year too.

i recalled the pass rush not hurting us last sunday, and the dc fan board someone linked to on here just had them belly aching the whole time that their d line wasn't showing up.  these all 22 breakdowns showed that our o line is really not that good, certainly not up to the task of stonewalling DCs front 4, and that allen pulled a josh allen and strapped the team on the back and rode to W town.

These all 22 tapes point out something that is a key part of Allen's game but something that is not commented on very often, namely, Allen's uncanny ability to move around the pocket.   He has the ability to sense pocket pressure, shift around the pocket while still looking down field, and find the open receiver.  Those two or three shuffle steps he takes negates the opposing pass rush and bails out the O-linemen who get beat at the line of scrimmage.

Allen seems to have a sixth sense and manages to just barely get out of the way to avoid the sack.  It's like the Coyote trying to catch the Roadrunner.  In the last game they showed Chase Young on the sidelines going off after almost sacking Allen..... again.  It's crazy the number of times Allen almost gets sacked in a game.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

These all 22 tapes point out something that is a key part of Allen's game but something that is not commented on very often, namely, Allen's uncanny ability to move around the pocket.   He has the ability to sense pocket pressure, shift around the pocket while still looking down field, and find the open receiver.  Those two or three shuffle steps he takes negates the opposing pass rush and bails out the O-linemen who get beat at the line of scrimmage.

Allen seems to have a sixth sense and manages to just barely get out of the way to avoid the sack.  It's like the Coyote trying to catch the Roadrunner.  In the last game they showed Chase Young on the sidelines going off after almost sacking Allen..... again.  It's crazy the number of times Allen almost gets sacked in a game.

At this point in time is there a QB in the league that does that little 2 step shoulder dip out of pressure better than Allen? My god its pretty.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Cody Ford's NFL career is on life support.  He is FAILING.

Yep. The film is not kind to him at all. Granted, in two of the three games this year, he’s gone up against some very talented DTs, but he’s a liability. Truth be told, I don’t have a ton of faith in Feliciano, either. Josh really compensates for their shortcomings and makes them look better than they are. 

• Like (+1) 3

Other than Allen, my takeaway is that Sanders is a lot better than some people on here have given him credit for. Athletically he is not the player he once was but as a route runner he is still close to elite. Gabe Davis is nowhere near his level yet. If Allen continues playing the way he did on Sunday this offense should be even better than it was last year.

• Like (+1) 1

This year I think they are doing less Allen film and adding other players.  They did offense and defense specific ones for Miami.  Still covered Josh, but had me excited for WFT because the offense was 4/4 in the red zone against Fins.  Allen struggled in the middle of the field but got the job done when its most important.

21 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Cody Ford's NFL career is on life support.  He is FAILING.

Meh, I STILL have hope, that's the kind of blind Bills fan I am!

He can do it! Go Bills!

But in all seriousness. He gives us some toughness and he can run block. He is very inexperienced as a RG. He is very inexperienced as a NFL player! He was playing a great DT and not getting any help. It is possible he could still improve his pass blocking dramatically.

There's big trouble coming up though as KC has the great Chris Jones and he'll line up over Ford. He is more athletic than Payne (the WTF DT) so once he beats Ford he could give Josh problems. Payne really did not as Josh ran away reset his feet and fired completions. Difficult for most QBs not for Josh once he's feeling it... Anyway, we can't let Chris Jones hit Josh....Right now, it looks to be a problem. A big problem if Cody doesn't show vast improvement.

26 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Meh, I STILL have hope, that's the kind of blind Bills fan I am!

He can do it! Go Bills!

But in all seriousness. He gives us some toughness and he can run block. He is very inexperienced as a RG. He is very inexperienced as a NFL player! He was playing a great DT and not getting any help. It is possible he could still improve his pass blocking dramatically.

There's big trouble coming up though as KC has the great Chris Jones and he'll line up over Ford. He is more athletic than Payne (the WTF DT) so once he beats Ford he could give Josh problems. Payne really did not as Josh ran away reset his feet and fired completions. Difficult for most QBs not for Josh once he's feeling it... Anyway, we can't let Chris Jones hit Josh....Right now, it looks to be a problem. A big problem if Cody doesn't show vast improvement.

Payne is a beast. He dominated vs. the Bills in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Yep. The film is not kind to him at all. Granted, in two of the three games this year, he’s gone up against some very talented DTs, but he’s a liability. Truth be told, I don’t have a ton of faith in Feliciano, either. Josh really compensates for their shortcomings and makes them look better than they are. 

I expect we will see some new line combos this week. Brown and Williams swapping places and both playing guard and tackle. The Texans are a lesser opponent and the coaching staff will want to see what they have for options before heading into hostile territory in two weeks. 

I don’t think coach wants to be unsure of his options if Chris Jones starts tossing bodies like he did in the AFCCG. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I expect we will see some new line combos this week. Brown and Williams swapping places and both playing guard and tackle. The Texans are a lesser opponent and the coaching staff will want to see what they have for options before heading into hostile territory in two weeks. 

I don’t think coach wants to be unsure of his options if Chris Jones starts tossing bodies like he did in the AFCCG. 

interesting, I hope you’re right

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Something to keep an eye on. 

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Almost as many times Allen almost throws an interception according to PPP.

I'd like one of them attempt to catch one of Allen's fast balls and have to use a pencil to type their columns.

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Manny Sands

He's got the hands

Get ready to jump

Up and down in the stands

Buffalo Bills Drinking GIF by Bleacher Report

White wraps are not allowed in our schools - just whole wheat until protests by Hispanic parents so corn ones were included.

• Haha (+1) 1