Does Anyone watch ESPN morning shows anymore?

sistersarah

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Would rather electrocute myself 

Will you be live-streaming this event? Asking for a friend...

2 hours ago, BisonMan said:

On the Jets last week, Greenberg was funny saying, “I can’t believe I’m saying these 5 words, ‘I miss Adam Gase!’”

Yes, he’s a total Jets homer but he’s very open about it.

Apparently, he's a moron, too..."I miss Adam Gase" is only four words.

BTW, to the OP's question, the only things I watch on ESPN now are live sports...NFL, MLB (mostly just the Mets), college football and basketball, and soon the NHL...don't care one iota about the NBA. I will on occasion check out what might be an interesting '30 for 30' or 'Edge NFL Matchup' with Greg Cosell & Matt Bowen, if I know they will be breaking down the Bills. Back in the day, I used to like 'The Sports Reporters' with Dick Schaap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nope. Greenberg is too much of a Jets homer.

NODODY should be a Jets homer.

Get Up is a hilarious show. Greenberg and crew makes me laugh daily. Marcus Spears is the star!! From his “Big Man Ballin” to his “You need new security” segments, his insight is great. Rex on Monday and Bart Scott on Wednesday have me in tears. It’s the only show I particularly watch on there. Then I switch to the other comic, sports show Skip and Shannon 

2 hours ago, JLO said:

NFL Network has the best eye candy... Kay, Collen Wolfe, Cynthia Frelund

Kimmi Chex, MJ Acosta-Ruiz, Jane Slater….

• Haha (+1) 1

I liked Mike & Mike.  Greeny is insufferable and I loved how Golic kept in check.  Golic played the game and had good insight; Greeny is an obnoxious Jet fan who fancies himself as a know-it-all (far from it).  When they broke them up - I stopped watching ESPN; now it's NFL Network's Good Morning Football.

I have no use for espn except for:

1. When the Manning Bros call the MNF Game on espn2
  2. MAYBE when they start covering a little hockey, though I still watch the NHL Network recap show.
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I was a long time, dedicated Mike & Mike viewer, and havent been back to ESPN in the Morning since they went off air. There isnt a decent ESPN Morning show.

I've switched over to GMFB on NFL Network as my morning show, and catch up with other sporting news on PTI.

Once PTI is done, there will be no more commentary shows on ESPN for me. Just college football.

I was a dedicated Mike & Mike guy. Once they messed that up, there was no reason to go there anymore. All their shows seem to have the same formula, a bunch of people all yelling at the same time. Stephen A is the worst of them. It’s like a reunion of my wife’s family, I avoid them at all costs. 

I listen to/watch Dan Patrick in the morning, then go to Cowherd in the afternoon. I know a lot of people don’t like Cowherd, but he doesn’t yell at me so it puts him a cut above the rest. 

If you REALLY want a laugh, check out ESPN’s college basketball recruiting info. They should really be embarrassed. A middle schooler could do better with access to 24/7 or a couple other sites. They should just take that down, THAT is how bad it is. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think I am being honest (unless I am forgetting something) when I say I have not turned on ESPN once in years, unless it was for a MNF game, or an Celtics game.  Anything else the network has to offer is pretty irrelevant to my enjoyment of sports.  If there is anything newsworthy, or of any slight interest to me on ESPN, chances are, somebody here, or on Facebook will share it.  I liked PTI, at one point (I like both Wilbon and Kornheiser) but when virtually every show on the network took that format in some form or another, it became unwatchable.

EDIT: ok, I will admit, I still watch an occasional 30for30 documentary as well.

Edited by Buftex

44 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I think I am being honest (unless I am forgetting something) when I say I have not turned on ESPN once in years, unless it was for a MNF game, or an Celtics game.  Anything else the network has to offer is pretty irrelevant to my enjoyment of sports.  If there is anything newsworthy, or of any slight interest to me on ESPN, chances are, somebody here, or on Facebook will share it.  I liked PTI, at one point (I like both Wilbon and Kornheiser) but when virtually every show on the network took that format in some form or another, it became unwatchable.

EDIT: ok, I will admit, I still watch an occasional 30for30 documentary as well.

There's no shame in admitting that!

I can't stand Mike Greenberg, and most of the talking heads on ESPNs morning programs. I like Dan Orlovskey, but thats it. Greenberg only wants to talk Brady, Dallas, Rodgers (Green Bay) or Chiefs. Most stuff they say just to get ratings. Honestly PTI is the only show on EPSN I watch anymore.