Levi fined 9.5k for “taunting”

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Putin said:

Is there anything more disrespectful then spitting on someone ? 
Especially now with possibility of getting COVID from it so yah I agree 100% anyone who does that should get suspended 

Pissing on someone? I don't know though, some ppl are into the  golden shower thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

I know how folks on the board like them stories from the high school days. I had a Levi moment. I was very amped up. It was a big spot in the game. Laid a TE out and did exactly what Wallace did. I don't blame him. It's a learning experiences.  I was lucky not to get called, probably should have. I was absolutely showing poor sportsmanship, but again. just was caught in the moment.  That's all it was. He will learn from it and it won't happen again. 

9 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm OK with making taunting an unsportsmanlike penalty if they want.  I think a fine is a bit much.  Maybe if a player engages in such behavior regularly.

I feel the complete opposite.  Its a violation that happened after the play and didn't affect its outcome.  It should not penalize the team. Its a personal foul that deserves personal punishment.  Besides, fining them lots of $$$ is likely a more effective way to make them think before they act anyway.  Just my opinion of course. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It reminds me of Stevie Johnson's bone headed T-shirt action - he knew it was wrong, he was going to be fined and did it anyways.

There was no purpose other than "Look at Me".  It is not like when a play takes a cheap shot on a player because that player got away with it in front of the zebras who was supposed to be even handed/

No.  That was totally worth it and funny.  Loved it after TO and Johnson's referring to themselves as Batman and Robin.  As for the Wallace play, that was textbook taunting and the NFL is making it clear you will be flagged so player's must adjust (whether you agree with the rule or not).

Gug will be very disappointed ;)

Eppy gets off and Levi gets the book thrown at him.

BTW I hate this taunting call crap some guys are getting away with it there is no way there should be an arbitrary 15 yd penalty attached.

Let the league review the film after the weekend then send the taunting players their fine notice and a letter telling them to play nice and act like an adult.

1 hour ago, teef said:

I completely get the penalty, but the monetary fine seems excessive. 

I like the fines but hate the 15yd penalty because not all of the taunts are called on field.

7 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Pissing on someone? I don't know though, some ppl are into the  golden shower thing.

Save it for the showers ;)

On 9/25/2021 at 5:00 PM, SoCal Deek said:

How in the world is signaling that the pass is incomplete taunting, when your actual job is to make sure the pass is incomplete??? Is it taunting when the pass receiver signals that he CAUGHT the pass? Is it taunting when the running back signals that he was down before fumbling? Nope! It’s their freaking job! It’s NOT personal against the other player!

It's very inconsitently called just like everything else with the refs. Players signal stuff in the face of opposing players many times a game with maybe one flag called depending on who needs the help to make it a more entertaining game. 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:23 AM, dave mcbride said:

The rules are the rules and they are crystal clear. Easy solution: don’t do it.

Yet they are selectively enforced by the refs with no clear idea what they're gonna call. Sometimes signalling first down or incomplete in someone's face is a penalty sometimes it's not. 

21 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Spitting on someone is less of a fine than what Levi did. NFL really needs to evaluate how fines are assessed.

$15,400(spitting fine) is more than $9,500(Levi)

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It's very inconsitently called just like everything else with the refs. Players signal stuff in the face of opposing players many times a game with maybe one flag called depending on who needs the help to make it a more entertaining game. 

Yet they are selectively enforced by the refs with no clear idea what they're gonna call. 

Case in point is the receiver spinning the ball in the end zone, or doing the first down signal, or the popular ball drop after making the catch. Receivers do all of those things every single game. And all of them are not taunting. They’re all examples of a player showing he did his job….just like Levi.