Darryl Johnson Inactive

Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Jets never had CMC and Moore and Anderson paired together either though. Add in their OC is quite good as well. It was definitely the best possible landing spot for him. If they develop the O line better they have a playoff shot. Their defense is playing lights out so it’s not surprising Johnson isn’t quite up to speed yet. Looking forward to what they can do against some better competition. 

• Agree 1

Carolina was a LOT of people's sleeper this year. Bam is trying to crack a pretty good DE room.

They got a decent offensive line, good receivers and STUDS with CMC & Burns. That's gonna be a great game to watch soon. Sam now has a puncher's chance against Josh in this year's rematch.🤜

What the hell did Darryl Johnson ever do as a Buffalo Bill that he had a nickname?

The guy was a 7th round draft pick who barely ever played defense for us in his 2 years w the team. 

What about Jamie Mueller or John Dorenbos?  I would argue they contributed more to the well being of the franchise. 

• Eyeroll 1

Somewhat surprising he's been inactive since the Panthers traded for him but they have a top 5 defense right now and have the look of one of those teams that will be in the playoff mix this year if they can sustain their success going forward.

Also one of those games on the schedule that will be much more difficult for the Bills than initially expected.

32 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I thought he would at least contribute on special teams. I think teams are trying to stash away players considering it's a 17 game season. I think we're just keeping Boogie inactive so we can rotate him in in a few weeks and give someone else a rest.

I think we're keeping Boogie inactive because he's still learning his expected role and he needs more time.

That's not a knock on him, I think the Bills are asking him to master the "inside/outside" switch role they intended Q Jefferson to fill, so more different roles/needs more time to master.

17 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What the hell did Darryl Johnson ever do as a Buffalo Bill that he had a nickname?

The guy was a 7th round draft pick who barely ever played defense for us in his 2 years w the team. 

Special Teams.  63% of the snaps last two season, and he was a hard-hitting flyer:  "BAM!" 

A lot of these successful STers seem to pick up that theme as a nickname.  Siran Neal is apparently "Bambam" for the same reason.

What about Jamie Mueller or John Dorenbos?  I would argue they contributed more to the well being of the franchise. 

I am unfamiliar with the scope and quality of their ST contributions.

he has had that nickname since he was a kid due to always being high energy. So to answer your question, he didn't do anything as a Bill that earned him that nickname, just always been his name. It is also what he requested to be referred to as in interviews with the media. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think his ceiling is marginal NFL starter. The Jets made him look worse than that.

I know it's only two games, but he's averaging 8.0 ypa, has a completion rate of 68.5 percent, and has a rating of 100.5. I always liked him coming out of college, and I think that the Jets situation totally warped people's view of his talent/potential. He is now with a functioning organization, and this is when the judgments of him based on his play will be more or less accurate. What the Jets dumped on him was just ridiculous, both in terms of personnel and Gase's horizontal passing game.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.