What was the walk into the stadium like?

The Tomcat

Just now, loyal2dagame said:

The lines at the gates were super long,  but moved reasonably quickly for the amount of people backed up. 

The line I was in was like a 5 to 10 minute wait.  Moved super fast to the point where I was in my seat with a couple of beers with a stop by the trough and 1 hour until kickoff!

It was a short but glorious walk to the stadium.  That feeling of anticipation never gets old.

• Like (+1) 2

It was nice there was alot eye candy to look at.

Lines were long. BUT everyone seemed to talk to everybody else so it felt like you moving  faster.

Noone was masked inside well maybe 1 percent. During the 9 11 video it was quite after that just like Virgil said you could not hear the person talk next to you.

Yes it was really that loud.

I went in at 11:10-11:15, no lines at all.  My main problen was I bought stadium parking.  I left from Depew around 8:20 AM drove straight down Rt 20 (Transit/Southwestern) and a few miles from the stadium traffic came to a dead halt.  I got in the stadium lot around 10:15, almost 2 hours for a 15 mile drive on Rt 20.  At least I got a spot 2 cars from the road in the lot, about 5 rows down from the exit so getting out wasn't that bad after the game ended.  

I wore a mask both indoors & outside once the stadium seats filled up.  That was because I was staying with friends who would have been upset if I went to the stadium & didn't keep a mask on.  If someone is going to put me up for the weekend I'm not going to go against their wishes.  I'm not sure what I would have done if I had stayed in a motel since I'm fully vaccinated.  

• Like (+1) 1

The lines at the gates weren't bad, but that's because so many fans opted to go into the stadium early.  Getting through the gate was the same as it ever was, i.e., the usual hassle getting through the metal detector.  There is no vaccine requirement, so thus no checking for that at the gate.  My tickets were on my phone in the Bills app, and the scanning process was pretty seamless.  But one thing I DID miss -- there were no Gameday programs, and thus no Tim Horton coupons if the Bills scored two or more TDs!!  Which would have been all for naught, anyway.

4 minutes ago, ohboychoboy said:

The lines at the gates weren't bad, but that's because so many fans opted to go into the stadium early.  Getting through the gate was the same as it ever was, i.e., the usual hassle getting through the metal detector.  There is no vaccine requirement, so thus no checking for that at the gate.  My tickets were on my phone in the Bills app, and the scanning process was pretty seamless.  But one thing I DID miss -- there were no Gameday programs, and thus no Tim Horton coupons if the Bills scored two or more TDs!!  Which would have been all for naught, anyway.

They sent out e-mails saying that all Gameday programs are now digital & can be downloaded from the Bills app.  I didn't bother but that's where the Gameday programs are now.  

No issues for me. Got to the security gates around 11:40 and took about 5 minutes to get through. I had downloaded my ticket into my Apple wallet and it scanned no problem. 

There were no vaccination checks (app or otherwise) or mask enforcement that I saw.  

They made an announcement over the loud speakers a few times that EVERYONE  is supposed to be masked in the concourse, and unvaccinated are supposed to be masked at all times unless taking a bite of food or sipping a drink. 

Looked like about 10% of people were wearing masks in the concourse and about 1% at their seats. 

Left Cuse about 7:30, got to a lot near corner of Southwestern and California about 10:15. The walk in was very entertaining as always. Not overly crowded, but a few people had parked in the stadium lots and were going against the flow with coolers to the offsite lots to party. 

Was in line about 15 minutes before the gates opened. The first guy in our line had a clear bag loaded with crap and security went through it like a dog had sniffed a bomb. Meanwhile, you could have strapped a case of Genny pounders to your body and gotten through super quick. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, scuba guy said:

It was nice there was alot eye candy to look at.

Lines were long. BUT everyone seemed to talk to everybody else so it felt like you moving  faster.

Noone was masked inside well maybe 1 percent. During the 9 11 video it was quite after that just like Virgil said you could not hear the person talk next to you.

Yes it was really that loud.

Was it that loud after mid 3rd Quarter? On TV it was unreal up to that point. Then it was loud at times. 

6 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

Didn't see a post specifically for this topic.  Feel free to merge if I missed it.

Curious on how it went for everyone. Any issues with the Mobile app or Covid Vaccinations proof?

I arrived 2 hours early. It was boring. I asked for scannable season ticket back in summer. Too much that can go wrong with mobile ticketing. No one asked for my vaxx card. I did wear a mask going in.

Arrived at gate about 12:50........took about 3 minutes to get thru and ticket scanned etc........had to wait 10 seconds for two guys in front of me who were confused about which side of the concourse they were in but was seated just as players started getting announced.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Arrived at gate about 12:50........took about 3 minutes to get thru and ticket scanned etc........had to wait 10 seconds for two guys in front of me who were confused about which side of the concourse they were in but was seated just as players started getting announced.

It was a really early crowd.  The stadium was nearly full at 12:48p when I looked at my watch.  Very unusual. 

• Agree 1