Are we going to be like the obnoxious and unbearable Patriot fans?

Leonitas

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

obnoxious and unbearable? Some here already are -regardless of W/L.

This goes with the territory, I guess, but they have NO idea who they are!

I say we raise a have dozen trophies, then take stock. I can live with that. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

pats fans were def terrible,  alot still are.   chiefs fans,  at least their message board posters,   are the friggen the worst.   ive read posts about wishing injuries on other teams players,   personal attacks,  the list goes on.  i hope beyond hope that Bills fans keep it classy.

The Chiefs forum is almost inexplicable to me.   It is the definition of toxic.

You can't judge a fanbase just by what's on the internet, but that board is so far removed from every other fan board I have visited. The Pats boards are nothing like that. It's the most negative board I've been to, going even beyond sports.

Edited by Success
  • Agree 1

I'm not going to go around and pretend I hand scouted Josh Allen and convinced Bills Leadership to draft him simply because I happened to be born next to Buffalo, New York. 

Arrogant media and other teams fans (Chiefs, Patriots) act like they were in Draft room, or they convinced Free Agents to sign. 

So long way of saying, no. I'm not going to become an obnoxious fan that thinks he's better than other fans.  

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No, Bills fans strike me as far less entitled and insufferable as Boston fans. I'd settle for one, but they whine like school girls if they don't win every year.

No you’re right Boston fans are far worse. Locally here in Buffalo though there are some Bills fans getting more and more mouthy. 

Well, I'll say this: I was born and raised in Rochester, NY, but have lived in Los Angeles for 30 years. My mom still lives in the house I was born in, so I get back there a couple times a year, but mostly I'm pretty isolated from my "tribe," as it were. Well, there is a local Bills bar in Santa Monica, called Busby's, which is taken over by WNY transplants every Sunday during football season. It's a bit of a drive for me, and always crowded on a football Sunday, but every year I go to two, or three games there. It's difficult, and complicated to describe the experience, but there is something utterly grounding about spending a game Sunday with this crowd. People from Western NY are just different from folks from So Cal, and I'm one of them. Not better, or worse. Just different. 

• Like (+1) 1

It might be inevitable.  I see a lot of similarities in the Bills and Pats that could bring this to fruition. Namely, they both sucked for a long time. 

In the 80’s/90’s the Pats and the Bucs were so bad. I mean, they were the butt of the NFL for a long time, as were we through the 2000’s. That’s a lot of pent up frustration from being on the back end of all the jokes and now, memes that go around. And besides, there’s the whole Super Bowl losses thing. 

When our time comes, there will always be that group that wants to take out their angst against others and they will be a small subset but also the most vocal, loudest ones in the room giving decent Bills fans a bad name. 

Me, I can die happy with just one. More would be great, but let’s start with just one. 

I’d rather not rate which team as there is good and bad in any group, but as the LA guy stated, there is something special about Bills fans.  We are the definition of loyal true blue.

When I see a guy in the gym here in Tampa with a Bills shirt on, I’ll typically come up and say hi.  I assume there is some connection to Buffalo, so I just name the street I grew up on (South Park Ave.) and immediately there is a connection and we start talking about our team.

lol my reaction to this thread is gigglesnort I WISH I'll be around to experience it. IMO the  bills mafia fanbase will continue to be altruistic and True... the losers beneath us opinions are of no consequence to WE winners TCK

lmao

its begun oh nooooooo....Sarcasm*

I’ve already apologized in advance to my college buddies on a group text chat we have for how insufferable I will become if the current trajectory continues. They’re all Giants, Cowboys, Steelers fans, etc. They’re all actually really supportive and hope the Bills finally push through this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:04 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I'm not going to go around and pretend I hand scouted Josh Allen and convinced Bills Leadership to draft him simply because I happened to be born next to Buffalo, New York. 

Arrogant media and other teams fans (Chiefs, Patriots) act like they were in Draft room, or they convinced Free Agents to sign. 

So long way of saying, no. I'm not going to become an obnoxious fan that thinks he's better than other fans.  

Reminds me of a Patriots fan that explained to me a while back that Boston simply had a winning culture. That the people of Boston were the real reason the Patriots, the Bruins, and Red Sox were successful. These professional mercenaries born and raised just about anywhere but Boston thrived and fed off a city of winners in all walks of life. 

Yikes man

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.