Star is OUT for Steelers game

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For me, it’s Matt Canada. He’s an unknown, but his college offenses are a HEAVY misdirection run game.  

Going to need a lot of eye discipline if his history is any indication.  

Is he a northern relative of Ron Mexico?

Edited by Amorgus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

There’s a guy who plays for Georgia (can’t remember his name but he’s a monster 6’5 well over 300 and athletic)... I would sell the house for something like that next draft...we have missed far too often on our interior dline....

You don't need to sell the house for a 2 down player 

He's not going in the first round because he has little pass rush upside in the NFL 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What do you people want us to do?  Carry multiple 1 techs?  

We aren’t designed to be dominant against the run.   We should expect, with all the investments made, to be solid against the run though.  

We play two linebackers primarily.  That isn’t a team that seems overly worried about being a run stuffing unit. 

The Steelers OL is pretty inexperienced and littered with mid-round picks.  If our DL minus Star struggles with them, that’s a problem. 

It's not about being dominant against the run it's the over reliance and confidence in a 30 something 'Carolina guy' who hasn't played football in almost 2 years and has never been that good to begin with.

This is also why I worry about going up against teams like the Browns and Titans in the playoffs because it's a bad matchup since they can kill us with the run and set up the play action passing game.

I understand the disappointment, but the Bills won 15 games last year without Star, the DL is well versed on playing without him there,  and are facing one of the worst and least experienced OLs in the league. If this is what leads to a loss, this team has much bigger issues. 

based on McDermott’s comments on his injury earlier this week, I’d expect him back for week 2; he doesn’t have an injury history since he’s been here . 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Coming into the season, I too felt that Zimmer was strictly a 1T guy

Per the depth chart on Buffalobills.com, 1TDT is where they have him listed, as his primary position.

It's not because there's someone else listed as #3 behind Oliver and Butler

So I think this reflects how the Bills are looking at him right now.

I think they look at Harry, Zimmer, Oliver, Butler as all versatile enough to man the spot, but none are true 1Ts from what I can tell. They're all 1T/3T (Oliver can play 4T/5T too). Star is the only true 1T who was brought in exclusively for that role.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's not going in the first round because he has little pass rush upside in the NFL 

With the Bills having a decent and I'd say fairly deep roster there's not alot of room for draftees to make the team that allows Beane to package picks for moving up when he sees a player that will fit. Heck aftercwe win the SB I could care less if they trade all their picks to land a draft player they feel will fill a need.  I trust this front office with their player evaluations. 

They don't hit on every pick but they have brought in a good number of players that fit right in our system -- both via draft as well as bringing in vets that didn't fit their other team.

Edited by AuntieEm
General corrections

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

With the Bills having a decent and I'd say fairly deep roster there's not alot of room for draftees to make the team that allows Beane to package picks for moving up when he sees a player that will fit. Heck aftercwe win the SB I could care less if they trade all their picks to land a draft player they feel will fill a need.  I trust this front office with their player evaluations. 

They don't hit on every pick but they have brought in a good number of players that fit right in our system -- both via draft as well as bringing in vets that didn't fit their other team.

That still doesn't mean reaching for players is a good idea

This kid's going to be available after the first round 

So if we trade up and take him in the first round its technically not a good idea.. because you're going to be able to get him after

I was talking to somebody who said they would give up the house for somebody like this... You won't have to give up the house

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you watch the Georgia/Clemson game on Saturday?  That guy can really move, which shocked me.  He had several QB pressures.  

7 minutes ago, Patience said:

Did you watch the Georgia/Clemson game on Saturday?  That guy can really move, which shocked me.  He had several QB pressures.  

Pass rushing in college is alot different than pass rushing in the NFL  

He is definitely quick but his actual rush moves leaves alot to be desired and he's a 2 down player rn in the NFL  

He can refine alot of technique which is huge for a big man