Five Thirty Eight Predictions

Reader

Got to admit I haven't felt this much positive feedback from media analysts in a very long time and I'm a 40 year fan. 

Many picking Bills for the SB, Allen as MVP and McD for COTY. I got so used to embrassing the underdog role and relishing unexpected victories. This feels kinda strange.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I love this page.  The Bills have the 2 best QBs in the AFC East.  LOL

I think that scale is actually very accurate. MT is a little worse than Baker Mayfield, and a little better than Bridgewater. In fact the only player I noticed that is ridiculously wrong is Russell Wilson but maybe his last month last year was that bad.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think that scale is actually very accurate. MT is a little worse than Baker Mayfield, and a little better than Bridgewater. In fact the only player I noticed that is ridiculously wrong is Russell Wilson but maybe his last month last year was that bad.

Wilson starts strong and then falls off as the season progresses.

What I'd like to see is predictions based on simulations where each team loses five starters throughout the year to injuries or other multi-game absences.  It would have to be a lot of simulations because there are so many scenarios.  What if a team loses three O line starters?  Two CBs?   The starting QB?  

Factor all THAT in and I think the Bills are in better shape than anyone else.  They have the deepest roster with players that all range from good (only a few) to very good to excellent to outstanding to elite.  The Bills' distribution of talent level across their roster is more balanced than any other team I can think of.  Most really good teams have a few more stars than the Bills but a lot more ugly ducklings the GMs are hoping turn out to be swans.  If those ugly ducklings have to play a lot, their team will be laying an egg or two.  

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Houston is different situation. They have a QB who was already trying to be last rat fleeing sinking shop discovered with the plague.

It's hard to believe it was only a year and a half ago when the Bills played the Texans in the playoffs. How quickly they fell.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Wilson starts strong and then falls off as the season progresses.

It was usually the opposite before last season.  I know because I routinely draft him in fantasy as he always seems to be undervalued.

14 hours ago, Reader said:

Peterman has a negative score 😄

Other than the Bills games I watch very very little preseason football. It’s excruciating. But…while flipping channels I saw Peterman playing for the Raiders and paused for a second. The Raider broadcaster was going on and on about Peterman’s incredible development under Gruden and right then…I’m not kidding….he threw a horrible pick over the middle right into the chest of defender nowhere near a Raider receiver! Needless to say I turned the channel.

• Haha (+1) 2