Bills raise some alarms for those attending the game Sunday

JÂy RÛßeÒ

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There certainly isn't a financial incentive to fix the problem.

The biggest issue is actually the ticket processing............every 10th fan thru has en e-ticket they can't pull up on their phone when it's time to perform..........and the Bills didn't make it very clear to most ST holders that they had the option of getting the season ticket "card" again..........so it will be worse yet this year.

E-tickets........great for a lot of things........not so much when trying to jam 50K boredom-averse fans thru a few gates in 30 minutes or less.

You're the most miserable Bills fan I've ever seen.  It must hurt to know more about football than everyone else on the planet, causing you to hate the game and the team you supposedly love.  The only positive words I've read in your posts are about yourself.  Yawn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Didn’t see much of an issue at the preseason game getting in.  Went through about 11:45.  

Lack of staff will be a problem.  Biggest problem are people who walk up and are not prepared to hand over there phone and keys at the metal detector, and then take 3 steps and have their tix accessible.  They act like it’s a major surprise doing either task.  Just like the turd at the checkout who doesn’t realize she has to dig through her large purse to pull out a smaller purse to pull out her wallet to get to her debit card....until the cashier has completed scanning the order.

As far as e-tix.  I have Apple wallet.  I just access the Ticketmaster website a few days ahead of the game, and click on “add to apple wallet”.  Done.  Click on Apple wallet while heading in and there they are.   Not a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

For the people mentioning Apple Wallet...does anybody know if Google Pay is the same thing for people that use an Android?  I have always been a plastic card holder but I just realized I have lost my actual card somehow so it looks like I will be forced in using the electronic tickets for this season and I am already nervous knowing the types of things that can go wrong.  To hell with technology I really wish they could go back to actual ticket stubs like the good old days

14 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Very true.  From my experience the Bills (Rich / Ralph / Highmark Stadium) are about the worst in the league the last 6 or 7 years.  At some point after the stadium renovation,  the wait at the gates got terrible.

I try to get to 2 road games / year.  3 this year with such a good schedule. So I do have experience in other NFL stadiums.

I've been to Miami twice (2014 TNF and 16) and yea you have a little line but jesus it actually moves and within 5 minutes your in. I will say a generation of fans who were all drought grew up (myself included) where we didn't leave tailgating until 12:45 because you knew the game probably was a dud so that doesnt help either.

1 hour ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I may be an old curmudgeon, but I think the electronic tickets make the issue worse.  Having the tickets pulled up on your phone presents a problem as some people aren't ready for the scan.  

No I think most people universally agree that electronic tickets suck.  It's another one of those things they are giving us that nobody was asking for to begin with

If the preseason game was any example - lines will suck at full capacity and with alcohol involved.  It was easily 30 minutes plus for us to get through.  It looked like they were only using 50% of the metal detectors at our gate. 

Tickets need to be saved to your mobile wallet ahead of time.  Don’t just screen capture it from your account manager.  The barcode changes every 15 minutes so screen captures can’t work.  

Rest assured - beer lines were much smoother.

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I hope this post wondering if my post is serious isn't serious. 🥳

This has nothing to do with the Bills trying to "double dip" or be cheap.

As someone who works in a role where I have to hire people, the last six months have been a nightmare. Thanks to Federal Government unemployment programs, low-wage (entry-level, seasonal, part-time, etc.) jobs are almost impossible to fill. And it's not that you can't hire them. It's that they don't even apply. I literally was hiring for a $15-$16 an hour, ENTRY LEVEL job - in a major city, where there is no shortage of available workers - all summer and would go weeks without even receiving an application. Couldn't even get someone in to an interview to attempt to hire them. And this is not unique to my company and this particular role. If you've watched the news in the past six months, there are businesses all over that are literally closing their doors for extra days of the week due to not being able to find staff. Airlines are cancelling flights due to not being able to have staff.

Unfortunately, when the government offers you more money to stay at home than you would make to go work, why would anybody want to go work?

The "they're just being cheap" schtick is ridiculous in this case. If they're saying that they are short-staffed and can't find people to fill these open positions, I 150% believe them. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

As someone who works in a role where I have to hire people, the last six months have been a nightmare. Thanks to Federal Government unemployment programs, low-wage (entry-level, seasonal, part-time, etc.) jobs are almost impossible to fill. And it's not that you can't hire them. It's that they don't even apply. I literally was hiring for a $15-$16 an hour, ENTRY LEVEL job - in a major city, where there is no shortage of available workers - all summer and would go weeks without even receiving an application. Couldn't even get someone in to an interview to attempt to hire them. And this is not unique to my company and this particular role. If you've watched the news in the past six months, there are businesses all over that are literally closing their doors for extra days of the week due to not being able to find staff. Airlines are cancelling flights due to not being able to have staff.

Unfortunately, when the government offers you more money to stay at home than you would make to go work, why would anybody want to go work?

The "they're just being cheap" schtick is ridiculous in this case. If they're saying that they are short-staffed and can't find people to fill these open positions, I 150% believe them. 

Did you fall for sarcasm twice?  Come on man I even left a party emoji!

11 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

The counter argument would be if minimum wages were higher folks would not sit out based on getting one time extra assistance during a pandemic.  Most/All big company's can afford to pay more. The 90's proved when everyone is making money its good for everyone rich and poor alike. When the economy is top heavy and we squeeze the lower class in only helps the wealthy. 

I agree that nobody saw the lack of labor coming, but it exposes a different problem than "I can't find help" 

All full time jobs should pay enough to make ends meet. Period. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

gotta wonder if hiring, say, 40 more employees to work a few hours each home game at the entry gates at, say, $35 an hour would eat into the Pegulas’ lifestyle budget a noticeable amount.

Obviously they already have our money, but it sure would be nice if they could push more people through the gates in a timely manner.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks.

I usually like being in the stadium early, any way. I like seeing pre-game warmups and introductions and pyro and planes and all that jazz. 

Gonna have to remember to be at the gates extra early this week. Nothing worse than spending all that money/effort getting to a game and then being stuck in that drunken cattle herd and hearing the sounds of the crowd at the opening kickoff from outside the stadium.

I was at the gates early.  And I wasn't in the drunken herd.  And... 😥😥😥

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

For the people mentioning Apple Wallet...does anybody know if Google Pay is the same thing for people that use an Android?  I have always been a plastic card holder but I just realized I have lost my actual card somehow so it looks like I will be forced in using the electronic tickets for this season and I am already nervous knowing the types of things that can go wrong.  To hell with technology I really wish they could go back to actual ticket stubs like the good old days

Google wallet/Google pay. Download it, then put your tickets in there. 

Edited by The Firebaugh Kid
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks.

I usually like being in the stadium early, any way. I like seeing pre-game warmups and introductions and pyro and planes and all that jazz. 

Gonna have to remember to be at the gates extra early this week. Nothing worse than spending all that money/effort getting to a game and then being stuck in that drunken cattle herd and hearing the sounds of the crowd at the opening kickoff from outside the stadium.

I've been going to Bills games since the early '80s.  I am ALWAYS amazed at the huge amount of empty seats as late as 12:55pm!  I swear, the last 15 or 20,000 seats are filled from like 1pm to 1:10pm and huge numbers of people miss the opening kickoffs.

Idiots.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

gotta wonder if hiring, say, 40 more employees to work a few hours each home game at the entry gates at, say, $35 an hour would eat into the Pegulas’ lifestyle budget a noticeable amount.

Obviously they already have our money, but it sure would be nice if they could push more people through the gates in a timely manner.

40 employees x 35$ an hour x 8 hour shifts = $11,200 dollars a week, over the course of a season you would be paying almost 90,000 dollars.

For about 1/7th the cost of the salary of the cheapest individual on the team you would be able to make the lives of literally every fan attending the game significantly better, and also pay an amount that would guarantee a significant amount of applicants.

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Sacrificing 1/15,000th of the cost of the new stadium to significantly increase the quality of life for the fans is a burden that is inconceivable!

Edited by Careca

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Govt. is not paying people $15/Hr. to stay home. People want jobs where they can work remotely. There is still Pandemic fear, out there. (Not me) I'm retired, but If I could find a good paying job, that would allow me to work @ home, I'd be all over it. (That being said, I'm not currently looking)

A lot of these programs just recently ended.  However a lot of the issues tie back to child care.  With schools reopening it's easier... unless schools close again.  Then what?  Leave your 8 year old home for 8 hours for that 120 bucks a day?  Or do you need a job with some flexibility to work from home?  What does that person do?

What of the person who was laid off during the pandemic?  I agree they have had ample time to find something, but if they haven't - they should just start over at some 15 dollar entry level job?  

As for specific to the Bills situation, it's a delaware north issue as much as a highmark issue.  They already charge absurd prices, they can afford to pay people more.  They're simply waiting out the benefits (which just expired), and will continue to pay people less.  My brother worked at Delaware north in food/bev accounting, he was laid off about 3 weeks into the pandemic.  There was no furlough for full time employees, and they had to interview for their jobs back, and the pay was lower.  So I can imagine quite a bit of turnover there.  As for the minimum wage jobs - I can work at an arby's for the same pay and not be exposed to 75000 people, many of them drunk etc.  

3 minutes ago, Careca said:

40 employees x 35$ an hour x 8 hour shifts = $11,200 dollars a week, over the course of a season you would be paying almost 90,000 dollars.

For about 1/7th the cost of the salary of the cheapest individual on the team you would be able to make the lives of literally every fan attending the game significantly better, and also pay an amount that would guarantee a significant amount of applicants.

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Sacrificing 1/15,000th of the cost of the new stadium to significantly increase the quality of life for the fans is a burden that is inconceivable!

They already make like every full time employee work every home game in some capacity too.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I was up in Rochester this summer and lack of workers was apparent. Not sure how these rust belt cities are going to survive this. It went from bad to terrible. 

The government isn't paying them anymore, but i still think people should value themselves over that dirt poverty wage.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Careca said:

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

lol.  Not even 8 hour shifts… could probably find some people willing to work 4-hr shifts scanning tickets and working the metal detectors, if you offered enough $/hr. Yeah, there’s some training involved (especially for the latter I would imagine), but still…