Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, WideNine said:

I think the Steelers are a well-coached team.

I expect them to run a lot and use quick passes; maybe leverage their TEs to eat the clock and make Allen cool his heels.

Ebron is worse than Knox with the dropsies so it will be interesting if they lean on their rookie TE Freiermuth they invested that 55th pick to nab.

He is supposedly a much better blocker than Ebron too so could give those outside zone runs a boost.

TEs have been an Achilles heel for our defense so we will see if they have made any adjustments to better counter them. 

Big Ben is not what I would consider a mobile threat so they are going to need to jump out in front and stay that way for that keep-away game plan to really work.

If and when we get up on them, Ben will have to take more deep drops and hold the ball, I would expect sacks and turnovers with the kind of talent Beane has pumped into the DL.

I am pretty stoked... seems like it was the longest offseason ever.

Yep, run Harris to set up the play action is what I expect them to do Sunday.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Simon said:

Last year I think he had a grand total of 1 tackle after getting jacked up by Daryl Williams all night.

He was so ineffective they ended up flipping him around just to get him away from Williams.

Watt will show up ready to play and with chips on both shoulders re: his contract and getting dominated by #75 last year,  and I still don't think it will make a galdanged bit of difference. 

Watt is one of the best pass rushers in the league. I think it’s a bit silly to just assume he’s going to get shut down.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Watt is one of the best pass rushers in the league. I think it’s a bit silly to just assume he’s going to get shut down.

He was shut down last year by us, but I agree... we shouldn't assume he'll have no impact.  

That being said, we have a good pass pro OL, but the one area teams seem to be able to get some pressure is via the interior of our OL - particularly the guard spots.  Hopefully they tighten that up this year so we don't have to deal with a half where Heyward terrorizes the line.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He was shut down last year by us, but I agree... we shouldn't assume he'll have no impact.  

That being said, we have a good pass pro OL, but the one area teams seem to be able to get some pressure is via the interior of our OL - particularly the guard spots.  Hopefully they tighten that up this year so we don't have to deal with a half where Heyward terrorizes the line.  

He did pretty well against us in 2019 but that was without D Will.  0.5 Sacks, 1 Pass deflection, 4 tackles, forced fumble and 2 QB Hits

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I seriously doubt it as we didn’t have a crowd last year, and any Steelers fans will pay through the nose when we have 60k in season tickets.  Bills fanatics aren’t giving up these tix.  For once we won’t have 25k in yellow towels this year.

There are a ton of tickets for sale online. Whether or not people want to pay $150-$200 per ticket to sit in nose bleeds I don't know, but if they want tickets there are plenty.

41 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@realmikerob is my new favorite football host on television!!

He mentioned the other day that he believes that Josh Allen might be better than Patrick Mahomes. He mentioned that he used to say 1A and 1B. But now, he’s wondering if Josh is above him.

It was kind of crazy to hear.

Edited by BillsFan619

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I seriously doubt it as we didn’t have a crowd last year, and any Steelers fans will pay through the nose when we have 60k in season tickets.  Bills fanatics aren’t giving up these tix.  For once we won’t have 25k in yellow towels this year.

Upthread you should have seen the Canadians can't cross the border and sold their tickets.  The place will be overrun with bumble bees.

16 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

He mentioned the other day that he believes that Josh Allen might be better than Patrick Mahomes. He mentioned that he used to say 1A and 1B. But now, he’s wondering if Josh is above him.

It was kind of crazy to hear.

Agreed.  This year could change the narrative..  Allen has the highest ceiling of any QB in my lifetime, and he seems to have the work ethic to match.  

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had PTSD watching the Notre Dame Tight End against FSU.  Dude makes big time plays and then just drops easy catches.  

Tight Ends typically take time, and I have a feeling Knox makes the jump this year.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think the play-action game is going to phase the Bills. I hope Ben is forced to throw it deep, since that's not his game anymore. 

Neither is play action - his completion%, ypa, and passer rating all considerably worse when they ran it last year (it’s usually the opposite)

Edited by YoloinOhio