Bills open practice 9/1 and media

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills open practice 9/1 and media
37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Hope you are right, I dont know what happened to Singletary's "fire" last year but he looked like his "old" self this pre-season.

McD said that not having a camp last year affected some players more than others.  And Devin was one of those players where it affected his conditioning.  Now he’s in the best shape of his life, and we are seeing the difference on the field.

Im calling it now…Devin will lead this team in rushing and by a decent margin. Moss is talented, he will get touches, but don’t be surprised to see Devin be the clear lead back throughout the season (barring injuries of course).

Devin for me is also a late round steal in FFL drafts, landed him in all leagues as Moss always got drafted first.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Time for Bills fans to face reality. McBeane does not value TEs or #2 CBs nearly as much as we do. 

That's fine but why does Sweeney offer more than Hollister? That's what I don't understand. It can't be a cap move because Hollister was only set to make a couple hundred thousand more than Sweeney. Usually even with the moves I disagree with I can see the logic in, this one I just don't see it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Somebody ask him why he consistently keeps 5 CBs when 3 are on the field at all times. Meanwhile, he keeps 9 OL for 5 spots and 6 LBs for 2 spots. I've gotten used to it, but going thin at the CB position is a frustrating hallmark of this regime.

Clearly you’re forgetting about Taiwan “Swiss Army Knife” Jones? 🧐

😉

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's fine but why does Sweeney offer more than Hollister? That's what I don't understand. It can't be a cap move because Hollister was only set to make a couple hundred thousand more than Sweeney. Usually even with the moves I disagree with I can see the logic in, this one I just don't see it.

I couldn't agree more.  It is a head scratcher.  Hollister on the 53 and Sweeney cut seems like was the right move.

Sweeney would of cleared waivers and could of been on the PS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Likely they see Sweeney as the better blocker.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Likely they see Sweeney as the better blocker.

Maybe, but when did they see that?  The guy didn't play at all last season and only 1 game this pre-season.

Hollister did show he can block with the Seasnakes.  He's not Lee Smith but he ID'd the right guy and slowed him up.

They also went heavy on WR.

Oh well Done is Done

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD said that not having a camp last year affected some players more than others.  And Devin was one of those players where it affected his conditioning.  Now he’s in the best shape of his life, and we are seeing the difference on the field.

Im calling it now…Devin will lead this team in rushing and by a decent margin. Moss is talented, he will get touches, but don’t be surprised to see Devin be the clear lead back throughout the season (barring injuries of course).

Devin for me is also a late round steal in FFL drafts, landed him in all leagues as Moss always got drafted first.  

Same.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe, but when did they see that?  The guy didn't play at all last season and only 1 game this pre-season.

Hollister did show he can block with the Seasnakes.  He's not Lee Smith but he ID'd the right guy and slowed him up.

Oh well Done is Done

The Hollister cut is the one that mystifies me the most. But what do I know?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1