Stephen Ross is the one pushing for a Watson trade

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10011423-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-really-wants-texans-qb.amp.html 

Ross is an idiot, I think he’s up there with the Johnsons as being one of the worst owners in the NFL. 

Let him keep destroying his franchise...I'm cool with that.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10011423-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-really-wants-texans-qb.amp.html 

Ross is an idiot, I think he’s up there with the Johnsons as being one of the worst owners in the NFL. 

The good thing about that is that ownership changes much less frequently than GMs in the NFL.  Ross is 81.  If he's healthy, he could last another decade or more.

It should be said that while Charles Robinson insists he's got reliable information that Ross is pushing for Watson, and Mike Florio agrees, the Miami Dolphins insist Ross doesn't involve himself in football decisions, and supports Tua Tagovailoa.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dude is a brilliant businessman (even has his name on the University Of Michigan business school) but a terrible football man kinda the AFCs Jerry Jones 

There’s a lot of BS from Miami here.  Over the past 24 hours I’ve read:

Ross demanded the team drafted Tua and Flores and Grier didn’t want him.  Now he’s demanding the team trades for Watson? Now Flores allegedly met with the locker room to stage his support of Tua?

The only thing for certain is that we know Miami doesn’t have 100% confidence in Tua

The Dolphins have a pretty good team with a handful of good to better players.  They almost made the playoffs last year.  The biggest thing holding them back is not having a franchise QB. They gave Ryan Fitzpatrick a shot while they were at it.

Sound familiar?  That describes most of the Bills teams over the drought years.  How many times did the Bills go chasing a QB, thinking that getting that one missing piece was going to solve all their problems.

Now it's Miami's turn in the ark, grasping at dust in the wind, thinking it's a sign that dry land is right ahead.

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Dude is a brilliant businessman (even has his name on the University Of Michigan business school) but a terrible football man kinda the AFCs Jerry Jones 

He's the AFC's Dan Snyder.  As much as I dislike Jerry Jones, his teams did win a couple of Super Bowls.  Snyder on the other hand has completely screwed up the Washington Football Team. 

Edited by Utah John
  • Like (+1) 2

Dust in the wind.  Great song.  I hope Miami doesn’t get him even with a year suspension if that happens is a problem for us down the road.  Miami has a good team.  We don’t need a Watson in our division.  I may not like his personal decisions if they are true, but I certainly respect his abilities as a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

What I believe in all of this? I believe that it is the Miami owner looking to trade for Watson. I think in doing so he could potentially wreck their season because of the drama surrounding this, derail any resemblance of confidence Tua was possibly building, and that Flores is going to be out the door. Might be a good thing for Flores though because I think he's shown enough in the last couple of seasons to get another shot elsewhere, a place where the owner isn't a meddling buffoon. Personally, I hope Watson never plays another down in the NFL. That's just me. 1, 2, or maybe even 3? Sure it could be strictly a $$$ grab. 20+ women all with similar stories? Yeah, the odds of all of their testimonies being fake are damn near impossible. I hope Miami does trade for him with all of this draft capital they've accumulated, he never plays another down, and then they get to wallow in their stupidity for a decade looking up at us year after year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Wow - wow and WOW!  Agree - the idiot is strong in that one.  Better for the Bills tho!

Go BILLS!!

Why is he an idiot for wanting Watson?  Haven't a bunch of poster assumed for weeks that Miami was a possible spot for him?

• Like (+1) 1

I really think the Fish are going to be a mess unless Tua suddenly becomes a star.  What Flores did last year in managing the QBs was borderline negligence, and now reports are that he had to have a team meeting to tell them Tua is “our QB” amid the Watson rumors.  Flores brought some toughness and discipline to the Fish but I don’t think they are any better than a 9-10 win club.