TE Hollister Released

RyanC883

1 hour ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Could it be that Beane & Co are checking out the new list of available TEs, like a certain one from eastern PA (if the Eagles choose to cut him loose)? And if they don't find one better than Hollister, they'll bring him back? Seems cold hearted, but we are talking about the NFL here.

I doubt it as it damages his reputation with future free agents (and current players) if he reneges on a handshake agreement.

6 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Could it be that Beane & Co are checking out the new list of available TEs, like a certain one from eastern PA (if the Eagles choose to cut him loose)? And if they don't find one better than Hollister, they'll bring him back? Seems cold hearted, but we are talking about the NFL here.

So there are two  situations:

1) Hollister is released because the Bills have concluded he isn't enough of an upgrade, and they're either working on a trade for a TE or scouring the cutout bins for someone plausibly better (if they don't find someone AND Hollister is still out there they could re-sign him)

2) Hollister was released as a roster move with a veteran not subject to waivers, in order to bring an injured player onto the 53 so he can return from IR later in the season.  The Bills have a "handshake agreement" to re-sign him with a little "extra" for his trouble after this.

Either is plausible

But if we promised 2) we shouldn't be doing 1)

• Agree 2

Color me officially confused. I figured bringing Hollister back was a foregone conclusion. Now they say they do not have that agreement. So, what's the plan?  Sweeny is hurt (seemingly always). So Knox can't be the only TE available (yes, I know they can use the FB in a pinch). 

So they either have their eye  on someone in a trade, or as a pickup, is the only thing I can imagine. I STILL believe they may bring back Hollister, just because I'm stubborn.🤪

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Unless we're essentially eliminating the position. 

could be 4 and 5 wide all year cant say i hate it

Just now, billybob71 said:

tho after watching Kelce kill us i wish we had that for Joshy

On 8/31/2021 at 11:21 AM, First Round Bust said:

4 year vets are excluded from waivers and are automatic free agents,  has played well enough in a key position to get more guaranteed money, more than the $135k he signed for, mutually beneficial...another wise move by the front office to open a slot, then IR a keeper for short-term and then bring Holister back after that happens

I think Holister looked like the best Te on the Roster so him being cut makes no sense 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

tho after watching Kelce kill us i wish we had that for Joshy

I like that you responded to somebody. Then quoted that response in the same post, responding to yourself. Your life seems fun. 

• Haha (+1) 4