How Often Do You Watch the NFL Outside Bills Games?

I have Sunday ticket so (no exaggeration)

I watch the Mix channel all day on the off time of the Bills game or during commercials (during Bills games)

then watch every Thursday, Sunday and Monday night game. Every single prime time game. I absolutely love NFL football. It’s probably not possible to watch more then I already do. I wish games were staggered even more so I could literally watch every one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have Sunday ticket so (no exaggeration)

I watch the Mix channel all day on the off time of the Bills game or during commercials (during Bills games)

then watch every Thursday, Sunday and Monday night game. Every single prime time game. I absolutely love NFL football. It’s probably not possible to watch more then I already do. I wish games were staggered even more so I could literally watch every one.

The same for me. During the Sunday afternoon time slots when the Bills are not playing, I usually watch our main competition (whichever team this is at that point of time).

I should add that there is a difference between watching the Bills and other teams. When the Bills are playing, this is my only focus. When watching non-Bills games, I might multi-task and work on something else concurrently. E.g., from our kitchen I have a good view of the living-room TV. I can do simple chores while still watching TV.

• Agree 1

On 8/31/2021 at 12:10 PM, Rochesterfan said:

Well most Sundays I have 2 TVs going: 1 Bills and 1 the next best game or Redzone.  Then 2 games when the Bills are done.  Then Sunday night - at least part and part of Monday night.  I usually catch some of the Thursday night game before bed.  Plus Saturdays late in the season and All 3 games on Thanksgiving.

So probably close to 100 non-Bills games and this year will be more.

If they played both Saturday and Sunday - I would watch even more.  

It is the only sports worth watching right now.  Can’t stand Baseball or Basketball - both are just boring to me.  I don’t enjoy Soccer.  I love Hockey, but with the Sabres being bad - I don’t enjoy the rest of the games and even then I only watch a fraction - it just isn’t worth watching lots of games.

So I watch football and as many games as possible - love watching, talking, seeing highlights - any content available I try to consume.

I agree.

Btw, I hate the Sunday night games because of getting up early for work the next day.

Sabres are pretty bad. Unfortunately they are bad and play in a tough division. Maybe they'll get Wright. Hopefully.

I used to watch a lot of NFL.  The Bills and and several other Sunday games, always MNF, and then Thursdays, and then Sunday night, and all playoffs …

The past few years, besides watching the Bills, I watch much less.  Seems like its always there and I don’t like all the TV hype very much.  I don’t identify with the players like I used too. 

I do think the players and coaching is better than ever, but I have changed I guess.  

• Like (+1) 1

I watch every Bills game.

I watch every Packers game that doesn't conflict with a Bills game. (I adopted them as my secondary team back in the Favre years.)

Other games depend on the match-up, the game's potential impact on the Bills, and whether I have anything better to do at the time.

I usually watch quite a few games on Game Pass condensed throughout the week. I don't usually watch them live unless they are significant to the Bills in some way. I might tune in for a series or two here or there, but not often an entire game.

For the games I don't watch on game pass, I'll at least watch highlights. So in some way or another, I'm consuming content for pretty much every single game each week.

I'm usually up a couple hours later than the rest of my family, so that's usually when I get in my football watching.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:33 PM, Steptide said:

Litterally all day on Sunday, Thursday night and Monday night. As much as I'm a die hard bills fan, I do enjoy watching other games with my nerves not shaking out of my bones 

I watch a lot more that I have gotten into fantasy football a few years ago. I don't think a ton about fantasy as I am watching games, but fantasy football made me more of a general NFL fan and much more aware of other teams, so now I get more enjoyment watching other games. I used to not really know many players of other teams. Now I feel like I know most starters for almost every team.

I watch other games maybe 10 times a year.  It’s actually fun to watch since there is no emotional investment except when Brady plays.  I am conflicted since I want to be there when he gets an L, but I’m starting to appreciate him like Jordan, Magic and Bird.  

12 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I used to watch a lot of NFL.  The Bills and and several other Sunday games, always MNF, and then Thursdays, and then Sunday night, and all playoffs …

The past few years, besides watching the Bills, I watch much less.  Seems like its always there and I don’t like all the TV hype very much.  I don’t identify with the players like I used too. 

I do think the players and coaching is better than ever, but I have changed I guess.  

Ditto. It may be a Age thing. Started watching every NFL game available back in the ‘60s on a 3 channel B&W tv and that stayed true through the advent of MNF, then cable tv. Now? There were 20 college games on tv yesterday and most schools didn’t even play. I’m ALWAYS watching the Bills and RedZone takes over from there. 
Football overload.

• Like (+1) 1

After the Bills as they are the precedent, if the Bucs are on at 4pm or vise versa, it’s on.  I have lived here the second half of my life.   I have a routine where I make the kids Sunday breakfast, church, and if possible the gym.  Once we hit 1 pm, games are on into the night game.  If neither of the teams above, then it will be on the background, and may be doing other things around the home.  We try and have Sunday dinner, so it’s muted during dinner.

Monday and Thursday to me may go on, but I get up either at or before 5 am, so I may not make it past the first half.  If they are dud teams, I don’t even bother.  I can’t be bothered to watch a Lions/Bears game on TR night as an example.

When I was younger, I’d go to the bar at 12:30 and stay till midnight. Now, with wife and kids, I watch Bills games and barely get to watch much else. Not that I’m not allowed, but I don’t want to miss out on time with wife and kids for a game that has no real impact on my life.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/31/2021 at 11:00 AM, Billsfanatic8989 said:

My buddy asked me that question Saturday. And I had to think about it. I'd say I watch maybe 12 or 13 non Bills games per year. Many of them are Sunday and Monday night.

Thing is, if the Bills lose a 1 p.m. game, I feel in the dumps. I'm not interested in watching other teams. Sometimes I do. But I'm going through the motions.

What about yourself. How often are you watching non Bills NFL games?

I mainly used to keep the closest eye on the AFC East, but now I'm just as much in tune w/ the main playoff contenders like the Chiefs, Browns, Ravens, Steelers, etc. Whatever directly affects the Bills in other words.

I do love a ton of NFC matchups, but I'm much more knowledgeable about the AFC. When you are a true contender, you accumulate more inner-divisional rivals. I would put the Chiefs & Titans at the top of the list, the only 2 teams that have had the Bills number in the past couple of years and a bad matchup for us in general.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

14 hours ago, Ga boy said:

I watch other games maybe 10 times a year.  It’s actually fun to watch since there is no emotional investment except when Brady plays.  I am conflicted since I want to be there when he gets an L, but I’m starting to appreciate him like Jordan, Magic and Bird.  

My hate for Mahomes has surpassed my hate for Brady so it was fun watching him get the **** kicked out of him in the Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong, I hate them both. A couple of those Rings he shouldn't have. He is not the best NFL player of all time either. That goes to Jerry Rice.

• Awesome! (+1) 1