Views from the Opposition City - week 1 Pittsburgh

Lothar

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Steelers offense is loaded at the skill positions.  I wouldn't take them lightly.

um, i guess our definitions of "loaded" are different. sorry, not seeing it.

A handful of #2 and #3 wr's, a TE that may have worse hands than our guy, and an unproven RB running behind a line that lost its best 3 players off one of the worst units in the NFL.... Loaded? Nah, not even close. They have an average cast of weapons. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I have not seen any of the Steelers this preseason.  Has Ben’s arm strength regenerated over the off season?  If not, his weapons mean little.  34/20 Bills is my expectation here.  

He will be like Fitz.  To start the season his arm will be strong, over the season it will deteriorate to the point at season end he will be worse than last year, have an arm at that point to rival Tua's.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He will be like Fitz.  To start the season his arm will be strong, over the season it will deteriorate to the point at season end he will be worse than last year, have an arm at that point to rival Tua's.

Huh? Tua does have a strong arm you know, probably not as accurate

This feels like the first Dolphins game last year. Flores had them ready with the perfect gameplan to stop 2019 Josh Allen.  Gesicki killed us but Josh went off and we won anyway.

Tomlin's going to give us his version of KCs gameplan from the AFC title game. Pittsburgh's corners are going to be as physical as the refs allow.  Their box defenders will attack our OL to cause confusion, clog up running lanes and passing lanes over the middle, and get in Josh's head.  That's what we're gonna see until we prove we can beat it.  

Tomlin's a great coach, he won't waste time reinventing the wheel.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I howled at this one.

image.thumb.png.08959afe17849fde1da6ca22d7f02ba1.png

Five Reasons This Would Not Work:

1. Josh Allen is an escape artist.  Would evade kidnap attempt and hurl cross-body TD pass to Stef Diggs.

(Also Mitch Trubisky)

2. Would motivate Beas to work extra-hard to evade that coverage

3. Tre's been dealing with diaper contents for several years - he'd hose off and play

4. Tik-Tok Boy's Dances were motivational last time.....for the Bills

5. McDermott is so Hard-Core he would coach in a Man-Diaper and shoot an IV at halftime.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

um, i guess our definitions of "loaded" are different. sorry, not seeing it.

A handful of #2 and #3 wr's, a TE that may have worse hands than our guy, and an unproven RB running behind a line that lost its best 3 players off one of the worst units in the NFL.... Loaded? Nah, not even close. They have an average cast of weapons. 

Ben is Ben.  Older now, but when he's good, he's good.

I'd take Najee over any 2 RBs on this current roster.  Juju, Claypool, Dionte and Ebron.  

They're loaded, whether you want to admit it or not.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'd take Najee over any 2 RBs on this current roster.  Juju, Claypool, Dionte and Ebron.  

Very solid on defense as well.  Have to perform at high level and not make any mistakes.

Healthy, start of the season Ben is much better than later season Ben. He's the one thing that gives me pause. 

They have a lot of talent at skill positions, but that offensive line is not going to give them a lot of room to work with and is going to have to hold up. 

I don't know man. I believe DS will look good this season.