Baldinger Breakdown of Bills D Line from game 2

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's not just our defense that has to perform better against the Chiefs. It's the offense as well. So far, I am encouraged that both sides of the ball have improved at least a little and potentially a great deal if the pass rush is really good. 

Yea I am interested by the speculation the Chiefs want to use Chris Jones on the edge more. If they did that against us I would think it plays into our hands a bit because our tackles are better pass protectors than our guards. Ike / Cody / Mongo in pass pro vs the Chiefs remains a concern to me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can't see the Bills paying Addison $8M to retire

McD has a weird loyalty to vets often and I think Addison is a guy they will keep around and stick him in a backup LB spot and have him rush the passer in situations similar to Lorax and then let him walk after the season. 

• Disagree 1

He may have a degree of loyalty to have on the team, but doesn’t necessarily means he plays him which is what I think you were postulating.  I agree he will put out whoever he thinks gives us the best chance.

He did bench a healthy Morse last year.  That was a statement and Morse heard the message.

Consodering there is no economic value to cutting him, my guess is he’ll work his way into a backup role.  Just a guess.  I do think he’ll put Hughes back where he is most comfortable.

14 hours ago, wppete said:

Boogie was dominate against the Bears.

Pet peeve — when people don’t use “dominant” correctly.

In other news — Baldy is great, and we have lots to be excited about with the influx of talent on the D line (even if Chicago’s OL sucks).

• Vomit 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am interested by the speculation the Chiefs want to use Chris Jones on the edge more. If they did that against us I would think it plays into our hands a bit because our tackles are better pass protectors than our guards. Ike / Cody / Mongo in pass pro vs the Chiefs remains a concern to me.

If they do that it won't be against a team like us. Our Ts are way better than our Gs. Andy Reid is not gunna play into our strengths 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We haven't had a DL draft pick develop into a top player since Kyle Williams. Dareus was the closest but rapidly regressed. 

Developing DL draft picks into top players is the final piece to a Super Bowl. 

Yea Dareus got there.... but only for about 2 seasons under Marrone and Pettine/Schwartz. He is only 31. If he had his head screwed on right he could have still been a force on the Bills interior even today. Such a waste. 

Hopefully Ed takes another step with his consistency this year (because when he has been good he has been really good) and Rousseau has a top rookie year. If both those happen the Bills are the most complete team in football without a doubt IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Dareus got there.... but only for about 2 seasons under Marrone and Pettine/Schwartz. He is only 31. If he had his head screwed on right he could have still been a force on the Bills interior even today. Such a waste. 

Hopefully Ed takes another step with his consistency this year (because when he has been good he has been really good) and Rousseau has a top rookie year. If both those happen the Bills are the most complete team in football without a doubt IMO. 

The forgotten man, Epenesa. I see so much Aaron Schobel in him. I think out of Oliver, Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa someone will emerge. The coaching staff is just too good around them. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The forgotten man, Epenesa. I see so much Aaron Schobel in him. I think out of Oliver, Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa someone will emerge. The coaching staff is just too good around them. 

Yea AJ and to a lesser extent Boogie too. Just think Ed and Greg are the two most talented.

6 hours ago, eball said:

Pet peeve — when people don’t use “dominant” correctly.

In other news — Baldy is great, and we have lots to be excited about with the influx of talent on the D line (even if Chicago’s OL sucks).

spelling police 👮‍♂️ 🚨 

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The only way Addison starts the season is loyalty. Rousseau should be out there for me. Sure still rotate Addison in some but Greg would start.

Addison is solid 3 down guy so let Rousseau come in on passing downs to give him a breather early in year.   I see a ton of rotation this year and even moving some of the DEs inside on 3rd and long. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Addison is solid 3 down guy so let Rousseau come in on passing downs to give him a breather early in year.   I see a ton of rotation this year and even moving some of the DEs inside on 3rd and long. 

By solid do you mean slow?

• Haha (+1) 2

This DL is going to be amazing!

Growth, Boogie and Epenesa should all make a huge difference. Oliver should have a breakout year because of all the talent now around him.

They're so versatile as well.  

Add in Hughes ,Addison and we're Loaded!

I predict that Rousseau and Epinesa will be the starters going forward. I've long supported Hughes, but I wonder if they would trade him for a CB or TE or G. Then again, they might not want to move him at the risk of upsetting the other players. 

3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I predict that Rousseau and Epinesa will be the starters going forward. I've long supported Hughes, but I wonder if they would trade him for a CB or TE or G. Then again, they might not want to move him at the risk of upsetting the other players. 

I mean again if Hughes and Addison were vulnerable they'd actually of been out there competing in the last two preseason games.

• Agree 1