Bills team affected by COVID but this board won't allow us to talk about it?

My only interest in all of this is which players are going to be subject to any restrictions and when they are coming off restriction.

I'm kind of hoping that info could be put into the locked/pinned Covid Thread.

I know the mods would have to do that and I'm not sure they want to.  @SDS

I just think having a running (normally locked) thread with this info would be helpful to most of us.

The rest I can live without.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Agree 1

Regardless of where the discussion goes we should be able to discuss this because it directly affects the team. If posters can’t follow the rules in those topics they should be punished. I don’t see anything wrong with that at all. But it is either burying your head in the sand or simply saving work for the mods to not be able to discuss this and it’s just doing all of us a disservice. Modding is a tough job and I do not envy those that have it. But in my opinion the moderation has gone too far. For whatever it’s worth.

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Ultimately, talk of Bills players will always turn into a discussion of broader COVID policies which SDS and the mods have repeatedly said they do not want.

there are places to talk about these policies. Fewer everyday but they still exist. 

maybe make a PPP Bills Covid topic 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Regardless of where the discussion goes we should be able to discuss this because it directly affects the team. If posters can’t follow the rules in those topics they should be punished. I don’t see anything wrong with that at all. But it is either burying your head in the sand or simply saving work for the mods to not be able to discuss this and it’s just doing all of us a disservice. Modding is a tough job and I do not envy those that have it. But in my opinion the moderation has gone too far.For whatever it’s worthFor whatever it’s worth

I agree.  Please read my post above yours and "like" it if you want.  It's the only way I know of a compromise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

It’s the internet. There are going to be people who intentionally or not will try and cause issues, just like the post you quoted. 

And when they do, they get they thread shut down.

Dont blame the mods, blame the posters who cant keep the conversation focused.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Regardless of where the discussion goes we should be able to discuss this because it directly affects the team. If posters can’t follow the rules in those topics they should be punished. I don’t see anything wrong with that at all. But it is either burying your head in the sand or simply saving work for the mods to not be able to discuss this and it’s just doing all of us a disservice. Modding is a tough job and I do not envy those that have it. But in my opinion the moderation has gone too far. For whatever it’s worth.

The problem is posters on this board have shown over and over again that they can't do this.  If those that run the board have decided it's too much of headache trying to manage it, then that's that.  If you don't like it you can find another board or start your own.

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As others said stay on topic and it’s usually not an issue. Let’s be real here. 
We all have a “side” on all of this. There’s always a bias and it never stays respectful. The mods have every right to shut things down, who wants to deal with all that nonsense and misinformation given and etc etc etc 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And when they do, they get they thread shut down.

Dont blame the mods, blame the posters who cant keep the conversation focused.

I understand this argument, but the problem is that it's not clear what's out of bounds and what's not, what is "focused" and what's not.  We're going to be hearing a lot about covid, vaccinations, and the NFL's protocols all season because it is going to have a major impact on this season, and it doesn't make much sense to just prohibit all discussion of it. I've yet to see a covid-related football thread that has not been shut down and I think that's unfortunate.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What's going on here. Anytime I mention anything about COVID after it directly affects the team I get hit with punishment from the moderators. 

Why can't we talk about it when there is a direct link to the Bills? 

👎

We should be able to talk about it, but people apparently can't refrain from broadening the discussion into the political, or into general discussion of vaccine effectiveness, insulting players who don't want to get vaccinated as "idiots", etc etc etc.

So after a while when the mods run out of energy to keep it on track and limited to football, 🔒 time

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I understand this argument, but the problem is that it's not clear what's out of bounds and what's not, what is "focused" and what's not.  We're going to be hearing a lot about covid, vaccinations, and the NFL's protocols all season because it is going to have a major impact on this season, and it doesn't make much sense to just prohibit all discussion of it. I've yet to see a covid-related football thread that has not been shut down and I think that's unfortunate.  

I dont know. I think its pretty clear. Dont inject opinions.

If you want to discuss their availability and what that means for the team, great. If you want to discuss what idiots they are because the vaccine is safe, or that you stand by them because they are standing up to the 5G Overlords, that is out of bounds.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The mods are getting slightly overzealous.

By what standard?  And how would you know?  You don't see what we prune, or the branches that typically result from some of the more innocuous stuff we prune (we prune because we've Seen That Movie Before and know where it'll likely go)

SDS didn't make the decision he made lightly.  He made it because he "did the experiment" of asking us to let folks run with the political and covid discussion more than usual, last summer.  Then one of us mods came back from vacay and said "*****, what a Cesspool this formerly great Football board has become".  So he decided the experiment was Done and it was time to get back to Football and limit such talk.

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

My only interest in all of this is which players are going to be subject to any restrictions and when they are coming off restriction.

I'm kind of hoping that info could be put into the locked/pinned Covid Thread.

I know the mods would have to do that and I'm not sure they want to.  @SDS

I just think having a running (normally locked) thread with this info would be helpful to most of us.

The rest I can live without.

That's actually a reasonable ask, I think.

Lemme run it by the other guys in the Mod Corral and see what the consensus is there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2