Why not keep Kumerow

Are people sleeping on Kumerow? Seems like he's getting a lot of press, and buzz. 

Be that as it may, I certainly wouldn't agree with keeping him over Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, or McKensie-- at least at the moment. That leaves him battling for likely one remaining spot. If we don't keep him, it's because he will have been beat out by one of the other WRs. Seems like at the moment, he's right in there for competition at that spot. But, it's way too early to say with any confidence who should get it.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Are people sleeping on Kumerow? Seems like he's getting a lot of press, and buzz. 

Be that as it may, I certainly wouldn't agree with keeping him over Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, or McKensie-- at least at the moment. That leaves him battling for likely one remaining spot. If we don't keep him, it's because he will have been beat out by one of the other WRs. Seems like at the moment, he's right in there for competition at that spot. But, it's way too early to say with any confidence who should get it.

The Tanner kid seems to be doing well so far too. Will see how plays out rest of the way.

20 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

A very innocent inquiry , why not really look at Kumerow ? guy has looked good here and in Green Bay..  just a wondering. 

He looked more like WR4 or WR5 than a guy fighting for the last spot. 

There are A LOT of practices and preseason ahead but Hodgins and Stevenson look like they have a lot of catching up to do for either to edge out Kumerow.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He looked more like WR4 or WR5 than a guy fighting for the last spot. 

There are A LOT of practices and preseason ahead but Hodgins and Stevenson look like they have a lot of catching up to do for either to edge out Kumerow.

Nothing against them.. good "problem" to have 

Why not? Because you generally only keep 5-6 WR's at a time. I've seen us carry 7 once or twice, but it's not very common. Plus, this season everyone wants us to keep a 6th Defensive End and a 6th Cornerback as well. And you can't keep an extra guy at all these positions without severely hindering the 53 at depth in a number of places to make it happen. 

So long story short, which two players do you cut at WR when your roster looks like this?

Stefon Diggs

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Gabe Davis

Isaiah McKenzie

Marquez Stevenson (2021 Draft Pick)

Isaiah Hodgins (2020 Draft Pick)

Jake Kumerow

I'm a Kumerow fan. But we're so deep, it's really uphill sledding for him.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Why not? Because you generally only keep 5-6 WR's at a time. I've seen us carry 7 once or twice, but it's not very common. Plus, this season everyone wants us to keep a 6th Defensive End and a 6th Cornerback as well. And you can't keep an extra guy at all these positions without severely hindering the 53 at depth in a number of places to make it happen. 

So long story short, which two players do you cut at WR when your roster looks like this?

Stefon Diggs

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Gabe Davis

Isaiah McKenzie

Marquez Stevenson (2021 Draft Pick)

Isaiah Hodgins (2020 Draft Pick)

Jake Kumerow

I'm a Kumerow fan. But we're so deep, it's really uphill sledding for him.

Good points.  I believe there's a better chance this year for 7 WRs.  OL Brown could fill a dual role of swing tackle and TE 4 (Lee Smith's role last year).  If so, this would create an extra roster spot.  

Touch down Jesus would be a good keep, it’s good to have the Holy of holy catching passes…

If AR wants him as a pass catching option… think about that…, 

The way we use receivers in this offense…, they take a lot of wear and tear, we need good backups, look at the condition of our one thru four by the time we were in the playoffs… 

As well, and look at the highlight of the over the middle TD reception from Josh last season, I mean really, what the hell other kind of recommendation does a guy need to get the job???? 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

The day Kumerow gets a lot of reps with the 1st team offense is when you decide to make this thread? 

😂