Giants cut Kelvin Benjamin for what??

KB's side ...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31909133/receiver-kelvin-benjamin-critical-new-york-giants-coach-joe-judge-release

Clearly a Levon Bell-type situation where a player was forced down a coach's throat.  Benjamin was a huge disappointment during his Bills tenure.  Cutting him definitely seemed like the right decision.  Choosing a public forum to let him know he was being fined, then engaging in a shouting match - to me - seems pretty Bush League on Judge's part.

51 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't get how he could think the they recruited him off his couch, then simultaneously created this hoax to get him off the team. 

1. Ashton Kutcher is reviving 'Punk'd'.

2. 'To Catch a Predator' is branching out.  This week: 'Buffet liberators'

image.png.d787c80dfedc22f5bc4a14afbc510fc8.png

Gettleman:  "We eat here three times a day."

K.B.  "Looks like you eat here often."

(Thank you, Jazzy Jeff / Fresh Price of Bel Air.)

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Showed up in May weighing 265, they told him to get down to 251 for training camp, he showed up three pounds HEAVIER and claimed he “added muscle.”  Then he trashed the coaching staff on his way out the door.

Dude is an all-time LOSER.

All true.  I still have very bad feelings about him stealing money here too.  But he’s probably right about Judge.  Also WTF is Gettlemen thinking with that OL?  It might be the worst in the league.  You can’t develop a QB behind that.  

This guy will never get it. Chips were down and he blew off the team rules. His whole career was on the line and he could not lose weight? Good riddence. 

Sounds like there were other moments incidents in the spring.

You don't treat everyone equally, you treat everyone fairly. KB does not get it...never will.

Edited by RichRiderBills

28 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree he has no credibility and comes across as a child.   However, I also think the Giants have the wrong people in place to lead that team.

Yeah, you don’t have to think Benjamin is great to believe that Judge is a joke. The Giants are a mess, hence the effort to convert Benjamin to TE in the first place. 

• Agree 1

Fun days to be a NY football fan: one team’s #1 draft pick is holding out, and the other team has clowns running their organization. How bad is it, they were able to make the rest of the world have sympathy for Kelvin Benjamin. That is bad. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Fun days to be a NY football fan: one team’s #1 draft pick is holding out, and the other team has clowns running their organization. How bad is it, they were able to make the rest of the world have sympathy for Calvin Benjamin. That is bad. 

Yes, it is indeed fun to be a fan of the only NFL team located in NY!! :w00t:

• Agree 1

I still can't believe we traded a 3rd rounder for this bum.

Definitely Beane's worse move here by far but he was only a rookie GM at the time and it's not like it set us back too much given the current state of the roster and WR depth chart.

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still can't believe we traded a 3rd rounder for this bum.

Definitely Beane's worse move here by far but he was only a rookie GM at the time and it's not like it set us back too much given the current state of the roster and WR depth chart.

Yeah, one of only a few blemishes so far for Beane, but I think he was feeling kind of desperate for help at WR.  Who did we have at that point?  Zay Jones, Jordon Matthews and Deonte Thompson if I'm remembering right.  Pretty slim pickings.

1 minute ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yeah, one of only a few blemishes so far for Beane, but I think he was feeling kind of desperate for help at WR.  Who did we have at that point?  Zay Jones, Jordon Matthews and Deonte Thompson if I'm remembering right.  Pretty slim pickings.

True, it was simply calculated risk to help this team get to the playoffs when we got off to a 5-2 start with a team that both Beane and McD already admitted didn't think was that good.

Ironically Benjamin seemed to play well when Peterman was throwing the ball to him (when he wasn't throwing picks off course).

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

KB's side ...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31909133/receiver-kelvin-benjamin-critical-new-york-giants-coach-joe-judge-release

Clearly a Levon Bell-type situation where a player was forced down a coach's throat.  Benjamin was a huge disappointment during his Bills tenure.  Cutting him definitely seemed like the right decision.  Choosing a public forum to let him know he was being fined, then engaging in a shouting match - to me - seems pretty Bush League on Judge's part.

That's just Benjamin's side of things.  It's entirely possible Judge was more open to the move, and that Benjamin's preparedness and deportment during OTAs put him off - not to mention being asked to meet a weight of 251 and showing up at 268.