Giants cut Kelvin Benjamin for what??

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This account appears to be legit.

I believe KB was released, but I doubt it was for taking food home.  According to a couple pieces I read, the facility will actually provide to-go meals and protein shakes and stuff to the players, to help them maintain a diet.

Yeah, the Bills let people do that, encourage it, I believe.

Who knows about the Giants, though.

25 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, the Bills let people do that, encourage it, I believe.

Who knows about the Giants, though.

https://greenpathnews.com/nfl-sized-food-operation-keeps-bills-players-fed-season/

They feed players three meals a day at the facilities... And sometimes they are given a take-home meal 

That doesn't mean you could just take home as much food as you want all the time.. but ask the nutritionist and they will probably give you a take home meal 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, Muppy said:

The Bills gave up a lot for this guy and although he had some good plays his tenure as a Bill will be as a fat lazy bum. Fair or unfair.  If only if only if only......

Yup... possibly the laziest Bills player I've ever watched.  Mario Williams is high on the list too.

Edited by Bad Things

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Showed up in May weighing 265, they told him to get down to 251 for training camp, he showed up three pounds HEAVIER and claimed he “added muscle.”  Then he trashed the coaching staff on his way out the door.

Dude is an all-time LOSER.

i really don’t understand how the Giants could have been clearer: lose 14 pounds. That’s it. 

I feel like I've been pretty good at dodging spin when it comes to most things in life lately but I seriously don't know what to believe anymore with this. I feel like we're all being taken. So I know the food thing was trolling but was it all actually trolling? Multiple talking sports heads have cut the food bit but are still reporting that he stormed off the field after about a 10 minute argument, and the footage seems legit and to correspond with that. But it's still just a blurry clip of him walking off the field, so who knows.

Even that nj.com link shared above seems fake. It's all about being overweight and "hoaxes" and basically just run of the mill Kelvin Benjamin jokes. Is there any serious report about this out there? If that NJ.com article is it I'll take it, but it looks some 22 year old Barstool bro spun it up on Wordpress in an hour. 

Edited by Nelius

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i really don’t understand how the Giants could have been clearer: lose 14 pounds. That’s it. 

He did have a point that it's kinda weird to ask him to play tight end at a lighter weight than he played his best season as a wide out but he was wrong for not discussing that with them we they first asked him. Instead what does silly of KB do? Make the decision on his own and come into camp even heavier! Then the reason he was cut was he got pissed about the fine they told him he had to pay for not losing the weight. What an idiot!

• Agree 1

Giants:  "We said there'll be a fine if you're overweight!"

K.B.:  "You said it's fine to be overweight!"

Later that day, at the back booth at a Chick Fill Uh...

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Someone ate my 't'! Maybe K.B.? 🤔

This was a spoof.  He was simply cut as he didn’t show enough in mini camps and OTA’s.

I hope he likes Canada  as I don’t see another NFL team giving him a chance.  I have nothing against him, he’s just not talented enough anymore.

Edited by machine gun kelly

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

He did have a point that it's kinda weird to ask him to play tight end at a lighter weight than he played his best season as a wide out but he was wrong for not discussing that with them we they first asked him. Instead what does silly of KB do? Make the decision on his own and come into camp even heavier! Then the reason he was cut was he got pissed about the fine they told him he had to pay for not losing the weight. What an idiot!

These are the 2 relevant quotes.  It sounds like they asked him to lose weight - he did not and they cut him.

The biggest thing though seems to be this was a GM decision to bring him in over a coach that didn’t want him and this was the coach deciding I am showing the team who is boss.  

Guys come in overweight every year and if they pass their physical and conditioning drills - do not get immediately cut.  This reads more like a big 🍆 contest and Joe Judge wanted to show the team and GM who is in charge.  

• Agree 1

image.png.0d5e1b6077e89e7a53bc8664bcf36470.png

Gettleman: "Kelvin, we're gonna have to let you go."

Benjamin: "Is it the, uh.....food thing?"

Gettleman: "No, I wish."

Benjamin: "Then why?!"

Gettleman: "Excessive sucking..."

Judge: "What he said...and leave the burger on your way out, tubby."

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/07/kelvin-benjamin-lays-into-joe-judge-after-getting-cut-by-giants-in-training-camp-it-was-all-a-hoax.html?outputType=amp

"I don’t want to bash anyone, but I just felt like Joe has had it out to get me since I walked into that team building,” Benjamin said.

But also...

"Benjamin signed with the Giants in May after completing a rookie minicamp tryout, but said that general manager Dave Gettleman — who drafted him in the first round with the Carolina Panthers in 2014 — was the one who wanted him to join the team."

Uhhhhh wut? Don't they make these decisions together?

So the guy that wanted you on the team, got you back into the NFL after not playing since 2018, also collaborated with the guy who didn't want you, and wanted you off the team? If he had it out to get you, wouldn't he just have let you sit on the couch like you were doing?

Edited by BigDingus

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/07/kelvin-benjamin-lays-into-joe-judge-after-getting-cut-by-giants-in-training-camp-it-was-all-a-hoax.html?outputType=amp

"I don’t want to bash anyone, but I just felt like Joe has had it out to get me since I walked into that team building,” Benjamin said.

But also...

"Benjamin signed with the Giants in May after completing a rookie minicamp tryout, but said that general manager Dave Gettleman — who drafted him in the first round with the Carolina Panthers in 2014 — was the one who wanted him to join the team."

Uhhhhh wut? 

So the guy that wanted you on the team, got you back into the NFL after not playing since 2018, also didn't want you, and wanted you off the team? If he had it out to get you, wouldn't he just have let you sit on the couch like you were doing?

You are misreading the article.  He says the GM Gettleman wanted him, Joe Judge the coach did not.  Two different people.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

You are misreading the article.  He says the GM Gettleman wanted him, Joe Judge the coach did not.  Two different people.

I just edited it, I read it right but confused the two I was talking about in my comment lol 

I don't get how he could think the they recruited him off his couch, then simultaneously created this hoax to get him off the team. 

But yeah, I had responded as if they were the same person