Sunday Ticket 2021

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

is it that time again?

I opted out so I have to call 📞 and beg for discounts. 

20  years loyalty pays off 

Its time. Last year there were already offers, this year I guess I’m going to call back in august 

57 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It’s too early to call. Timing is everything. Just give it like 2-3 more weeks. 

This ☝️

Much too early for any horsetrading with DTV on ST.  Mid-August up to opening week is the sweet spot.

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buftex said:

NFL Game Pass is ideal for someone in your situation!  You wouldn't be able to join late, but you can watch the game on the app, as soon as it is over.

I have done Sunday ticket for years but I’m thinking about doing game pass this year. Many times I don’t get to watch it until after it’s over anyway.

Question for you. When you go to watch the game after it’s done, does it reveal the scores? Or, is there a way to not have them show scores if they do reveal scores?

9 hours ago, msw2112 said:

The downside of streaming (at least for me) is losing DVR capability.  I live in a western time zone and I have young kids, so often I am not able to make kickoff and need to record and watch later (all the while dodging my phone so I don't know the score and what has happened).  If you are watching in real time, the streaming option is a good one.

I hear you.  I DVR to avoid having to watch commercials and start watching a couple hours after the game starts.  I did a partial season of NBA League Pass thru Amazon this past season and didn’t like it.  Even to watch recorded games later, I couldn’t  see where I was in fast forwarding.  Had to guess on commercial breaks. Pain in the rear.  

Since I dumped DTV 9 years ago... had it for like 17 years... I've streamed all of the Bills games for free. Never missed one... get out there and do your research. No one will be knocking on your door or sending you warnings in the mail lol.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I will keep eyes peeled to this thread and any advice herein. I will purchase the Sunday ticket regardless  but a discount would be Primo.

Last years was sweet a major discount

14 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

If you schedule a cancellation date with them and hang up. You will get a call before that date happens especially if you're a long term customer. They are just betting that you've been around a while so you less likely move on. I'd call their bluff.

Not Sunday Ticket, but I tried that with my cable internet company, Spectrum (formerly Charter). I was a customer for 4-5 years. They kept increasing the price each year, but still gave me an offer.

Finally, a few years ago, I called again and they offered a small discount. I called their bluff and canceled my account. I was shocked when they did cancel with no conter-offer. 

I didn't wait for the cancelation date in a few weeks, and got nervous. So I called them back that same day and got the new rep to give me the same offer (I forgot to mention the free speed upgrade they had offered though, lol). He couldn't reinstate the old account, but gave me a new one. I ended up paying for almost a month more because of new billing dates. Maybe I should have waited, but I freaked out since there is no really good alternative other than slower AT&T U-Verse.

The next year I just took their best offer and renewed. Not worth the hassle of bluffing a cancellation over $10 a month or whatever, spending more time on the phone with a new rep, ending up paying a month extra, and the added stress, at least not when there is no good alternative.

Edited by chongli

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I have done Sunday ticket for years but I’m thinking about doing game pass this year. Many times I don’t get to watch it until after it’s over anyway.

Question for you. When you go to watch the game after it’s done, does it reveal the scores? Or, is there a way to not have them show scores if they do reveal scores?

There is a setting on Game Pass to hide scores.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

If you schedule a cancellation date with them and hang up. You will get a call before that date happens especially if you're a long term customer. They are just betting that you've been around a while so you less likely move on. I'd call their bluff.

Did that two years ago got ST free, 100$ off for 12 months and a 250 visa gift card 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Direct TV contract runs out after 2022. If I'm the NFL, I just let any cable company offer Sunday ticket to their customers, as well as offer it myself through streaming. They would make a killing. 

Lets hope that happens. Direct TV sucks 

19 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Direct TV contract runs out after 2022. If I'm the NFL, I just let any cable company offer Sunday ticket to their customers, as well as offer it myself through streaming. They would make a killing. 

If it would be possible, the NFL should just offer it through their NFL App and not going through a cable provider at all.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If it would be possible, the NFL should just offer it through their NFL App and not going through a cable provider at all.

actually the coolest thing they could do if offer ST via streaming and you choose network announcers or team announcers you want to hear.    very doable technology !   Y=Its one of the great things about MBL and NHL is you get to choose the broadcast ya want!

12 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

There is a toggle to hide scores. It’s always an apprehensive struggle for me to stay away from the score if unable to watch live, I swear, I can tell by the look of anyone’s face (that knows me) if the Bills are doing good or not. 

Best experience was last season for the Rams game. We were out of town for a kiddo soccer tournament, I managed to stay away from the score the entire day. 

The entire family had strict instructions, DON’T TELL ME A THING.

They watched me watch the game (they knowing the outcome), enduring the entire roller coaster (to include being pretty upset at the Bills before the final drive and later erupting in the win). 

I said, “You and you! How could you let me go through that?”

Them: YOU said not to say anything 😂

Me: Oh, good job!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I've done this 2 years in a row and, although I haven't gotten a Sunday Ticket discount, I've received $90 off my bill for 12 months.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

We seem to get screwed on almost anything digital in Canada on pricing but here’s one where we do well.  We get it on a sports service like Netflix called DAZN.  I think it’s around $20 a month, and first month is free.  I did 4 months last year, cuz all the playoffs are on tv anyways - so with the free month is around $60 Canadian which is about $5 US with our lousy currency!  Or maybe $45-$50.

• Like (+1) 1