Sunday Ticket 2021

I called Directv and spoke with someone in the cancellation area who told me there are no offers for Sunday Ticket at this time. Mine is going to auto-renew but hoping for a discount of some kind. If you made your call, post your deal if you got one. Thanks! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

if you have a kid in college it is 1/3 the price under their name.

I do not but four years from now I will… that should make up for the 100k in tuition 🤪

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

Is that for the regular Sunday ticket? Or just the online version? 

Both. If you have a smart TV (or a Fire Stick or equivalent) you just download the Sunday Ticket app on the TV and it looks and feels just like Sunday Ticket on your TV.

OR... you could also log in and watch online on a standard computer... OR through the same app on your phone or tablet.

• Like (+1) 1

The downside of streaming (at least for me) is losing DVR capability.  I live in a western time zone and I have young kids, so often I am not able to make kickoff and need to record and watch later (all the while dodging my phone so I don't know the score and what has happened).  If you are watching in real time, the streaming option is a good one.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Outside of DirecTV does anyone know if a streaming service is going to carry the Ticket this year?  I very badly want to do away with Cable or Dish. 

You can stream through PlayStation. Not sure if that is an option for everyone. It’s like 280 last I remember. 

I called as well and received that there was no offers available.  I could go the college streaming route, but without DVR capability (we typically have baseball on Sundays) would be a deal breaker.  I think it was $293 when I was quoted to go through Directv.  

If you schedule a cancellation date with them and hang up. You will get a call before that date happens especially if you're a long term customer. They are just betting that you've been around a while so you less likely move on. I'd call their bluff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Both. If you have a smart TV (or a Fire Stick or equivalent) you just download the Sunday Ticket app on the TV and it looks and feels just like Sunday Ticket on your TV.

OR... you could also log in and watch online on a standard computer... OR through the same app on your phone or tablet.

Ya I get that, but I don’t have killer internet where I live, tends to let me down from time to time, I pay for the satellite Sunday ticket every year and recently my wife went back to college, was hoping to cash in on that 😝

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

The downside of streaming (at least for me) is losing DVR capability.  I live in a western time zone and I have young kids, so often I am not able to make kickoff and need to record and watch later (all the while dodging my phone so I don't know the score and what has happened).  If you are watching in real time, the streaming option is a good one.

Yeah, but..

Going For you is how good the Bills are and how likely they’ll be good for at least a few years. A big handful of their games were re-broadcast by NFLN later in the week. You won’t miss many games you want to keep. 👍

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

NFL Game Pass is ideal for someone in your situation!  You wouldn't be able to join late, but you can watch the game on the app, as soon as it is over.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, but..

Going For you is how good the Bills are and how likely they’ll be good for at least a few years. A big handful of their games were re-broadcast by NFLN later in the week. You won’t miss many games you want to keep. 👍

But the counter to that is being good, they'll have more games broadcast as the double header game coast to coast, Sunday and Monday night, plus maybe a late Saturday game.  Depending where you live if the closest local team isn't in the AFC, a couple of 1:00 Bills games may also be on local TV

Few years back a friend of mine was a Steelers fan, lived here in NC and had DTV for ST.  One year he counted 11 of their 16 games he could watch over the air, so bagged it the following year.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Outside of DirecTV does anyone know if a streaming service is going to carry the Ticket this year?  I very badly want to do away with Cable or Dish. 

There are always the illegal streaming sites available.  A friend of mine tells me the quality and reliability of them has become  quite good.

True story, last year wanted to watch a SU football game (why, yeah I don't know) that wasn't on local TV so found it on one of these illegal sites.  After about a half hour remembered I have the ACC network so could legally watch it so switched over.  The video quality was better on the illegal stream.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I called Directv and spoke with someone in the cancellation area who told me there are no offers for Sunday Ticket at this time. Mine is going to auto-renew but hoping for a discount of some kind. If you made your call, post your deal if you got one. Thanks! 

is it that time again?

I opted out so I have to call 📞 and beg for discounts. 

20  years loyalty pays off