Sunday Ticket 2021

3 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I was a customer over a decade and on auto-pay, contract renewal always up late summer. I used this method every year.  As soon as AT&T took over it stopped working for me.  

Interesting, haven't had the same experience yet but overall DTV has declined since being owned by ATT which is probably why the rumors are still flying that ATT is trying to offload them especially since many more customers will jump ship once Sunday Ticket is gone. That's the only reason I've stuck with them for some many years.

17 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It’s actually with Scott Hanson. Thought I’d miss Andrew but I don’t even notice. 

Had that last year for a few games.  Prefer AS.  Thought the game coverage was a little better also.

TBH, outside of watching the Bills games and a few night games, RZ is all I watch.  Much rather watch all the better plays on any Sunday than full games on local channels.

I've had my DTV service suspended for several months now and have been going with Roku streaming content in the meantime.  To my surprise I don't miss DTV content at all.  Will be interesting to see if that approach helps me or hurts with the upcoming Sunday Ticket negotiations.

• Like (+1) 1

As I said earlier in the thread, I canceled and then they called to offer me a 12-month discount, so I re-upped. No mention of Sunday Ticket though, and I didn't have it last year. Yet, to my delight, I get my bill today and see this:

It looks like they've comped me Sunday Ticket Max without telling me!

received_537616237691185.webp received_340512124289064.webp

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

$293.00 for those who don't have DirectTV.  $395.00 if you want Sunday Ticket Max.

https://nflst.directv.com/

So I just used this link and when I type in my own actual address it come back not eligible at this address.  I then even typed the address of a nursing home and got the same results, not eligible.  There's also a little pop up next to the address that states "Address must match your payment method"  I've tried it also on more than one device with same results.

I keep reading here how anyone can now get ST without DTV, but every time I've ever tried I get the same results.  So someone, please tell me what the issue is or send me an address that will work.  As far as I can tell nothing has changed and this is still only available for people who can't receive a satellite signal.  Even there I don't understand why a nursing home isn't eligible.  It also looks like they added this statement of "Address must match your payment method" as never saw that prior.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I just used this link and when I type in my own actual address it come back not eligible at this address.  I then even typed the address of a nursing home and got the same results, not eligible.  There's also a little pop up next to the address that states "Address must match your payment method"  I've tried it also on more than one device with same results.

I keep reading here how anyone can now get ST without DTV, but every time I've ever tried I get the same results.  So someone, please tell me what the issue is or send me an address that will work.  As far as I can tell nothing has changed and this is still only available for people who can't receive a satellite signal.  Even there I don't understand why a nursing home isn't eligible.  It also looks like they added this statement of "Address must match your payment method" as never saw that prior.

Hmmm….it’s letting me order it and I’m in a townhouse that allows DTV.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Hmmm….it’s letting me order it and I’m in a townhouse that allows DTV.

My own address is a new within 2 years constructed building so there was never a DTV subscription at this location and no way they'd know whether it is or isn't possible to get reception here.  But states Not eligible.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I just put in my address and says not eligible but than again I Have DTV.  I put in address of neighbor worked just fine however didn’t sign up 

On 7/29/2021 at 5:48 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Interesting, haven't had the same experience yet but overall DTV has declined since being owned by ATT which is probably why the rumors are still flying that ATT is trying to offload them especially since many more customers will jump ship once Sunday Ticket is gone. That's the only reason I've stuck with them for some many years.

ATT sold off a big chunk of DTV already in the spring. The deal structure put an enterprise value of DTV at $16B, ATT paid $64B for it 5 years ago. Suffice is to say dude who engineered that deal is no longer at ATT.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/25/att-to-spin-off-directv-att-tv-now-and-u-verse-into-new-company.html

And losing Sunday ticket is a drop int he bucket in losing customers as compared to what streaming is doing to them. DTV is a hardware intensive business at both ends...delivering and receiving the content. I pay less for the same channels right now on youtube tv than i paid just for equipment on DTV. AND, both my kids get it in their  houses as family members for free. 

Now, i have kids in college and its how i have gotten Sunday Ticket last two years...and ST will be something new withing two years so I am all good.

Has anyone tried canceling your DTV by saying you’ve sold your house, and then call back the next week using a new name saying you’re the new owner at that address and just moved in, will they offer you the Ticket free with your new enrollment? 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can you call to try and enroll?

The code:

TEAMHUDDLE worked for me again this year for 20% off. I paid just under 150 including taxes and including gamepass! This is using the Sunday Ticket U option.

Remember it's not just college "kids", my friend who is getting his MBA university email address worked!

Edited by letsgoteam

you could try the I am moving routine and they may give ya huge incentives to subscribe at new address.   Once day of your "move" approaches call and notify them contract fell thru.   I think this worked for someone a few years back.   What work for me was saying cancel and telling agent I was cancelling and the agent started the cancel process and assured me that she needed to transfer me to another group after labeled account cancel.  Got to other group and got lots of discounts, gift cards etc.   Its all about playing the game and sometimes the game you win and other times ya end up paying for ST and get Max thrown in for free.