It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

Heard something interesting today...similar to what should have happened with the stimmy checks if Uncle Joe cared more about the vax than votes.

No more federal aid of any kind...SS, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Rent Assistance, Public Housing, Student Loan forgiveness...all of it suspended until you show proof of vaccination.

I mean if Uncle Joe wants to take peoples money  away if they are not vaxed via employer mandate, why not the constituency that makes their money off the federal government?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Heard something interesting today...similar to what should have happened with the stimmy checks if Uncle Joe cared more about the vax than votes.

No more federal aid of any kind...SS, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Rent Assistance, Public Housing, Student Loan forgiveness...all of it suspended until you show proof of vaccination.

I mean if Uncle Joe wants to take peoples money  away if they are not vaxed via employer mandate, why not the constituency that makes their money off the federal government?

Because he can’t. Just like the many other things he’s tried but doesn’t have the authority to do. 

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That would be the end of the Democratic party right there. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Interesting, and spot on.  When Biden came up with 100+ employer group jamborama plan, it was obvious he was avoiding any potential issues with folks dependent on the govt having to vaccinate.  

It’s yet another reason people are distrustful of leadership and see a disconnect about what is said v what is actually done. 

It’s like his management team looked at every crappy product roll out from The Edsel to New Coke and followed that exact plan for his Pandemic Brand Management platform. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep.

We can force you to choose between vaccine and your job.....health insurance taken away (they're trying - or raise your rates)...

But take away government assistance?  

Nope 

Close the Mexican border like Canada essentially has?

Nope

This isn't about "ending" the pandemic 

It's about pro longing it.  And they're going to be able to because we have people that think we can control the Earth's temperature to an "optimal" one.  

People have no clue how bad this is going to be.   

Also...

Screenshot_20210812-233655_Gallery.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Cole Beasley likely got covid from vaxxed players...now, he is being punished for 10 days, while those same vaxxed players, who gave it to him, can play as soon as they test negative...

I will never comply so long as the insane are running the asylum...😉

I made a comment in that Cole thread on TBD which was immediately removed without comment. 

It was essentially the following:
Cole Beasley is selfish - period.  If the Bills were 100% vaccinated like the Sabres, the Bills would not be experiencing these issues. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

I made a comment in that Cole thread on TBD which was immediately removed without comment. 

It was essentially the following:
Cole Beasley is selfish - period.  If the Bills were 100% vaccinated like the Sabres, the Bills would not be experiencing these issues. 

I hear ya...same happened to me, except I was also suspended for the rest of the day...😂

While I appreciate and respect your post, I also respect those players or fans who feel some issues are bigger than football...👍

• Like (+1) 2

It seems to me that the NFL has made this way too complicated. Covid's been around for all of last season, and the vaccines have been around since well before the start of this season. If they wanted to, they could've just said (well in advance) that a condition of employment in 2021 was that players/coaches/staff must all be vaccinated.  Then, players could have opted out, like Star did last year before there was a vaccine. Sound crazy?  It shouldn't. I'm pretty sure that players get a new list of supplements every year that they cannot take, much of which is for their, and their opponents safety. This would be the inverse, with the NFL telling them a 'supplement' that they have to take for their, and their opponents safety.

Instead, Goodell screwed this up, just like everything else he's touched.  Teams should not be in a position of not knowing who's going to be 'allowed' to play on a weekly basis.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Don't tempt karma...

Maybe you missed this up thread:

The same CDC Director who said this last year:

Vaccinated people do not carry the virus — they don’t get sick,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Tuesday. That’s “not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data.”

LMAO!!!

She also advocated for Pfizer vaccine previously…….but oops, we do not recommend it anymore. 

There’s a laundry list of errors coming out of her mouth on a continual basis. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Maybe you missed this up thread:

The same CDC Director who said this last year:

Vaccinated people do not carry the virus — they don’t get sick,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Tuesday. That’s “not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data.”

LMAO!!!

She also advocated for Pfizer vaccine previously…….but oops, we do not recommend it anymore. 

There’s a laundry list of errors coming out of her mouth on a continual basis. 

And yet there is almost universal "proper" covid information 

The sources of the information have been wrong and lying since day 1.

Everyone knows this. 

Yet there is still "proper" covid information and the rest is censored.   

Let that all sink in.   

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Going to have to double mask

Screenshot_20211223-165426_Chrome.jpg

Why are we still counting?

You know how ridiculous this is to still be counting?  

I guess you can't be scared without the cases! 

More testing = more cases but don't expect to see a corresponding increase in hospitalizations and deaths with Omicron.  NYC says Time Square New Year's Eve festivities are still a go with a more limited crowd of 15K in the corral where all participants must be fully vaccinated and masked along with being required to demonstrate they can hold their breath for 3 1/2 hours.

Boy, is this ever shocking. In 60’years, I have never seen a bigger sham … when the hell did we as people lose our freaking common sense to say “ hey, ya know what, there is a massive conflict here, and we are going to appoint an independent panel to decide through research if we need more freaking shots, not the guys who LTIPs are going to pay tens of millions in bonuses”

is that really a controversial statement now? Are we to believe Pfizer and Moderna at all costs? Never question them, especially when they have zero litigation risk? 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Boy, is this ever shocking. In 60’years, I have never seen a bigger sham … when the hell did we as people lose our freaking common sense to say “ hey, ya know what, there is a massive conflict here, and we are going to appoint an independent panel to decide through research if we need more freaking shots, not the guys who LTIPs are going to pay tens of millions in bonuses”

is that really a controversial statement now? Are we to believe Pfizer and Moderna at all costs? Never question them, especially when they have zero litigation risk? 

This is the dumbest most terrified easily duped filled group of humans to ever walk the earth.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just checking back in with an anecdotal update: numerous friends, coworkers, and family members have contracted Covid within the past week. I’m going to guess it’s the new strain. None of them have experienced anything more than a mild fever for a day or two. Most are vaccinated but some are not. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just checking back in with an anecdotal update: numerous friends, coworkers, and family members have contracted Covid within the past week. I’m going to guess it’s the new strain. None of them have experienced anything more than a mild fever for a day or two. Most are vaccinated but some are not. 

Here the State has reported record case levels over 15K where the previous Delta wave highs were in the 6K range.  But I personally do not know of a single person that has tested positive.  But I did feel like crap last week for a couple days, however, I didn't bother getting tested.  What for?  What are they going to do for me?  Tell me to stay home and stay away from public places and if I feel worse call the doctor.  I already figured that out for myself.  Today all is well.  

As viruses go, Omicron looks like its arriving right on time with its higher infection rate and, so far, less lethal nature.  My guess is this is the beginning of the end of the COVID pandemic phase which is great news for almost every person on the planet.  But for mandate advocates, not so much.

2 million out of 2.3 million are vaccinated in NOVA - and I can assure you, mask compliance in Fairfax County has probably been over 90% the last 6 plus weeks - it has mask mandates most everywhere anyway.   

Hospitalizations remain 38% lower then Christmas Eve last year.

But since it's not about slowing the spread (it never was) it doesn't matter:

Northern Virginia sets new record highs for COVID-19 cases

The number of new COVID-19 cases in Northern Virginia has tripled this week, reaching their highest level of the pandemic and exceeding the prior peak in January, according to new data Friday from the Virginia Department of Health. 

The sharp rise in cases over the past week resembles the surges seen in South Africa, New York city and elsewhere where the Omicron variant has been spreading. The health department reports only three confirmed cases of Omicron in the region, but testing for variants takes several weeks.  

Northern Virginia has again become the epicenter of COVID-19 in the state, accounting for 42.7% of all cases statewide over the past week, a level not seen since the first few months of the pandemic.

The Omicron variant is considered to be more transmissable than the Delta variant -- which was predominant in the late summer and early fall -- but initial reports are that cases are generally less severe....

To date that appears to be holding in Virginia.  Statewide, hospitalizations rose just 12% this week and are 38.7% below the number on Christmas Eve 2020, even though statewide cases are 29.2% ahead of this time last year. As of Friday, 1,579 patients were hospitalized statewide for treatment of COVID-19. 

https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/northern-virginia-sets-new-record-highs-for-covid-19-cases/article_29e1d912-64d4-11ec-837b-77f18c61dd98.html?utm_source=insidenova.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Fbreaking-news%2F%3F-dc%3D1640366387&utm_medium=email&utm_content=read more

Edited by Big Blitz

Just read that a 100% vaccinated naval ship is too crippled by Covid to be active. I am curious how sick they are- are they really sick or all just like my son who had a light cold last week? If they can work and are not among high risk people get them working.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Just read that a 100% vaccinated naval ship is too crippled by Covid to be active. I am curious how sick they are- are they really sick or all just like my son who had a light cold last week? If they can work and are not among high risk people get them working.

Too many people will refuse to live, you know....back to normal - where you don't have to tell your boss you have a stuffy nose and your co workers won't "turn you in" if you do.....but that's the only way to move forward.  Nothing else to do.  

It's really that simple.  That's how this ends right now - we live with it. 

But the politicians figured out (thanks to coercion of business and an ever complying public), as long as enough are scared they control this indefinitely.  

That's the society we have.  If enough people feel scared at work, scared at school, they will mandate and initiate protocols that make back to life as normal impossible. 

Case in point - this Christmas.  Flu season has shutdown 1000s of flights.  Canceled family plans.    

They've moved to shots every 90 days now.   

Ask yourselves if 1 year ago you were told that by January 2022, that's what we'd be facing.  3 or even 4 shots and every 90 days and you'll still be in masks - OUTSIDE now!  Would that have been acceptable to anybody?  Did that sound like what we signed up for?    

Follow the virus.  Not the news.  It's a f...ing cold.  Look at the data.  Get over yourself.  Understand math.  And if you're vaccinated, take off your face diaper they are also now flat out telling you never worked.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We tried to keep off Covid last night, could not. Amazing to me 3 of my relatives insist the point of the vaccine as NEVER EVER to prevent transmission,the whole time it was just so that when you inevitably got Covid, your symptoms would not be as bad. 

even showing them Fauci and Walensky (sp) saying the exact opposite they insist the message has been the same from day 1 of the vaccines.

fascinating study in human behavior. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

We tried to keep off Covid last night, could not. Amazing to me 3 of my relatives insist the point of the vaccine as NEVER EVER to prevent transition , the whole time it was just so that when you inevitably got Covid, your symptoms would not be as bad. 

even showing them Fauci and Walensky (sp) saying the exact opposite they insist the message has been the same from day 1 of the vaccines.

It’s impossible to stay away from COVID talk. My 7 year daughter has a slight cough and runny nose, and if it was 2019 nobody would say a word. But because this is 2021, I spent all day Thursday trying to find a test for her because we just wanted to be sure she was good to go and nobody has to worry. 

After hours of calls and driving around, we finally got her tested and of course she was negative. But we spent all day to get results so everyone else was comfortable. Again, in 2019 there wouldn’t been any concern and nobody would care about a slight cough. 

Then, in the midst of my driving all over town, I thought to myself, “I thought Bidens executive order for vaccine mandates also included tests being stocked at all Walgreens, Walmart, etc and at cost.” Yeah right, that didn’t happen. So I started wondering, if he couldn’t hold up his end of his own COVID plan, why should anyone else hold up their end and get vaccinated against their will? 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

We tried to keep off Covid last night, could not. Amazing to me 3 of my relatives insist the point of the vaccine as NEVER EVER to prevent transmission,the whole time it was just so that when you inevitably got Covid, your symptoms would not be as bad. 

I don't know where you live but if a person destroys their own life willingly for 12-18 months for a "cause" then they will do whatever they must mentally in order to justify those actions. I have still heard people say Sweden was wrong to not lock down despite there numbers being better than ours by a wide margin.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have still heard people say Sweden was wrong to not lock down despite there numbers being better than ours by a wide margin.

A year and a half after Sweden decided not to lock down, its COVID-19 death rate is up to 10 times higher than its neighbors

Plus, Sweden's economy still shrank 8.6% from April to June of last year — its largest quarterly fall in at least 40 years. By comparison, Denmark's economy shrank 7.4% during that time, Norway's 5.1%, and Finland's just 3.2%. (None of these economies shrank by more than 4% over the course of 2020, though.)

Sweden's unemployment rate also rose from 6.6% in March 2020 to 9.5% in March 2021. Norway, Denmark, and Finland all saw unemployment rise by smaller margins: around one percentage point, on average.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-covid-no-lockdown-strategy-failed-higher-death-rate-2021-8

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

A year and a half after Sweden decided not to lock down, its COVID-19 death rate is up to 10 times higher than its neighbors

Plus, Sweden's economy still shrank 8.6% from April to June of last year — its largest quarterly fall in at least 40 years. By comparison, Denmark's economy shrank 7.4% during that time, Norway's 5.1%, and Finland's just 3.2%. (None of these economies shrank by more than 4% over the course of 2020, though.)

Sweden's unemployment rate also rose from 6.6% in March 2020 to 9.5% in March 2021. Norway, Denmark, and Finland all saw unemployment rise by smaller margins: around one percentage point, on average.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-covid-no-lockdown-strategy-failed-higher-death-rate-2021-8

The death rate in Sweden is still less than the US. Your comparison is built to cherry pick the numbers and reinforces my point of people will find a way to justify their decision. 

Please look at the two graphs in these links to realize that the person writing your article knew Sweden bounced back quickly and that Finland did not, even with Finland having a much lower bar to reach due to having one of the lowest workforce participation rates in Europe.

https://tradingeconomics.com/finland/gdp-growth-annual 

https://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/gdp-growth#:~:text=GDP Growth Rate in Sweden is expected to be 0.80,according to our econometric models.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Too many people will refuse to live, you know....back to normal - where you don't have to tell your boss you have a stuffy nose and your co workers won't "turn you in" if you do.....but that's the only way to move forward.  Nothing else to do.  

It's really that simple.  That's how this ends right now - we live with it. 

But the politicians figured out (thanks to coercion of business and an ever complying public), as long as enough are scared they control this indefinitely.  

That's the society we have.  If enough people feel scared at work, scared at school, they will mandate and initiate protocols that make back to life as normal impossible. 

Case in point - this Christmas.  Flu season has shutdown 1000s of flights.  Canceled family plans.    

They've moved to shots every 90 days now.   

Ask yourselves if 1 year ago you were told that by January 2022, that's what we'd be facing.  3 or even 4 shots and every 90 days and you'll still be in masks - OUTSIDE now!  Would that have been acceptable to anybody?  Did that sound like what we signed up for?    

Follow the virus.  Not the news.  It's a f...ing cold.  Look at the data.  Get over yourself.  Understand math.  And if you're vaccinated, take off your face diaper they are also now flat out telling you never worked.  

First cold in history to kill almost 5 million.

This one is especially for @Sundancer who told me I did not understand the math. Apparently the vaccine is even less effective more quickly than I had thought. It is weird how literally everything he predicted has been wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/24/millions-more-australians-to-be-eligible-for-covid-booster-as-interval-reduced-to-four-months

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The death rate in Sweden is still less than the US. Your comparison is built to cherry pick the numbers and reinforces my point of people will find a way to justify their decision. 

Please look at the two graphs in these links to realize that the person writing your article knew Sweden bounced back quickly and that Finland did not, even with Finland having a much lower bar to reach due to having one of the lowest workforce participation rates in Europe.

https://tradingeconomics.com/finland/gdp-growth-annual 

https://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/gdp-growth#:~:text=GDP Growth Rate in Sweden is expected to be 0.80,according to our econometric models.

Sweden and the US are night and day , climate , massive foreign visitors , population.  It is more accurate to compare them to their neighbors.