It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So your argument is that to prevent a small number of long term lung infections you are ok with the high suicide rate in teens? Kids need mental health help and the adults that are making children responsible for saving the old people are causing it. 

There was never going to be a one size fits all fix but yeah, I’d be ok with a few suicides as opposed to wrecking millions of children’s lungs and who knows what else.

When your kids become adults and have serious damage to their bodies, are you going to tell them it was for their own good because you were worried about their mental health from missing a little school and soccer practice?

I can work on the kid’s depression and anxiety at a later time. What I CAN’T do is get him new set of lungs when he’s 40.

Edited by Governor

43 minutes ago, Governor said:

There was never going to be a one size fits all fix but yeah, I’d be ok with a few suicides as opposed to wrecking millions of children’s lungs and who knows what else.

When your kids become adults and have serious damage to their bodies, are you going to tell them it was for their own good because you were worried about their mental health from missing a little school and soccer practice?

I can work on the kid’s depression and anxiety at a later time. What I CAN’T do is get him new set of lungs when he’s 40.

Millions of children's lungs?

Omg.  

Been 2 years.  Where are the mass lung failures among kids under 18?

Can't find em?  I can find millions of depressions.......and 1000s of those that turned suicidal.  

The kids will be fine!  Resilient!

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Millions of children's lungs?

Omg.  

Been 2 years.  Where are the mass lung failures among kids under 18?

Can't find em?  I can find millions of depressions.......and 1000s of those that turned suicidal.  

The kids will be fine!  Resilient!

It just isn’t a realistic argument to make with this many unknowns still out there. Is there any reason to believe that we won’t get some bad news about the long term effects of the virus in 2 years from now?

Like Irv said, the data is always changing.

My kid certainly wouldn’t be attending a Florida school right now, or since March 2020. 

I wouldn’t want to explain that poor decision to my kid. No thanks!

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

It just isn’t a realistic argument to make with this many unknowns still out there. Is there any reason to believe that we won’t get some bad news about the long term effects of the virus in 2 years from now?

My kid certainly wouldn’t be attending a Florida school right now, or since March 2020. 

Fascinating.

Some feel the same way about the vaccine.  

Good luck in your bunker.  

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Fascinating.

If the kids are as resilient as you say, they can certainly handle a little depression and anxiety from not attending school until they can be vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Governor said:

Millions of kids lungs- you are either lying or stupid. There is nothing to indicate that for 99.99% of kids that they will have any long term damage, most kids have minor issues with the initial infection. Secondly you think mental issues are easier to fix than physical? I will state with almost certainty you have never dealt with the mentally ill before.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

With your paranoia, and yes that is the level you are at, it is a good thing you don't have kids. My son goes to a 4000 student school, with zero hospitalizations from COVID-19 for students. They had two suicides last year, a kid die from an auto accident but not even a hospital from Covid.  2.7 million students across the state and our peak number is 224 kids hospitalized in a two week period. 

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Fascinating.

They have successfully ruined people's minds.

3 hours ago, Governor said:

If the kids are as resilient as you say, they can certainly handle a little depression and anxiety from not attending school until they can be vaccinated.

The worst.  I'm sorry but I can't stand these people.  I don't know a single person affected by this virus directly, lucky me I guess....but I know two HS juniors who've committed suicide.  

Just stop talking

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Everything happening in Australia is by design. They'd love to try it here.

The population is entirely disarmed and protests nicely (during daylight, always in the town square) and the authority can ratchet up without a pause of hesitation.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

The worst.  I'm sorry but I can't stand these people.  I don't know a single person affected by this virus directly, lucky me I guess....but I know two HS juniors who've committed suicide.  

Just stop talking

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

Just stop talking

And what we don’t know is the long term damage we’re doing to kids when we send them to total hick schools in a place like Florida.

Is that a conversation you want to have with your kid? 

2 hours ago, TSOL said:

Alot of generations of youth have faced way worse hardship than this. MOST generations have faced hardship at least as bad as this. 

I swear to god we are so pussified in this country these days 

The only ones pussifying the situation are those that pretend we should care more about depression than internal organs being destroyed.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

With your paranoia, and yes that is the level you are at, it is a good thing you don't have kids. My son goes to a 4000 student school, with zero hospitalizations from COVID-19 for students. They had two suicides last year, a kid die from an auto accident but not even a hospital from Covid.  2.7 million students across the state and our peak number is 224 kids hospitalized in a two week period. 

What we established very early on is that parents don’t want to take any responsibility and be parents to their children. 

That apparently wasn’t part of the deal. Parents need to work, therefore their kids need to be pawned off on the state, and that can’t be disrupted because parents don’t want the kids at home.

So, let’s think of a million excuses why the kids are “safest” in school than at home during a pandemic.

I get it perfectly.

So, Irv is 100 perfect correct. The CDC screwed up. The first MAJOR screwup is when they lied to parents and said the safest place for a kid to be was in school during a pandemic.

No, the “safest” place for a kid to be is at home with their family, home schooling, playing in the woods with their sister and father, learning how to fish, setting up a tent, handing his father wrenches in the garage, etc.

Edited by Governor

13 hours ago, Big Gun said:

The Pfizer CEO declined to get his own companies shot, hmmmmmm, wonder why!

Link?

3 hours ago, TSOL said:

Alot of generations of youth have faced way worse hardship than this. MOST generations have faced hardship at least as bad as this. 

I swear to god we are so pussified in this country these days 

Masks can get itchy.  

23 minutes ago, Governor said:

What we established very early on is that parents don’t want to take any responsibility and be parents to their children. 

That apparently wasn’t part of the deal. Parents need to work, therefore their kids need to be pawned off on the state, and that can’t be disrupted because parents don’t want the kids at home.

So, let’s think of a million excuses why the kids are “safest” in school than at home during a pandemic.

I get it perfectly.

Parents taking responsibility for their kids not committing suicide is much more important than keeping  them from a a virus that has 99.99% full recovery. You make it clear often that you have no idea what it means to help children or mentally ill people.

2 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

Just stop talking

It's tragic but anecdotal.  Deaths by suicide last year dropped 5.6% compared to 2019 and was the lowest since 2015.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Governor said:

I get it perfectly.

So, Irv is 100 perfect correct. The CDC screwed up. The first MAJOR screwup is when they lied to parents and said the safest place for a kid to be was in school during a pandemic.

No, the “safest” place for a kid to be is at home with their family, home schooling, playing in the woods with their sister and father, learning how to fish, setting up a tent, handing his father wrenches in the garage, etc.

Some of us mistakenly follow the "news" for information about Covid.  

Others follow data and the virus:

"In the U.K., elementary school-age children and their teachers have been going maskless in classrooms for months, including through a wave of delta infections in the spring and summer."

There are mask requirements for middle and high school-age students, but as U.K. children return to class this month, the education minister is pledging to lift those rules soon.

Instead of an emphasis on masks, the country has relied on rapid testing and quarantining. The government’s scientific advisers argue it’s worked.

https://www.10news.com/news/in-depth/in-depth-young-kids-in-the-u-k-dont-wear-masks-at-school

Edited by Big Blitz