It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

"If you have the vaccine you can still spread the virus."  That's pretty much it.  What it implies is your vax status of "vaccinated" is not equivalent to posing no threat to others.  Your viral load is the issue.  And people either vaxed or not vaxed can still carry a viral load capable of infecting others.  Just what the specific risk either poses is unclear to me.  But there is a risk in either case.

But all the government cares about is vaxing.  A program on its own that is guaranteed to fail in stopping the spread of the virus and its variants.  So in 2030 I'll be on my 19th booster shot wearing a mask at the supermarket.  And the host at the local restaurant will greet you with asking "what would you prefer, COVID or non-COVID seating?"

The problem is when you mix politics and science you get politics.  And the objective of vaxing everybody is not equivalent of or synonymous with stopping the virus.  That's where we're at here now.  At some point we need to invoke common sense.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Notice at the end of the video the student seems to be on his knees resisting. Also notice the other college students laughing at him.

This is disturbing because it seems on this particular campus, The University of Tennessee, the kids are hook, line, and sinker when it comes to (probably) vaccinated people being forced to wear masks.

These students are our future.

Speaking of the future: it's going to be very interesting to see how American police respond to these Covid restrictions. I've been thinking for a while now that here in America it could never happen like it has in, say, Australia. Our police have at least a little bit of dignity.

It seems to me this officer really didn't want to do this.

But he did.

That's a crazy video. 

Any other decade, at least 3/4 of that class wouldn't be wearing a mask just to give the middle finger to The Man.  

13 hours ago, BillStime said:

GQP will sacrifice their own supporters to own the libs and win. Sick

Well a large Israeli study did find that "natural" immunity was 13x more effective against the delta variant than the vaccines.  And we know the vaccines don't kill off the virus so both vaccinated and un-vaccinated people can carry a viral load capable of passing on the infection.  Which can make vaccinated people a seemingly healthy walking virus incubator and spreader.  So yes, the fact you might have a vaccine passport is not equivalent to you being incapable of passing on the virus.  Given the Israeli government seems to be ignoring this study I'm certain the US government will too.   

The effective way to ensure a person doesn't carry the virus is through testing.  If you look at countries that have gotten the virus under control its because of vigorous testing, and contact tracing which seems pretty much non-existent here.  And given there are tests approved through EUA by the FDA that are self-administered and produce a result in around 15 minutes we should be taking advantage of that and doing more testing.  Like checking school kids at home in the morning several times a week before school to prevent school outbreaks and closings.  And keeping a focus on utilizing virus killing treatments that are either available or in P3 trials.  A few of which appear to be "game changers" but get completely brushed off and ignored in the press and officialdom.  I can only presume its because such a treatment would disrupt their vaccine focused approach.  And as we know questioning experts is now forbidden.   

I can't understand why its not crystal clear to everyone, especially the people running the show here, that just vaccinating everyone is not going to stop the virus or end the pandemic.  You need both immunity and you need to kill off the virus.  But the vaccines don't provide long-term immunity or stop infection.  They provide limited protection against serious illness for a limited amount of time.  The vax is really equivalent to a pre-treatment. 

I feel its dishonest that all the people in charge insist to continue calling it a vaccine.  And ignore many "experts" that frankly have more credible arguments and logical conclusions than they do.  And while its certain that these "vaccines" are useful and effective for what they can do they are not delivering what was originally advertised.  Which is the idea that by immunizing everyone so we can return to normal.     

If everyone was vaccinated, barely anyone would be in the hospitals. Deaths would not be above pandemic thresholds. And we wouldn’t be masking (in schools FFS) or even testing except in medical settings and maybe with the most vulnerable. It’s not that hard to understand. It’s not a conspiracy of control. We just have overwhelmed hospitals and medical care. 

I am living my life without restrictions right now. I hope to continue but suspect the unvaccinated will be filling northeastern hospitals soon and our ***** governors will react. 

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well a large Israeli study did find that "natural" immunity was 13x more effective against the delta variant than the vaccines.  And we know the vaccines don't kill off the virus so both vaccinated and un-vaccinated people can carry a viral load capable of passing on the infection.  Which can make vaccinated people a seemingly healthy walking virus incubator and spreader.  So yes, the fact you might have a vaccine passport is not equivalent to you being incapable of passing on the virus.  Given the Israeli government seems to be ignoring this study I'm certain the US government will too.   

The effective way to ensure a person doesn't carry the virus is through testing.  If you look at countries that have gotten the virus under control its because of vigorous testing, and contact tracing which seems pretty much non-existent here.  And given there are tests approved through EUA by the FDA that are self-administered and produce a result in around 15 minutes we should be taking advantage of that and doing more testing.  Like checking school kids at home in the morning several times a week before school to prevent school outbreaks and closings.  And keeping a focus on utilizing virus killing treatments that are either available or in P3 trials.  A few of which appear to be "game changers" but get completely brushed off and ignored in the press and officialdom.  I can only presume its because such a treatment would disrupt their vaccine focused approach.  And as we know questioning experts is now forbidden.   

I can't understand why its not crystal clear to everyone, especially the people running the show here, that just vaccinating everyone is not going to stop the virus or end the pandemic.  You need both immunity and you need to kill off the virus.  But the vaccines don't provide long-term immunity or stop infection.  They provide limited protection against serious illness for a limited amount of time.  The vax is really equivalent to a pre-treatment. 

I feel its dishonest that all the people in charge insist to continue calling it a vaccine.  And ignore many "experts" that frankly have more credible arguments and logical conclusions than they do.  And while its certain that these "vaccines" are useful and effective for what they can do they are not delivering what was originally advertised.  Which is the idea that by immunizing everyone so we can return to normal.     

Much of this is wrong. And has been proven so many times. The vaccine “limited time” narrative is hugely overblown right now. It remains the best defense because you don’t get Covid and spread it for a longer time to get that immunity. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

If everyone was vaccinated, Barry anyone would be in the hospitals. Deaths would not be above pandemic thresholds. And we wouldn’t be masking or even testing except in medical settings and maybe with the most vulnerable. It’s not that hard to understand. It’s not a conspiracy of control. We just have overwhelmed hospitals and medical care. 

Much of this is wrong. And has been proven so many times. The vaccine “limited time” narrative is hugely overblown right now. It remains the best defense because you don’t get Covid and spread it for a longer time to get that immunity. 

Completely incorrect.  Just look at countries with high vaccine rates.  There's no correlation to that and low case numbers.  The fact that booster shots are being pushed at 6 months confirms the limited duration of immunity.  6 months.  And there's a need for a viral killer.  The current approach is never going to work..  

46 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Completely incorrect.  Just look at countries with high vaccine rates.  There's no correlation to that and low case numbers.  The fact that booster shots are being pushed at 6 months confirms the limited duration of immunity.  6 months.  And there's a need for a viral killer.  The current approach is never going to work..  

Guys like you and Big Blitz who do the chicken little about the vaccines like to bring up Israel (but not Denmark and Iceland I notice). So sure let's do Israel:

E9-NY5XXMAMYWbj.thumb.jpg.c055306aa67722b949d7c7b5a8abb157.jpgE9-PK64VkAQ6KFf.thumb.jpg.a51bb3c3bf164699dfb44a19aaf91923.jpg

Tell me again how the vaccine works for a limited time and how ineffective it is. 

I doubt you're brave enough to do the correlational review of Iceland and Denmark. 

I'll repeat my point: If only the vaccinated were in the hospitals, this would be behind us. 

Edited by Sundancer

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

If everyone was vaccinated, barely anyone would be in the hospitals. Deaths would not be above pandemic thresholds. And we wouldn’t be masking (in schools FFS) or even testing except in medical settings and maybe with the most vulnerable. It’s not that hard to understand. It’s not a conspiracy of control. We just have overwhelmed hospitals and medical care. 

I am living my life without restrictions right now. I hope to continue but suspect the unvaccinated will be filling northeastern hospitals soon and our ***** governors will react. 

Yep - agreed there 100%.  Just give me one Bills home game before things get shut down en masse again!

It is amazing how Israel has rising cases despite being the most vaccinated country, and the vaccine lasts longer than the six months but Covid is ravaging my parents retirement community right now when almost all of them got vaccinated in February. The antibodies  produced by those who are at high risk drop much faster than those who are low risk. There are several smaller studies that show that the high risk people lose the antibodies quicker and they are consistent. 

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is amazing how Israel has rising cases despite being the most vaccinated country, and the vaccine lasts longer than the six months but Covid is ravaging my parents retirement community right now when almost all of them got vaccinated in February. The antibodies  produced by those who are at high risk drop much faster than those who are low risk. There are several smaller studies that show that the high risk people lose the antibodies quicker and they are consistent. 

Look at the above graph that is up to date from just a week ago. Israel wants more but it is doubtful it needs more. 

Their severe hospitalizations and deaths are among unvaccinated. Just like here. 

51 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Yep - agreed there 100%.  Just give me one Bills home game before things get shut down en masse again!

***** that. I want all 9 of them and 2 playoff wins. 

• Like (+1) 2

Look at the above graph that is up to date from just a week ago. Israel wants more but it is doubtful it needs more. 

Their severe hospitalizations and deaths are among unvaccinated. Just like here. 

***** that. I want all 9 of them and 2 playoff wins. 

Not sure what you are referencing since you don't have any graph but in Israel of the hospitaized 59 percent were fully vaccinated, according to an Aug. 16 article from Science that cited national data tracked by Israel's largest health management organization. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Not sure what you are referencing since you don't have any graph but in Israel of the hospitaized 59 percent were fully vaccinated, according to an Aug. 16 article from Science that cited national data tracked by Israel's largest health management organization. 

3 posts above yours. Straight from the IS data

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

By the way, of the 2000 breakthrough deaths to date (as opposed to the 1000 per day dying right now), 87% are over 65. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Again tell me that vaccines aren't working. 

That definition of "working" changed and the CDC let the messaging get out of control because the AAP and NEA don't want the schools open.  That and they overhyped what it does - my belief is because there is a massive segment of the population that thinks we're eradicating it.  

That and they want to mandate vaccines but we can't use logic and data to say in the United States, this is over, get the vaccine or not.  It's your call.  

Covid is not a serious threat to humans but we're going to govern like it because we're insane and let it become political.  

Science and the United States should be taking a victory lap.

Stunner we can't even get that right.  

9 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

By the way, of the 2000 breakthrough deaths to date (as opposed to the 1000 per day dying right now), 87% are over 65. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Again tell me that vaccines aren't working. 

In Virginia through 8/21

image.thumb.png.6760dfa511e0c77c9f8b01838af4402a.png

Tell me again how vaccines are not working. 

Shhh. It’s about to wipe out Trump country up here in NJ.