Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And thats the kind of answer that will get this thread shut down.

FYI it all up to the government aka Cuomo and he may be in jail by then so, the short answer is its up to the feds and state government. If all goes well with the vaccines and we wave at the crys

By the Fall there should be no prohibition on gathering with others.  The vaccines appear to be very effective.     CDC Director Rochelle Walensky,  March 29, 2021; “We can kind of almo

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

 it to answer your question, OP, there hasn’t been a peep from the Bills besides the generic “oh, we jope we can welcome everyone back for the 2021 season!” stuff.  A lot of musical acts are already pushing their tours off until 2022, but that’s kind of apples and oranges (a lot of the shows take place in states that are a little more... umm... restrictive and it’s not financially feasible to just avoid those states altogether I guess).

 

They’ll likely wait til the last possible moment to make the dreaded “reduced capacity” announcement if it comes to that.

 

 

As a season ticket holder I got an email from the Bills a few weeks ago that said they fully expect full capacity at the stadium this fall plus Goodell said a few weeks ago that they expect full capacity.  Some colleges have already come out and said they are having full capacity and the Rangers just a few days ago had full capacity so why don't you stop with the doom and gloom crap, getting everybody worked up with your false narratives.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year as a season ticket holder, had the option to opt out.  Meaning full refund on whatever you’ve paid and no option for attending games if they allowed fans at any point.  No option this year.  Yet.

 

Susoect the team is planning full attendance with a contingency plan for reduced fans.

 

Feel the first month or two of the season are in jeopardy of reduced attendance.  If all goes well with vaccines, should have full stands remainder of the season.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

By the Fall there should be no prohibition on gathering with others.  The vaccines appear to be very effective.  

 

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky,  March 29, 2021;

“We can kind of almost see the end,” Walensky said. “We’re vaccinating so very fast, our data from the CDC today suggests, you know, that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick, and that it’s not just in the clinical trials but it’s also in real world data.”

 

https://fortune.com/2021/04/01/its-official-vaccinated-people-dont-transmit-covid-19/

 

By the Fall of this year every person in America who wants the vaccine will have received it.  Those who don't want the vaccine are making a personal health decision and with be responsible for their own health situation, good or bad.   Those who abstain will be at very low risk to infect those already vaccinated.  Those who refuse the vaccine should benefit from herd immunity at that point and be at low risk of catching the virus even without the vaccination. 

Barring some unforeseen change in the next several months, stadiums should be full this Fall and life should be getting back to normal.  😃

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, njbuff said:

When the hell is the schedule coming out?

 

Mid May just like last year. The Falcons announced that one of their home games will be played in London assuming the virus doesn't change that plan.

 

Atlanta Falcons announce they will play one home game in London during 2021 season (msn.com)

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordio said:

 

 

As a season ticket holder I got an email from the Bills a few weeks ago that said they fully expect full capacity at the stadium this fall plus Goodell said a few weeks ago that they expect full capacity.  Some colleges have already come out and said they are having full capacity and the Rangers just a few days ago had full capacity so why don't you stop with the doom and gloom crap, getting everybody worked up with your false narratives.

what exactly in my post was a “false narrative”?  I did miss the bolded (I’m not a STH’er myself), and it’s a good sign, but...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Zero........Canadians  :(

l. 

No drunken hordes then?😉

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you all want full attendance (which we all do) then we should be pushing to make sure everyone gets vaccinated, and we hit that 70% level asap.

 

If people still want to make a juvenile stand about "choice" then it will be their fault when we arent back to 100% open and we can't go to Bills games.

 

 

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that the team and league are optimistic.  I believe if all things go accordingly, there will be a full stadium by opening day.

 

 

However, some of these variants are a bit troubling, and if the right variant gets out it could undermine the whole progress made by vaccination.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

It seems that the team and league are optimistic.  I believe if all things go accordingly, there will be a full stadium by opening day.

 

 

However, some of these variants are a bit troubling, and if the right variant gets out it could undermine the whole progress made by vaccination.

 

Agreed. They have good reason to be optimistic with the way the vaccine roll out has been going so far this year. But it is also better/easier to plan for bigger crowds and cut back, than it is to plan for small crowds and then have to expand logistics at the last minute.

 

Given there are no issues with vaccine supply or appointment logistics, the only thing that will prevent us from getting to back to normal is demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chaccof said:

Has the team said how many fans will be allowed for home games this coming season?  I swear, I searched the site to the best of my technical ability and didn't see it so apologize in advance if this has already  been covered.  Asking  because I have to be in WNY this fall and would like to try to get to a game.  

38,000 at rangers home game the other day... Just sayin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills should just make it a policy now that fans will be required to provide proof of vaccination in order to attend a game.    Let the season ticket holders provide proof now well before the season starts.    Let season ticket holders who do not intend to get vaccinated the option to release their seats for the year similar to last year.   If they opt out, they opt out for the entire season including playoffs.     

 

Bills should also make it policy that all staff (at every level) working at the stadium provide proof of vaccination as part of the hiring process.   

 

Under those conditions fans, players and employees can attend the games with the least amount of concern regarding (pandemic related) health.    It minimizes the risk for everyone involved.    Seems like a no brainer to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Bills should just make it a policy now that fans will be required to provide proof of vaccination in order to attend a game.    Let the season ticket holders provide proof now well before the season starts.    Let season ticket holders who do not intend to get vaccinated the option to release their seats for the year similar to last year.   If they opt out, they opt out for the entire season including playoffs.     

 

Bills should also make it policy that all staff (at every level) working at the stadium provide proof of vaccination as part of the hiring process.   

 

Under those conditions fans, players and employees can attend the games with the least amount of concern regarding (pandemic related) health.    It minimizes the risk for everyone involved.    Seems like a no brainer to me.

 

 

My guess is that is what they are going to do, and you have not gotten vaccinated you are going to have to show a negative covid tests before the game kind of like they did for the playoffs.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you all want full attendance (which we all do) then we should be pushing to make sure everyone gets vaccinated, and we hit that 70% level asap.

 

If people still want to make a juvenile stand about "choice" then it will be their fault when we arent back to 100% open and we can't go to Bills games.

 

 

 

The stadium could still go to 100% with less than a 70% vax rate.

 

Everyone was required to have a test before attending last year.

 

As a private enterprise they could require all fans who wish to attend be vaxxed.
 

Edited by JMF2006
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems most government agencies (White house administration, WHO etc.) Have come out against these Vax cards, might be difficult for the NFL to require it, but who knows.

 

I'd like to see fans back in the seats but I personally don't go to games in person very much so not a big deal to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 2:16 AM, Boxcar said:

Texas Rangers just had 38000 for their home opener. People are whining about it, as expected, but if they are doing that now, I have to imagine full capacity for everyone is perfectly achievable by the start of the season.

They did that despite warnings that it was a terrible idea. I'm pretty sure after their opening series, they're going back to reduced capacity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading the tea leaves and keeping an eye on all societal developments in this area...

 

I would say we are on pace for them to allow *full* attendance at the games this September.

 

I guess what would remain to be seen is what limitations are placed on those there.

 

They'd probably require masks, still, at a minimum, but maybe even require proof of vaccinations, or even proof of negative test results.


Not sure; but I think we'll see big crowds this fall.

 

Even California is fully opening up again now.

 

 

Edited by Nextmanup
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...