Mitch Morse Re-Works Contract per Ian Rapoport

positive news!

i gotta say, given morse is getting kept cheaper, i think it's one of williams or mongo getting retained, not both.

unless they think they can get RB and OLB cheap in the draft or what have you.  based on mccorch's past, the DL is gonna get real attention.  that's his bread and butter.

2 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

I would still like to bolster this OL. Hope they select a lineman in the first 3 rounds. 

Absolutely, only LT (Dawkins) and C (Morse) are filled with above average players at this point. I'm hoping they can bring back Williams on a $10M AAV or less contract, but that may not be in the cards.

We need upgrades at both guard spots IMO (although I could live with Ike Boettger since we aren't overflowing with cap space and draft picks) as well so yeah completely agree that we should aim to use an early draft pick on the O-line and another in the later rounds. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Smart move by both the Bills and Morse.  

I was expecting him to be a cut and another center to be signed - possibly even Mongo returning.  While this is certainly better than paying him what he was due, I’d have probably still gone that route.  One more concussion and I don’t see how you ever put him back on the field.  I’d be shocked if we don’t draft a center this year. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

I was expecting him to be a cut and another center to be signed - possibly even Mongo returning.  While this is certainly better than paying him what he was due, I’d have probably still gone that route.  One more concussion and I don’t see how you ever put him back on the field.  I’d be shocked if we don’t draft a center this year. 

This is a way better option.  Why create more holes?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Thats good news.

Completely disagree. When you have 5 concussions you are basically playing on borrowed time to begin with. They had an out and should have taken it. Josh needs to be paired with a young center for the next 10 years (Landon Dickerson?) and while it's fun to picture Morse starting for 16 games it just isn't likely to happen.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1