Mitch Morse Re-Works Contract per Ian Rapoport

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Feliciano is going to be back, Williams likely not. 

Not if these spot trac numbers are correct.  I dont think feliciano played that great.  If he wants to get paid (he hasnt been yet) he will not be back imo.  Since tackle is more important I think they should resign Williams.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/daryl-williams-16828/market-value/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jon-feliciano-16854/market-value/

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

Not if these spot trac numbers are correct.  I dont think feliciano played that great.  If he wants to get paid (he hasnt been yet) he will not be back imo.  Since tackle is more important I think they should resign Williams.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/daryl-williams-16828/market-value/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jon-feliciano-16854/market-value/

We'll see. I think anything over $8 million per for either player and the Bills will see what else is out there before circling back to Feliciano and Williams. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

A bit surprised at the mixed reaction to this move. We need to see the specific contract details to really determine the impact of the restructure (and in this case pay cut), but I think this is a win-win move. 

Morse is a great center especially in pass protection who has held up well despite pretty awful guard play at times. The concussion issues are a genuine concern, but as some other posters have said, we will likely be able to get out of his deal without much dead cap next year and draft or sign his replacement when we have more resources if we want. I'm happy to have a player of his caliber back and at a reduced price that helps the team. If we can upgrade at one or both guard spots next to him, I think you could see a Pro Bowl-worthy season out of him. 

Keeping Josh protected and healthy needs to be our top priority and I think keeping Morse is a big factor in that. Putting Feliciano at center or a rookie starting from Day 1 would have been a downgrade IMO. 

The specific seems to be that they removed $2 million in base and made it a "Not likely to be earned" bonus related to either playing 15 games OR 81% of the snaps next year.  If he does either of those, he earns the $2 million back and it counts towards the 2022 cap. If not, then the Bills get a $2 million cap savings this year and next years contract isn't affected at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We'll see. I think anything over $8 million per for either player and the Bills will see what else is out there before circling back to Feliciano and Williams. 

I'll go a little higher with Williams to maybe 11 mil per year and a little lower to like 7 mil per year for Feliciano.  However, I agree they will let both walk if they get priced out.  Williams also hasnt really been paid either.

Prolly a dumb question, but does anyone know how incentives in a K are treated for cap purposes? The tweet said he could earn some of the reduced salary back in incentives, so is that just a calculation done on the back end of the season that the Bills would have to account for rolling into 2022? 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The specific seems to be that they removed $2 million in base and made it a "Not likely to be earned" bonus related to either playing 15 games OR 81% of the snaps next year.  If he does either of those, he earns the $2 million back and it counts towards the 2022 cap. If not, then the Bills get a $2 million cap savings this year and next years contract isn't affected at all.

Sorry your language confused me a bit.  To be clear, there will be $2 mil cap savings this year no matter what.  Whether we lose cap from 2022 will be dependent on his play this coming year.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

They struggled all year.... Feliciano is an ok starting Guard who had his fair share of awful games. I think they put a value on him and have an offer out there and have the take it or leave it mentality with him, IMO. I’d love him back as a depth piece at the right price. Hopeful they find an upgrade though. 

Feliciano is average, yes, but he can flip to any position inside which makes him very important. 

To find an upgrade to Feliciano you will have to either get lucky in free agency, draft an instant upgrade, or spend a lot in free agency. 

I'm not sure what you're expecting here. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks Yolo! Still buzzing that I was finally able to break some news despite my lack of a Twitter account, usually you and a few others are all over it which is awesome for the rest of us.

Finally the time difference has worked in my favor while you all were just waking up! Suck it EST-ers!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470ms7ekowkcq8ntd4v4

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Prolly a dumb question, but does anyone know how incentives in a K are treated for cap purposes? The tweet said he could earn some of the reduced salary back in incentives, so is that just a calculation done on the back end of the season that the Bills would have to account for rolling into 2022? 

See the Greg Tompsett tweets or his video on FA.  But in short there are "likely" to be earned incentives and "non-likely".  The designation is made by your performance the previous year.  If you would have earned the incentive the previous year then its a "likely" and comes of the coming years cap (if unearned then it you get it back in the next year).  If you wouldn't (no matter the circumstances), then its "non-likely" and comes off from the next year if earned.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

A while back the Eagles became famous by adding in Not Likely to be earned incentives to inflate contracts but not really effect the cap. 

Those incentives would count the following year. Likely to be earned I believe count this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Sorry your language confused me a bit.  To be clear, there will be $2 mil cap savings this year no matter what.  Whether we lose cap from 2022 will be dependent on his play this coming year.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes that is correct. Basically to get his $2 million back he would likely need to play 15 games OR 81% of the snaps on offense. If he does that, he gets it back and it counts towards next year's cap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Thanks Yolo! Still buzzing that I was finally able to break some news despite my lack of a Twitter account, usually you and a few others are all over it which is awesome for the rest of us.

Finally the time difference has worked in my favor while you all were just waking up! Suck it EST-ers!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470ms7ekowkcq8ntd4v4

I was working out, not sleeping! Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A while back the Eagles became famous by adding in Not Likely to be earned incentives to inflate contracts but not really effect the cap. 

Those incentives would count the following year. Likely to be earned I believe count this year. 

Yes that is correct. On all accounts.