Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But he wasn’t because he got hurt and had the worst qb in the league throwing the ball to him.  Ertz has been nothing but consistent the previous 4 years.  One injury and a QB with the yips and his career is over?  

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I’ll be shocked if ertz sucks now.

regarding your Brady-tyrod comment..... Your conjecture is completely off base and irrelevant.  And you know this.......man

Agree.  Wentz was a dumpster fire, their line was banged up and bad WRs around him - its a recipe for disaster.  Maybe he lost a step, but no way he fell off that hard.  Worth bringing in, IMO

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

I don’t think he’s trash by any means, but I sure as hell wouldn’t give up picks for the privilege of paying him $8.5 million.  It’s entirely possible that he has a bounce back season, but counting on guys over 30 to do that is a big gamble.  

That said, Josh with a weapon at TE would be dangerous.

If they gave him permission to look for a trade, Im assuming they would talk about a restructure or new deal 1st lowering the cap hit

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsCuse said:

If they gave him permission to look for a trade, Im assuming they would talk about a restructure or new deal 1st lowering the cap hit

100% true.  What would you be willing to offer in terms of a contract and picks?  He’s a prime candidate to be cut, IMO.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If you don’t want people think you’re comparing him to Gonzalez then maybe don’t compare him to Gonzalez.

I'm not comparing him to Gonzalez. That post was about how there's many times when people say we should trade for some pretty good to great players and the board fills up with "no, thanks" or they make it a money issue or something. It's happened many times

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not comparing him to Gonzalez. That post was about how there's many times when people say we should trade for some pretty good to great players and the board fills up with "no, thanks" or they make it a money issue or something. It's happened many times

Then why not mention Khalil Mack, DeAndre Hopkins or some other non tight end?

The Bills have never really had a good TE in 60 years. There have been guys that were “good for a Bills TE” but not any that were really top notch compared to the rest of the league. Even at 80%, Ertz would probably be the best TE the Bills ever had. That’s pretty sad but I will absolutely take it.

• Like (+1) 1