Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

1 hour ago, Artem Lipatov said:

The guy have caught several clutch 1st downs and scored game winning TD in SB vs NE. Broke season record of Witten. Go for him . Let him blow so for Bills 

Why not get Antonio Gates?  He is spent too.

Edited by 4merper4mer

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

Looking forward to just missing out on Ertz

Be prepared to hear "Ertz heads to the Chargers, Bills were the other team in the mix." :wallbash:

FTR - I'd be quite happy if this post doesn't age well

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would too. I just can’t imagine if would take that little but it would be an awesome pickup.

A broken player owed $8.5M?  They should be sending Beane the 4th rounder to take him.

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

A broken player owed $8.5M?  They should be sending Beane the 4th rounder to take him.

So one down year means the player is broken? Ok...

You did see the Eagles play right?

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Agree 1

On 3/8/2021 at 5:18 AM, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t know that it is Daboll not be interested in TE routes or if it is our QB - like point 2.  Nothing wrong with Josh, but he is/has typically used WRs as his primary pass catching target since college.

I can't tell you how the TE were being used, but in 2016 Hollister (who is now with Seattle) caught about 1/4 of Allen's passing yards

(Gentry had more than half).  In 2017 I don't think Wyo had a passable TE on the roster.

I personally felt that Ertz was "phoning it in" and not trying with Philly last year.  I "get it" that players make career decisions when the team is losing, but I have concern that it becomes a habit, just like anything else a guy keeps doing.

It's hard for me to buy that Daboll wouldn't be interested in TE routes.  He was the freakin' TE coach in NE fergoshsakes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can't tell you how the TE were being used, but in 2016 Hollister (who is now with Seattle) caught about 1/4 of Allen's passing yards

(Gentry had more than half).  In 2017 I don't think Wyo had a passable TE on the roster.

I personally felt that Ertz was "phoning it in" and not trying with Philly last year.  I "get it" that players make career decisions when the team is losing, but I have concern that it becomes a habit, just like anything else a guy keeps doing.

It's hard for me to buy that Daboll wouldn't be interested in TE routes.  He was the freakin' TE coach in NE fergoshsakes.

Totally agree - that is why I don’t believe people that say Daboll doesn’t like TEs.  

I think Josh has shown himself to be most comfortable when he has a variety of routes available and that happens best out of the spread with multiple WRs.

30 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So one down year means the player is broken? Ok...

You did see the Eagles play right?

72 targets, 36 catches, 1 TD, 5 drops, and 4.7 yards per target.  There are “down years” and there are “worst pass catcher in the league” years.  He’s over 30 and is the 7th highest paid TE.  

You want to give up a draft pick for the right to pay him?

On 3/7/2021 at 9:59 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not going after Ertz.  I'm not saying Dawson doesn't need someone to push him but I don't see this as a fit.

I disagree I think Ertz is the perfect fit for this team 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This board is funny

"How about a 2nd for Tony Gonzalez in his prime?"

Two Bills drive posters: "No thanks, I'll pass"

😂

Zach Ertz 2021 is Tony Gonzalez in his prime?  Are we on planet Illusionon?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Agree 1