Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

It is all postering - He has been going to be traded shortly now for weeks. 

I am not worried.  Let it come to us.  Do not give up picks and big salary for a guy that is not wanted on his current team.

Let them cut him or let someone else take the trade - give us a better player at a lower salary.

Correct. Howie Roseman, pulled the same stunt with Cason Wentz, which was about to be traded for 2 weeks for two 1st rounders.  Everyone seems to know what's up in Philly, I'm not buying it.  In this year with the cap crunch I really don't think Ertz's contract is tradeable.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Only way Eagles get a 3rd is if Ertz is willing to restructure and take a pay cut for his new team. 

13 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

Does anyone think the Bills could pick up David Njoku from the Browns for a Fifth round pick?

One of the articles the other day was suggesting it was either a 5th or 6th for Ertz, or a 7th for the guy from the Rams

12 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

Does anyone think the Bills could pick up David Njoku from the Browns for a Fifth round pick?

Njoku is due over $6M in base salary this year........and probably hasn't yet done enough to be worth half of that $.........and will want to have a big year and hit free agency.

A player like Ertz is more of a proven commodity and more likely to be amenable to a team friendly extension, IMO.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

How does that even work? “Hey Bills, it’s Zach. Will you trade for me? Just don’t give up too much. “

It means his agent has formal permission to negotiate a new contract with other team's agents, without risking a tampering charge.

The thing is, at this point....the Eagles need $18M of cap space by tomorrow at 4 pm and cutting Ertz gets them like 40% of the way there.... so why would teams trade anything?

Well, this Eagles beat reporter thinks the Eagles will be handsomely compensated:

(Eliot Shorr-Parks "Eagles Reporter for http://94WIP.com. Podcast host @GoBirdsPod")

On 3/14/2021 at 8:01 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

One of the articles the other day was suggesting it was either a 5th or 6th for Ertz, or a 7th for the guy from the Rams

What guy from the Rams is that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It means his agent has formal permission to negotiate a new contract with other team's agents, without risking a tampering charge.

The thing is, at this point....the Eagles need $18M of cap space by tomorrow at 4 pm and cutting Ertz gets them like 40% of the way there.... so why would teams trade anything?

Well, this Eagles beat reporter thinks the Eagles will be handsomely compensated:

(Eliot Shorr-Parks "Eagles Reporter for http://94WIP.com. Podcast host @GoBirdsPod")

I know. Just messing around. I would definitely trade our 3rd for him if his health checks out. He was great before last year.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some of these agents have been working on the parameters of newly signed free agent deals with officials from teams other than the one their client is contractually obligated to since before the Super Bowl.

If the Bills want to negotiate prospective terms with a players agent they just need to make a call..........no team or agent is recording those discussions to be submitted for tampering.        

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wrong team, meant to say Tampa and the player was Brate!   😇 I was close!!