Vincent Jackson found dead

TBBills Fan

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Wow.  I just realized that.  What a tasteless avatar.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

You post a thread like this with an avatar of Porky Pig holding a gun to his head?

WTF !?

I mean, i dont think that was intended to be an offensive component of this story it was just the guys already existing avatar which under different circumstances might not seem so terrible

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

I mean, i dont think that was intended to be an offensive component of this story it was just the guys already existing avatar which under different circumstances might not seem so terrible

Not so terrible? Come on man. We all know that cartoon pig suicides by hand gun are on the rise in this country and something needs to be done about it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

You post a thread like this with an avatar of Porky Pig holding a gun to his head?

WTF !?

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Wow.  I just realized that.  What a tasteless avatar.

I think it's worse that you two are trying to derail the thread, if that's your intention...

Gotta wait until the story comes out for more details, but this initially reminds me of Seau.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Man 38 is so young. My Vincent story is my cousin went to college at Northern Colorado and during Xmas breaks we got to talking and I asked if he knew anyone famous and he said he had classes with Vincent Jackson, so I always thought that was cool. It's to bad, he was great.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

yeah it does, wonder if they are going to examine his brain.  Living in a hotel when you  have your place and family says to me its probably mental illness or drug addiction...but I AM JUST SPECULATING

May have been marital issues if he was in a hotel for a month+. That can trigger a lot of stuff. 😟

Edited by UConn James
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, UConn James said:

May have been marital issues if he was in a hotel for a month+. That can trigger a lot of stuff. 😟

I had the same thought. 

Between that and the wellness check it paints a very sad picture. 

Nothing but praise for him on twitter as someone who helped many. Heartbreaking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

It's a sad day for sure. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He was fun to watch on the field, and was as dominant as they come. RIP

Horribly sad. Prayers to his loved ones. 

More will come out, maybe with answers, possibly with more questions. Regardless, it changes nothing. A man lost his life much too soon, and his friends and family lost a loved one. I’ll pray for them to get thru this terrible time of grief. It’s sad if he’s 92 in a nursing home and has a heart attack. At 38 it’s so much more sad, regardless of cause. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Who?? Instead of just a link, Could we get a little background info on who these people are and why do we care?

Are you 16?

Anyone that's a big enough football fan to be an active member on a message board should know who Vincent Jackson is. 

As far as if you care, that's up to you...

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Who?? Instead of just a link, Could we get a little background info on who these people are and why do we care?

Huh? A former NFL player, a guy many people have expressed they wanted to be a Bill, dies mysteriously and you ask why should we care??? He was also a human being, with a family and friends. What more do you want to know? Try Google, I don’t know exactly what you need. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

While I think CTE or maybe opioids may be involved here, I think there may be another aspect that isn’t taken into account by many. 

Im sure most have heard ex players say the biggest thing they miss is the locker room and the guys they played with.

The best way I can relate this is with separating military personnel. You go from a person in charge of millions/billions budget with a staff, tons of responsibility and a network of close work associates who provide you with purpose and self respect. 

Then you retire/separate. 

The military “boat” is fast moving and when someone falls off the side, the people still on the boat make take a moments notice, but they have a mission to accomplish and can’t worry about someone who’s already gone. 

Also, you’re left with a VERY narrow skill set that literally only applies to the job you’ve been trained to do. Not much applicability in the civilian world.

This leaves you with no purpose, nothing to base your self worth on, an unusable skill and your network of people you worked with are already into the next thing.  Leaving you broken and alone with no mission to accomplish.

I feel that a lot of this applies to the NFL as well. Top it off with the fact that this is probably the first time in their lives when no one worships them or treats them like the premier athlete they were and a social circle used to a certain lifestyle and I can see how a lot of guys just can’t cope. 

Every day 22 military members commit suicide. I wouldn’t be surprised if NFL/Pro sports had the same suicide rate (meaning per capita suicides or percentage of the pool of players who commit suicide). 

This may be exasperated by drugs/bad decisions but in many cases (at least as far as former military guys are concerned), this is the main underlying issue. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Without getting a warning for bringing up the pandemic, this year has been very rough for a lot of people and former NFL athletes are not immune. The suicide rates and domestic violence cases have skyrocketed over the past year. I pray for everyone going through tough times in hopes that we can avoid tragedies like this. I hope that some good can come out of it for his friends and family. RIP Vincent.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

While I think CTE or maybe opioids may be involved here, I think there may be another aspect that isn’t taken into account by many. 

Im sure most have heard ex players say the biggest thing they miss is the locker room and the guys they played with.

The best way I can relate this is with separating military personnel. You go from a person in charge of millions/billions budget with a staff, tons of responsibility and a network of close work associates who provide you with purpose and self respect. 

Then you retire/separate. 

The military “boat” is fast moving and when someone falls off the side, the people still on the boat make take a moments notice, but they have a mission to accomplish and can’t worry about someone who’s already gone. 

Also, you’re left with a VERY narrow skill set that literally only applies to the job you’ve been trained to do. Not much applicability in the civilian world.

This leaves you with no purpose, nothing to base your self worth on, an unusable skill and your network of people you worked with are already into the next thing.  Leaving you broken and alone with no mission to accomplish.

I feel that a lot of this applies to the NFL as well. Top it off with the fact that this is probably the first time in their lives when no one worships them or treats them like the premier athlete they were and a social circle used to a certain lifestyle and I can see how a lot of guys just can’t cope. 

Every day 22 military members commit suicide. I wouldn’t be surprised if NFL/Pro sports had the same suicide rate (meaning per capita suicides or percentage of the pool of players who commit suicide). 

This may be exasperated by drugs/bad decisions but in many cases (at least as far as former military guys are concerned), this is the main underlying issue. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 

Nailed it great post, thanks

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1