Vincent Jackson found dead

TBBills Fan

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news/former-bucs-player-vincent-jackson-found-dead-in-brandon-hotel-room/

Jackson, 38, who is a South Tampa resident, checked in to the hotel room on Jan. 11 and had been staying in a room since then.

Jackson’s family reported him missing on Feb. 10. Two days later, deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office located Jackson at the Homewood Suites oat 10240 Palm River Road and spoke with him.

After assessing Jackson’s well-being, the missing persons case was canceled.

Jackson was then located deceased around 11:30 a.m. Monday in his hotel room by a housekeeper.

"No signs of trauma"

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Very sad. I remember wanting him soooo bad when he left SD. 

Seems like he was going through some things... :(

yeah it does, wonder if they are going to examine his brain.  Living in a hotel when you  have your place and family says to me its probably mental illness or drug addiction...but I AM JUST SPECULATING

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

hate to guess at this point, suicide maybe? The article doesnt give much except no foul play.  Hard to think it would be natural causes

Who knows?

Could be since he was in a hotel for a

month. That is strange in itself. Could be opiate related as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

A sad end for a player who once had a contract dispute with the Chargers and was smart enough to holdout during the season, yet play just enough games to gain UFA status.

He was ahead of his time in that regard and was one of the top receivers in the league for a time. 

Godspeed to him.  I hope this wasn't CTE related.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Who knows?

Could be since he was in a hotel for a

month. That is strange in itself. Could be opiate related as well. 

Sounds like either suicide or some type of overdose but I guess they will come out with a report when they are done with toxicology/autopsy