Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s better but Mayfield is capable... They are loaded at the skills position(more than we are) and have a ton of talent on that defensive line..... disagree that they are even rosters. Bills have Allen, Diggs, White whom are elite, Beasley who is very good, and the rest of the roster are mostly JAGs . 

No love for Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds, Dawkins & Oliver. I wouldn't call them JAGs 

I believe where Cleveland has the advantage is because of Myles Garrett . Watt will get a ton of 1 on 1s with Myles on the other side. With us Watt would possibly be the center of attention by the opposing Offense unless Oliver takes a huge step forward this yr.

Allen>Mayfield without question.... I'd probably give the edge to Cleveland in terms of overall talent on the roster over Buffalo though..... but as we all know QB trumps everything. 

QB: Bills >>> Browns

RB: Bills <<< Browns

TE: Bills < Browns (given the amount of usage and the design of offense, this is closer than it should be.)

WR: Bills >>> Browns

OL: Bills << Browns 

DL: Bills < Browns

LB: Bills > Browns

DB: Bills >> Browns

ST: Bills > Browns

Coaching: Bills >> Browns

Edited by whatdrought
  • Agree 1

He’s better but Mayfield is capable... They are loaded at the skills position(more than we are) and have a ton of talent on that defensive line..... disagree that they are even rosters. Bills have Allen, Diggs, White whom are elite, Beasley who is very good, and the rest of the roster are mostly JAGs . 

JAGs?  Please.  Cleveland might be more talented, and Allen, in my view, is the MVP given his worth to the roster.  But let's not let a bad day in the AFCC distort our view of what's going on here.  The secondary is basically fine.  Pass pro is fine.  RB and TE could use an upgrade.  Watt would be the necessary upgrade to d-line.  LBs are basically fine, and we'll survive if Milano goes.  STs are probably top third to top quarter of the league.  We could be better, but we're in good shape, and we have an ace at QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have a top ten LT, arguably a top 5 safety duo, Hughes is anything but a JAG. The dude has 6 sacks in 5 career playoff games. 

why do you say the things you say? 

48 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The Bills have a top ten LT, arguably a top 5 safety duo, Hughes is anything but a JAG. The dude has 6 sacks in 5 career playoff games. 

why do you say the things you say? 

I think he’s still traumatized by something that happened when he was a kid...I mean, just imagine what would’ve happened if he would’ve been the starting pitcher instead of the coach’s son!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Process said:

I mean, any late round pick should be able to replace those guys just fine and for a lot less money. They were nothing but bodies out there for the most part this year. Can't recall a single big play made by either one.

Well ... I think that I can think of one big play by Zimmer that likely won us a game this year. I bet that Cam Newton & Bill Belichek probably remember that play too, lol.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

And then who do the Browns have that are elite? Garrett, Ward and Chubb? 

You conveniently left out some very good players on the Bills but that’s cool too. 

Joel Bitonio is elite. Top 3 guard in the league for me after Nelson and Martin. Conklin if not elite is pretty close too and Landry is an elite slot receiver. I get it guard, right tackle and slot receiver are not the premium positions but each of those guys is worst case top 5 in the league in their spot. 

I actually don't think Ward is elite. I think he is good not great. He isn't a top 10 corner IMO. Their elite / near elite guys are Garret, Chubb, Bitonio, Conklin and Landry.

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hughes is good... I think we overrate Hyde/Poyer a bit. They are smart, solid players who again, aren't anything spectacular, IMO. 

I say such things because I believe the team was basically carried by Allen to the AFC Championship game. He put the team on his back a lot over the course of the year. He makes the difference in what is an otherwise solid roster that lacks some essential components. 

I don't think we overrate Hyde and Poyer. Maybe Hyde a tad, but generally I think Bills fans underrate Poyer a tad. The thing with them is the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. They are a top 5 safety duo. They have stayed remarkably healthy which is really good fortune because I don't think either of them are top 10 safety talents but they are a brilliant combination that complement each other perfectly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I discounted him because I think he has played his last game in Cleveland. But I agree, talent wise he absolutely is. 

Talent, yeah. But he hasn’t had elite production in about 5 years. A lot or that is due to injury, but still. Until he gets back to that level it’s hard to imagine him being described as elite for anything other than his name. 

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Talent, yeah. But he hasn’t had elite production in about 5 years. A lot or that is due to injury, but still. Until he gets back to that level it’s hard to imagine him being described as elite for anything other than his name. 

That's fair. He wasn't on my list. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Hughes is good... I think we overrate Hyde/Poyer a bit. They are smart, solid players who again, aren't anything spectacular, IMO. 

I say such things because I believe the team was basically carried by Allen to the AFC Championship game. He put the team on his back a lot over the course of the year. He makes the difference in what is an otherwise solid roster that lacks some essential components. 

True.... until the defense carried them through the divisional..... Also i disagree with disregarding the massive statistical turnaround on defense from week 6 all the way into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Edmunds is solid on most days, nothing spectacular. He's not a difference maker. My guess is Milano is gone so they'll have to find his replacement. 

Cleveland has the more talented roster, IMO. The difference is Allen, who was incredible this past season and the reason they got to the Championship game. 

Yeah I think so too, but not by much. They have the slight edge in WR when OBJ is on the field. Think their TE's are a little better also. And their D is maybe to close to call, or maybe a little better, not by much.

Agree Allen is the difference.

• Thank you (+1) 1