Wild Card: afternoon game Chicago at New Orleans 4:40 pm on CBS

GETTOTHE50

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The NFL just got fortunate that there were genuinely 7 worthy AFC teams this year.  If there's a different year where both the AFC and NFC only have 4-5 good teams, the 7 teams playoffs will be unbearable.

It punishes the two seed (relative) and rewards mediocrity. I hope it’s a one and done

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The NFL just got fortunate that there were genuinely 7 worthy AFC teams this year.  If there's a different year where both the AFC and NFC only have 4-5 good teams, the 7 teams playoffs will be unbearable.

Yes, to people who actually understand football, wild card weekend will be something to just ignore, and they’ll just tune in when quality playoff football really begins. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Anybody else wish this game would just end? 

No. My wife needs to see constant football on the TV so I have a reason not to build a desk she ordered. I hope this goes to OT so it bleeds directly into the Steelers game. 

• Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I agree that it’s financial but seems myopic. Watering down the product is not a winning strategy 

You’re right, but all the league cares about are those dollar signs. A lesser product for immediate profit is a very bad long term business strategy. Business across the board have been making this same mistake for years. Greed is a very blinding force that often overrides good long term decision making. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

This is one of the most boring playoff games I’ve seen in a long time.

Since that year when the Cardinals played a playoff game with Ryan Lindley.

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

I read somewhere that McDermott wanted to trade up for Mitchell, but couldn’t find a partner.

I don't believe that is true. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Even the announcers are bored with this game now...

Fake crowd noise is bored with this game

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he was supposed to be an offensive guru because he was the chiefs OC. Right. 

That’s what they said. 
Year one he had Tarik Cohen and Mitch looking like future stars. 
But it looks like he’s still running the exact same playbook from year one with zero success. 
I actually don’t think Mitch is as bad as people make him out to be. He has a good shot at success depending where he goes next year.